HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 2:45 PM
self-important urbanista

If you want to see the exact route, these roll plots are a big PDF, but they provide a lot of detail:

https://www.valleymetro.org/sites/de...g_combined.pdf

According to this fact sheet, the first phase of construction is utility relocation at various sites on Dunlap and 25th Avenue:

https://www.valleymetro.org/sites/de...et_q3_2020.pdf

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 3:57 PM

Thanks for the illustrations, it looks like the exact setup at Central and Camelback.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 11:41 PM
self-important urbanista

More info copied-and-pasted from a Valley Metro construction update email I received today:

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF August 31, 2020
Construction has begun: Northwest Extension Phase II light rail project construction began on Monday, Aug. 24. The initial work is exclusively third party utility construction.
Dunlap Avenue between C Street and 24th avenues (north side): Salt River Project will be starting the relocation process for underground utility lines on Dunlap Avenue between C Street and 24th avenues. Westbound Dunlap Avenue will have one lane restricted daily. Traffic restrictions will be in place 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Aug. 24 through late Sept.
Visit valleymetro.org/northwest2 to view the latest updates and learn more about the project.

Other Area Projects
The Arizona Department of Transportation is constructing improvements to the cross street drainage system along the I-17 frontage road between Greenway Road and Dunlap Avenue in Phoenix. The purpose of the project is to improve the drainage facilities that remove storm runoff from the Greenway, Thunderbird, Cactus and Peoria cross streets, helping to reduce the potential for flooding at the I-17 overpasses. This work will close portions of the I-17 south- or northbound frontage roads through 2020 and into 2021.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 3:33 PM
self-important urbanista

A good overview of light rail expansion currently underway.

Kudos to Jessica Boehm for noting that as drastic as a 50% ridership drop may sound, it’s much smaller than what’s been seen on many other systems like the NYC subway and BART.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/5656836002/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest