HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 12:29 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
Yeah, I initially thought a jumbotron doesn't sound like it would fit in the Grove either, but the Grove is going to have a completely different vibe once all this is complete. I think with the new pedestrian alley full of neon signs, a shiny new building, transit center, and already having the entrance to the Century Link Arena, a little more glitz and advertising is inevitable. Whether the direction this is going in is for the best or not is debatable, but it will offer something that is a little different, and I think it's a good thing for downtown to have some contrast. JUMP will probably end up being the new quiet low-key meeting space to replace the Grove.

And in regards to the three options they are proposing, I think the Grove must remain public. The fact that is even a question is incredibly worrisome. The Grove is downtown's focal point, and 8th St is the main north/south pedestrian route through downtown, it should always be open.
This is true. I think after CCP is complete, the Grove can be as good if not better than it is now, but no matter what it'll have a very different atmosphere.

I also agree 100% with the bolded text... is it in question though? Could be wrong, but from the article or the CCDC meeting presentations I didn't see an option making it private, event-only space--just that investment would go into improving the event experience. If CCDC tried to close off the Grove, Boise voters would vote them out of existence (and it'd be an out-of-character decision for an organization that's made a lot of great moves recently). It's not a idea that could be sold to Boise voters, IMO.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West