HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post
Walked by the 1640 Broadway site on Thu and asked one of the crew what floor they’re on. He said 30, so 3 more to go for this one. It’s looking really good!! And there are four other mid-to-highrise projects well underway within 4-blocks going towards Lake Merritt. Then there’s at least 8 Residential projects underway in the Broadway & Grand Uptown Area with several more to come next year. There are two active building sites in the 2800-3100 blocks of Broadway but I don’t know what they are and saw no renderings for either. There’s a pretty deep hole for both, so I figure that indicates underground parking because both sites are on the narrow end of wedge shaped blocks.

1314 Franklin is coming out of the ground with rebar so it’ll start going vertical in the 4th quarter. A 40-story residential building in Downtown Oakland..WOW

If I can learn how to post pics here I’d be happy to do a monthly update for folks to keep up. There’s so much construction in the area within the boundaries of Jack London Square, 980, 580, and Lake Merritt. Will see what I can do.

ATLotb
ATLonthebrain, Great post! It would be great to have you contribute. you can look up how to post images in the form threads. But for a quick reference, simply upload images to a hosting site (photo bucket, Flickr, etc), copy the image address, then paste with "[img] link [/img]".

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 8:33 PM

250 17th St, 1700 Webster in the background

1900 Harrison

1721 Webster

1640 Broadway

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 5:04 PM

Oakland:

Old Posted Oct 27, 2018, 5:56 PM

And in other news, BART has awarded EBALDC/Strada's proposal for the redevelopment of Lake Merritt Bart station. here are a few snippets

Images & more details courtesy of the link below
https://www.bart.gov/sites/default/f...esentation.pdf

Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Square takes all of Oakland's Uptown Station
By Blanca Torres – Reporter, San Francisco Business Times
Dec 20, 2018, 3:56pm PST Updated Dec 20, 2018, 8:08pm EST

Oakland finally landed a major tech tenant with digital payments company Square Inc. agreeing to lease all of Uptown Station at 1955 Broadway.

The building, which has 356,000 square feet of office space, is the same property that Uber previously owned, but sold in 2017.

The lease is the first time since 2016 that a tenant has inked a deal for more than 100,000 square feet in Oakland.

Square will keep its headquarters in the Mid-Market neighborhood of San Francisco, where it recently added more office space earlier this year. The company plans to move about 2,000 employees into the Oakland space starting in late 2019.

Earlier this year, Square added 104,135 square feet to its Mid-Market headquarters to occupy a total of 469,056 square feet in 1455 Market St., a 1 million-square-foot office building.

Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey started Square in 2009 with 10 employees. The company’s technology enables business owners to process credit card payments and makes a credit card reader for cell phones. The company reported revenue of $809 million in 2017 and now has about 2,300 employees in San Francisco, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.

The Oakland office lease will put Square in the heart of Uptown, one of Oakland’s hippest neighborhoods home to numerous bars, restaurants and entertainment venues.

Uptown Station sits right above the 19th Street BART station . . . .
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...445&j=85689581

Very convenient for any employees that need to work in both offices since the SF headquarters is also near a BART station.

But I'm wondering if this isn't in preparation for this:

Quote:
Square Revives Request to Start a Bank
By Peter Rudegeair
Updated Dec. 19, 2018 12:37 p.m. ET

Square Inc. is making another run at the banking business.

The San Francisco-based financial-technology company said it plans to refile paperwork with state and federal regulators to open a wholly owned bank in Utah as early as Wednesday.

Square Financial Services Inc., as the new unit will be called, would primarily offer loans, deposit accounts and prepaid cards to small businesses . . . .

Acquiring a banking license would allow Square to plug into the pipes of the financial system without having to go through banks and other intermediaries. It would also send a signal that regulators are open to giving Silicon Valley firms access to privileges previously unavailable to them, such as deposit insurance.

(The new subsidiary) will be led by Lewis Goodwin, a former executive at prepaid debit-card company Green Dot Corp. , will be capitalized with $56 million in cash from Square and won’t open any physical branches . . . .
https://www.wsj.com/articles/square-...s&page=1&pos=5

Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 6:38 PM

Great update-thanks.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2019, 10:49 PM
Build Baby Build

Anyone interested in downtown Oakland should click on this link:

The Draft Plan for the Development of Oakland’s Downtown by Socketsite

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:36 PM
heavy user of walkability

I can't see past the paywall myself, but I think this says that 1900 Broadway is about to break ground

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
I can't see past the paywall myself, but I think this says that 1900 Broadway is about to break ground
Yeah. Groundbreaking in June with a targeted completion of 2021.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
Yeah. Groundbreaking in June with a targeted completion of 2021.
thanks Fvn

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 3:38 AM

I was in Oakland yesterday. these are not intended as a comprehensive update (and I'm afraid I don't keep close track of the addresses of all the ongoing projects), but mostly to relay the impression that I came away with that a lot is going on there.

looking north up Broadway

next to City Center

back to Broadway

from further north on Broadway, heading toward Uptown

some of the newer housing in Uptown (north end of downtown)

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 11:44 PM

timbad coming in with much needed updates for Oakland. Thanks again as always! I'm trying my best down here in the South Bay haha

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 4:53 AM
Sonoma Strong

Thank you both for your contributions! They are much much appreciated!

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Exclusive: 39-story tower to break ground in Oakland
By Fiona Kelliher – Real estate reporter, San Francisco Business Times
Jan 18, 2019, 5:15pm EST

An ambitious 39-story tower next to Oakland's 19th Street BART Station is poised to break ground.

Construction at 1900 Broadway will kick off in June, with a projected opening date in 2021, developer Lincoln Property Co. and capital partner Behring Cos confirmed.

The mixed-use project will consist of 452 residential units, plus about 50,000 square feet of commercial space and 6,700 square feet of ground-floor retail. Entitlements also include restoration of the four-story Tapscott Building that has occupied the 19th Street and Broadway corner for nearly a century.

"It’s, in our view, as good of a site as there can be as it relates to public transit, housing and amenities," said Brandon Wang, executive vice president of Lincoln Property Co.

Several potential co-working tenants have expressed interest in the commercial portion in order to have access to clients living in the same building, said Colin Behring, CEO of Behring Cos. Of the residential units, 24 will be four-bedroom “co-living" apartments that can be shared in an effort to bring down rent. Behring declined to share the development cost of the project or rent estimates . . . .

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...995&j=86192791

A search reveals no thread for it so I'll make one (in "Proposals" for now).

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Here's how Oakland is planning for massive growth downtown
By Fiona Kelliher – Real estate reporter, San Francisco Business Times
Jan 17, 2019, 5:18pm EST

With a population projected to swell in the coming years, Oakland is bracing for a changing downtown.

That means planning for up to 29,000 new residential units and nearly 14 million square feet of office space in downtown alone, the city said in a new document — all while addressing many Oaklanders’ swirling questions about how Oakland can maintain its racial diversity and affordability . . . .

On Wednesday, the city released a draft plan for its downtown specific plan that laid out the city’s economic development priorities through 2040. The 300-page document tackles affordability, culture, global warming, land use and more. Oakland's new zoning for downtown development would allow for:

- Up to 29,000 new housing units
- 17.2 million square feet of new commercial space, including 13.8 million square feet of office
- 14,062 parking spaces

Those numbers aim to accommodate the projected 49,431 new residents and 59,598 new employees joining downtown before 2040.

The influx of people and new development also raises questions of equity. The city aims for 4,350 to 7,250 of the new units to be affordable and will also consider setting aside some housing for artists who meet "specific income and occupational requirements."

The city also may relax ordinances to make adaptive reuse of buildings easier.

Another stipulation? Adding an impact fee for condominium conversions and limiting the size of buildings that can be converted. Additionally, the city may expand the definition of "displacement."

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...town-plan.html

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I'm glad Oakland is thinking big and yet still keeping a lot of the parts of downtown that keep it an interesting place to be.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 3:19 AM

Uptown Station, Oakland, Ca - Renovation update

Uptown Station, Oakland, Ca - Renovation update

Last edited by Oaklandrising; Jan 26, 2019 at 6:50 PM. Reason: Photos do not appear

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 3:27 AM

Broadway and 27th (Hanover Broadway), Oakland, Ca - Construction update 2

Last edited by Oaklandrising; Jan 25, 2019 at 4:44 AM.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 4:26 AM

Broadway and 27th (Hanover Broadway), Oakland, Ca - Construction update 1

Broadway and 27th (Hanover Broadway), Oakland, Ca - Construction update 1

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 4:28 AM

5110 Telegraph Avenue (RAD Urban), Oakland, Ca - Construction update

5110 Telegraph Avenue (RAD Urban), Oakland, Ca - Construction update

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations