HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuhickman79 View Post
Well, alrighty then! Just be careful! I had a gun pulled on me one time there in the middle of something that shouldn't ever involve guns. Besides that, BE CAREFUL!....you know what I mean!...as for the ice breakers, I'm sure that's not what you're there for. So, those are quickly forgotten!
Wow, if there ever was a need for a PM session, that was it. Thanks for the enlightening discussion, however.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 8:05 PM
BUFF$LUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacdelicious View Post
Wow, if there ever was a need for a PM session, that was it. Thanks for the enlightening discussion, however.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 8:37 PM
Downtology

CalSTRS...more under highrises

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 9:01 PM
Here we stAy

Thanks for the pics, sacto.

Township 9 looks great, and since scenario B is denser with the offices, I'll have to say that it's my favorite.

Also, when the city was thinking about putting a bridge over the American to Natomas, which street were they thinking about extending? I like the idea of the pavilion, but 7th st seems like the natural choice since it goes all the way into downtown.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 9:03 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacdelicious View Post
I agree!

Common guys, you can start your own thread about pick-ups at the
10th street levee or whatever you wanna call it.

downtownserg89, I think myspace is more suitable for you or
even the skybar since your being a kid and all

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 9:12 PM
BUFF$LUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
I agree!

well yeah you're right. but sheesh, i couldn't help it. someone mentions the north 10th levee and i'm like OMG STORY TIME!

by the way, have you seen my myspace? it's fun. add me

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 9:59 PM

Quote:
I agree!

Seriously, it was already brought to PM. Did you really have to beat a dead horse? Where was your comment when there was almost 2 pages of Rosemont talk. There's not even any developments in Rosemont. But, there's going to be a development where that cruise park is and so we're discussing it. Imagine that...discussion on a skyscraper forum regarding development and the location of a development! It's shocking isn't it!?

Last edited by creamcityleo79; Mar 8, 2007 at 11:12 PM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 10:14 PM

Some good stuff going to the city countil next week

Aura Final Approval

As mentioned above, Nassi option on Lot A runs out on March 31st.

Studios for the Performing Arts at 14th and H

4-Story 46,000 Sqaure Feet building that will provide rehearsal, office, and classroom space for The Sacramento Ballet, Sacramento Opera, Sacramento Philharmoic Orchestra, and California Musical Theatre. Project is currently under going 11.5M fund raising efforts. Project is expected to be completed in 2 year. Going to design review on the 21st

K Street Streetscape Improvements
First phase will do 700 block (to start this summer to coincide with the 700 block developer) and the St Rose of Lima Park. Looks like they got some cool stuff planned including water features. Result of the lawsuit against Mohanna is due back in a couple of weeks

Last edited by sugit; Mar 8, 2007 at 10:36 PM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 11:25 PM

CalPERS sunset. Snapped this with my blackberry 8100 when I was leaving work. Enjoy!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 11:30 PM

You guys are getting so many cool sunset shots these days. Awesome!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuhickman79 View Post
Seriously, it was already brought to PM. Did you really have to beat a dead horse? Where was your comment when there was almost 2 pages of Rosemont talk. There's not even any developments in Rosemont. But, there's going to be a development where that cruise park is and so we're discussing it. Imagine that...discussion on a skyscraper forum regarding development and the location of a development! It's shocking isn't it!?
Maybe your right neuhickman… I guess a discussion on cruise park and
picking up ‘dates’ is relevant to development and your getting pissed at me
cause I’m calling you guys on it. As for your Rosemont banter, I must have
been away from my computer and interacting with the real world.
Remember, you’re the one who finds himself in the middle of all these
irrelevant discussions that go on and on and on…

When I go visit other forums on the site, nothing turns me off more from
reading about what’s going on there than a stupid discussion about
non-relevant issues. When I found this site, I could not believe all the good info
and insite people would bring to the forum… and when the conversation
went off course, someone would speak up.

Well, I imagine you and others now consider myself a wanna-be moderator….
So for a while I’ll stop and let others say something if they want. For the most
part, I’m one of the few here that ever says anything when something
non-relevant is mucking up the forum.

Last edited by innov8; Mar 9, 2007 at 12:34 AM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I agree!

You must have been looking over my shoulder innov8. I was thinking the same thing. I love your enthusiasm downtownserg89 but sometimes your posts make me think that I just sat down in front of my niece's myspace page. They make me laugh and cringe at the same time...

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmotorsport View Post
Thanks for the pics, sacto.

Township 9 looks great, and since scenario B is denser with the offices, I'll have to say that it's my favorite.

Also, when the city was thinking about putting a bridge over the American to Natomas, which street were they thinking about extending? I like the idea of the pavilion, but 7th st seems like the natural choice since it goes all the way into downtown.

The reason for the location of the tracks is that it has to align with Truxel Road on the other side of American River and Sequoia Pacific Blvd is closer than N. 7th St. Also RT will be using city-owned land and an abandoned railroad spur near SPB to cut costs.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerDistrict View Post
Thanks for the parking numbers. The gray boxes all seem to be well concealed inside. All the buildings seem to face the street. the parks seem well placed and proportioned. i like it.

I'm not too familiar with the "colorful" past mentioned, but it seems a very industrious area. will there be any environmental clean up required before they can begin construction?

Also, what's the time-frame on that light rail station? wouldn't the tracks have to be built throught the railyards before they could reach Township 9? I would think the light rail station would be a HUGE selling point for both the residential and office portions of this project. So I'd think the developers would want RT to get there ASAP.
There is no environmental cleanup on this site like on the railyards. The worst thing dumped out there seems to be organic material from the cannery days. Not toxic, just makes for bad structural soil.

The last info I heard from RT was that the light rail station at 7th and Richards would be operational in 2014. Outrageous if you ask me. If I remember right, they apparently have the money lined up to build it, but not to operate and maintain.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 1:19 AM
Repeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugit View Post

Studios for the Performing Arts at 14th and H

4-Story 46,000 Sqaure Feet building that will provide rehearsal, office, and classroom space for The Sacramento Ballet, Sacramento Opera, Sacramento Philharmoic Orchestra, and California Musical Theatre. Project is currently under going 11.5M fund raising efforts. Project is expected to be completed in 2 year. Going to design review on the 21st
Are there any more developments planned for the blocks north of this location? I checked the Wayfaring map but didn't see much. With Music Circus there and so many restaurants nearby the neighborhood seems like it could be development more.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 2:02 AM

Not that I know of. There are a few empty lots around that I have to think could be built on...and an awful lot of under untilized stuff as well.

Last edited by sugit; Mar 9, 2007 at 2:34 AM.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmtbr View Post
that's a familiar sight for me, I live near there. That Home Base (the building in the picture) has been vacant for what seems like almost 10 years now...
The entire HomeBase chain shut around 2001 or 2002. There was another HomeBase up on Madison Avenue. I'm not sure if that spot is still empty too.

And speaking of empty stores...I walked past 800J a couple days ago and it still doesn't look like anything's close to opening on the ground floor. If nothing else I would have expected a Starbucks by now. How can you live in a Downtown loft and not have a Starbucks downstairs?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 2:39 AM

I agree Phillip, starbucks in an upscale urban condo/loft project is as essential as the concierge and stingy parking allotments.

Hopefully something will show soon. It would do wonders for that stretch of street.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 2:54 AM
BUFF$LUT

look guys, i'm really into the whole skyscraper scene. yeah i may be pretty younger and, well, different than the majority of the people on this forum, but hey i can't help but to do the typical teenager thing as well!

i really like interacting with you older guys, i must admit. it's pretty new to me. however, i get the feeling my gayness isn't very appealing to others. i guess i'll have to tone it down some.

ok i'm done. let's just end it here and proceed with the skyscraper chit chat, k?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownserg89 View Post

look guys, i'm really into the whole skyscraper scene. yeah i may be pretty younger and, well, different than the majority of the people on this forum, but hey i can't help but to do the typical teenager thing as well!

i really like interacting with you older guys, i must admit. it's pretty new to me. however, i get the feeling my gayness isn't very appealing to others. i guess i'll have to tone it down some.

ok i'm done. let's just end it here and proceed with the skyscraper chit chat, k?

Now I know you just didn't call me old and straight.....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area