HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Pretty cool drone video of downtown and midtown and you can see current projects under construction. Cranes for daaaays!

https://www.reddit.com/r/phoenix/com...tm_name=iossmf
are drones not allowed south of Roosevelt cause the airport?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 2:00 AM

How tall is the midtown building going to be?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 2:48 AM
Skyriser

The tallest midtown building going up I think is Millennium at Park Central, the steel framed apartment complex south of Creighton at 9 stories or about 100'.

Creighton itself is finishing up at about 80' or so but I don't have specific numbers on either.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadude10 View Post
How tall is the midtown building going to be?
I read somewhere (forgot where) that the building at Thomas & Central is going to be 18 stories. I might be off a floor or two.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
are drones not allowed south of Roosevelt cause the airport?
You can fly anywhere with the proper permit.

But in terms of the FAA: most of downtown simply has attitude restrictions.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 10:48 PM

Drone Shots

On the topic of drone footage, I came across some pretty cool shots of downtown from a few vantage points we rarely get the chance to see.

They're on a public IG account but fyi you do need an account to view stories. Best if using a phone so you can turn it sideways. Here's a few screenshots for those who can't view the stories but excuse the bad quality from screenshooting a video..

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ja...6301507546728/

Looking south down Central Ave.

-Love how Civic Park is feeling more urban and canyon like
-Kenect's facade still being worked on. Really is a decent infill extending downtowns core to the north
-X's facade is now noticeable. Stubby but beefy one over there.
-ASU Innovation dorms adding more depth to 1st Ave.

-Better look at the busy Fillmore corridor
-Aspire slowly coming up on 3rd Ave north of Fillmore
-Lot for Second on Fillmore apartments coming up behind the ASU dorms
-The Fillmore slowly coming up in the far back

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 12:32 AM

Those are great photos, thanks for sharing.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 4:47 PM

Great photos! I wish we had more that included all of downtown from that view and didn't cut off part of downtown east and west (Link, etc.).

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 5:45 PM

Just sharing an update received. Has # of units plus anticipated opening dates, all next year!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Just sharing an update received. Has # of units plus anticipated opening dates, all next year!

This is good information. I really wish someone would put together a map of everything under construction and the # of units. Could also put in there the proposed or planned projects. I have a hard time visualizing everything. It would be great to take an aerial, lay over some transparent boxes for the U/C (and proposed) projects so we can see how things are changing. It doesn't have to be fancy. I know people have done a great job with other visuals before, like that 3D version with potential heights, but I'm thinking just a simple all-encompassing map for downtown.

No, I can't do it myself because I don't keep lists of things, plus I have zero time. (Notice I'm just saying I wish this would happen ).

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
This is good information. I really wish someone would put together a map of everything under construction and the # of units. Could also put in there the proposed or planned projects. I have a hard time visualizing everything. It would be great to take an aerial, lay over some transparent boxes for the U/C (and proposed) projects so we can see how things are changing. It doesn't have to be fancy. I know people have done a great job with other visuals before, like that 3D version with potential heights, but I'm thinking just a simple all-encompassing map for downtown.

No, I can't do it myself because I don't keep lists of things, plus I have zero time. (Notice I'm just saying I wish this would happen ).
Berkadia releases this multi-housing report quarterly that shows a map along with units and planned finish date. It’s for the entire metro Phoenix area and splits it out by different sub markets in the valley; however, this sometimes is a little outdated or inaccurate but for the most part it has useful information. https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/..._Optimized.pdf

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 8:25 PM

Looks like Katerra added some recent construction photos of Society Phoenix and Kenect.

https://www.katerra.com/projects/?pr...ject-status=30

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post

Google Earth really just needs to update already! Downtown views are almost 4 years old!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 12:41 PM
Skyriser

^ only in 3D mode. tempe just got updated so I suppose we'll see something soon.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
^ only in 3D mode. tempe just got updated so I suppose we'll see something soon.
Yeah, I see Tempe and Scottsdale updated, that’s why I can’t figure out why they haven’t updated Phoenix yet. Yeah Google maps updates pretty regularly, but Earth takes years and years. I don’t even know how they do it, with google earth,lol, but I want the update!lol.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 3:10 PM

Have you guys seen x phoenix? It looks great!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 3:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes was by there last week looks like it's getting ready to top off and the fascade is being applied.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 3:56 PM

Quote:
I have to admit that initially I wasn't a fan. It looks very stumpy to me. The last few floors have done wonders to change that view.

I'm actually very happy that they didn't build the two phases together. I think if we can turn this economy around, we will continue to see people flee cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago for Arizona. So we could see strong demand continue which means we might get a taller, unique development in the future where phase 2 was slated to be built. So i am actually hoping it is more like 3 years out and we end up with something taller and with a different look and feel so it doesn't seem like a superblock.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 4:23 PM

Where's phase 2 proposed to go up?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Google Earth really just needs to update already! Downtown views are almost 4 years old!

Booted up the new Flight Simulator the other day and flew around Phoneix. The source imagery used for downtown is the same way - about 3-4 years old.

It was actually kinda trippy seeing all the old advertisements on Cityscape etc. Was like stepping back in time!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest