HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 7:43 AM

Wink GDYNIA by my eyes! (march 2011)

Hi guys!
Here is my photos from northern polish city Gdynia. You can read more about Gdynia here.
Please take a look!

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 7:45 AM

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 7:46 AM

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 12:57 PM
Honored Member

Neat stuff. I love the ships, the broad public plazas, and the unique designs of some monuments and buildings.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 2:49 PM

It seems to be rather modern. Nice to see it!

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 8:37 PM

I loved the waterfront with the museumboats when we visited Gdynia some years ago. Nice pier and Aquarium.
But to be honest, nearby Sopot and Gdansk were nicer.

Old Posted May 22, 2011, 1:42 AM

Finally! My lovely modern city!

What are your impressions Boroda? I can see the weather and time of year wasn't the best. It's true - Gdynia is nicer in summer, than in winter.

In the first photo you was only about one street from my house! Too bad you don't catch me before via PM. Maybe later

Benonie - Gdynia is not only about museumboats and see piers Maybe you think that Sopot and Gdańsk was better than Gdynia, because you don't be here in the spring or summer time and you do not have much time to find out real side of the city. Gdynia has only 85 years, because it was built back in late twenties of the XIX-th century. For this reason this city don't have older buildings, but I don't find this as a bad thing. Inversely - this distinguishes city in comparison to other ones in Poland. It's pretty big advantage

I can tell you (as a 20-year inhabitant) that Gdynia has mainly 4 sides - Modernist (famous buildings and streets, also less known parts), Typically touristic (museumboats, squares, view points, beaches, yachts and green places), Rural (big, small village and other houses around different districts) and last but not least - industrial one (big port, shipyards and other).

So as you can see - you can not judge about any city before you understand whole sides of them

Because of this I will try to create a new thread about my city and show all of the sides of my hometown. This will happen as soon as possible - perhaps even before june? Who knows...

Expat - Yeah, it's freaky modern!

Boroda - Have you been at Kamienna Góra viewpoint (there's view of the big part of the city, Sea Towers [that big building] and Gdańska bay of course)?

Old Posted May 22, 2011, 6:39 AM
International

That cyborg/robo tower is awesome!

Old Posted May 22, 2011, 3:07 PM

Still very commie looking in these pics with the style of buildings along the street, imposing statues, lack of greenery and gray skies... not to mention that scary Ministry of Death tower looming over the town.

I'm sure it's a actually a nice place.

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benonie View Post
But to be honest, nearby Sopot and Gdansk were nicer.
You will see them at my next photo threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_zul View Post
What are your impressions Boroda?
My impressions about Gdynia is nice generally. It's a very comfortable place for living and working there. For me was very interesting to visit this city, but I think not so much people as I'm - this city is not touristic. But maybe this is better
Generally, I've visited all the Truymiasto, and I can say the next thing: if I would live in Truymiasto - I'll prefer to live in Sopot, to work in Gdynia and to spend my free time in Gdansk

Quote:
I can see the weather and time of year wasn't the best. It's true - Gdynia is nicer in summer, than in winter.
Don't care about weather Weather was nice.

Quote:
In the first photo you was only about one street from my house! Too bad you don't catch me before via PM. Maybe later
Sorry, my friend Tomek Before my trip to Poland I told you when I'll be there (in Gdynia), but was no answer from you. And during my trip I has no Internet connection, so was no chance to communicate with you. That's your fault also that we didn't meet

Quote:
I can tell you (as a 20-year inhabitant) that Gdynia has mainly 4 sides - Modernist (famous buildings and streets, also less known parts), Typically touristic (museumboats, squares, view points, beaches, yachts and green places), Rural (big, small village and other houses around different districts) and last but not least - industrial one (big port, shipyards and other).
20-year inhabitant? And where did you lived 20 years ago? Or you are 20 years old?

Quote:
Because of this I will try to create a new thread about my city and show all of the sides of my hometown. This will happen as soon as possible - perhaps even before june? Who knows...
Man, you promise this third time.

Quote:
Boroda - Have you been at Kamienna Góra viewpoint (there's view of the big part of the city, Sea Towers [that big building] and Gdańska bay of course)?
I think yes. I'm not sure about the name of this place, but I think I've been there. You will see this at my next photos from Gdynia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Still very commie looking in these pics with the style of buildings along the street, imposing statues, lack of greenery and gray skies... not to mention that scary Ministry of Death tower looming over the town.
But this is very good, right? Commie looking areas rules!

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 11:19 AM

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boroda View Post
My impressions about Gdynia is nice generally. It's a very comfortable place for living and working there. For me was very interesting to visit this city, but I think not so much people as I'm - this city is not touristic. But maybe this is better
Generally, I've visited all the Truymiasto, and I can say the next thing: if I would live in Truymiasto - I'll prefer to live in Sopot, to work in Gdynia and to spend my free time in Gdansk
Actually Gdynia is a very touristic city, but not in march as it's in summer months of course And this is interesting, because everyone says that Gdynia is the best city to live a normal life and work, Gdańsk to have a shopping (and maybe to work) and Sopot to go to the clubs at famous Monciak street

Quote:
Don't care about weather Weather was nice.
I don't think so. In that time there wasn't so much green and people on the streets as it is now, and there wasn't hot sunny days. But if you like this kind of weather, that's good. I don't

[QUOTE=Boroda;5289342]Sorry, my friend Tomek Before my trip to Poland I told you when I'll be there (in Gdynia), but was no answer from you. And during my trip I has no Internet connection, so was no chance to communicate with you. That's your fault also that we didn't meet

Unfortunately I had matura exams nowadays and that was very stressful time, so I feel justified. In the meantime you could go to the internet cafe and then we maybe will communicate each other

Quote:
20-year inhabitant? And where did you lived 20 years ago? Or you are 20 years old?
Yes, I am 20 years old

Quote:
Man, you promise this third time.
I know, but I had very little time in the past months so I couldn't open a new thread. And I will not promise this fourth time Right now I'm searching and uploading photos which I will use in the thread. Stay tuned!

Quote:
I think yes. I'm not sure about the name of this place, but I think I've been there. You will see this at my next photos from Gdynia.
There is a big cross in the middle of this place. I am waiting for these photos!

Quote:
But this is very good, right? Commie looking areas rules!
I don't have anything to commieblocks and commie cities, but Gdynia IS NOT a communist (maybe even looking) city! City was built in early XX-th century and in MODERNIST style! That's a very big difference.

As I said - I'm waiting for the upcoming pics! Share them with us Boroda! I will also try to accelerate my searching process

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
There is a big cross in the middle of this place. I am waiting for these photos!
Do you mean this one?

This is Kamienna Gura?

Quote:
I don't think so. In that time there wasn't so much green and people on the streets as it is now, and there wasn't hot sunny days. But if you like this kind of weather, that's good. I don't
By the way, Tomek: during the season without snow and without green trees you can see the architectural features of the city much more better than when it's green I know that "green" city looks much more "alive", but if to say honestly - actually here in Ukraine we have absolutely the same trees as in Poland
So, that's why I think that I've watched the city well.

Quote:
Unfortunately I had matura exams nowadays and that was very stressful time, so I feel justified. In the meantime you could go to the internet cafe and then we maybe will communicate each other
OK, Tomek, you are right. Now you prove me that it was my fault about our meeting. So stupid situation - you was the nearest to me SSP-user, and I missed the chance for our meeting. Sorry for that

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
As I said - I'm waiting for the upcoming pics! Share them with us Boroda! I will also try to accelerate my searching process
OK, I continue.

That's all I have from Gdynia.
Thanks for watching my thread

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 10:56 AM

your city looks very clean

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Do you mean this one?

This is Kamienna Gura?
Yeah. It's Kamienna Góra - Stone "Mountain"

Quote:
By the way, Tomek: during the season without snow and without green trees you can see the architectural features of the city much more better than when it's green I know that "green" city looks much more "alive", but if to say honestly - actually here in Ukraine we have absolutely the same trees as in Poland
So, that's why I think that I've watched the city well.
Not so much green on trees is good for watching architecture and even photographing, but Gdynia is very specific city and in the summer it looks much better with the sun shining over white modernist buildings But I know what you are talking about

Quote:
OK, Tomek, you are right. Now you prove me that it was my fault about our meeting. So stupid situation - you was the nearest to me SSP-user, and I missed the chance for our meeting. Sorry for that
Nah, we just didn't understood each other, that's all But if I would be in Ukraine, I will send you an email or Private Message. I hope you do the same if you would be there some next time - the best would be june or july, but then Gdynia (and whole Trójmiasto) is crowded very well!

Quote:
That's all I have from Gdynia.
Thanks for watching my thread

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah. It's Kamienna Góra - Stone "Mountain"
I understand it without translation Polish language is quite similar to Russian and Ukrainian (Kamienna Góra - that's "Каменная гора" at Russian language. Almost the same )

Quote:
Nah, we just didn't understood each other, that's all But if I would be in Ukraine, I will send you an email or Private Message. I hope you do the same if you would be there some next time - the best would be june or july, but then Gdynia (and whole Trójmiasto) is crowded very well!
OK, just give me a private message if you will go to Ukraine

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos