HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 2:51 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINphx View Post
You were too triggered to even respond (OR QUOTE) my entire post which certainly was a lot more nuanced than your thick-skulled response would incline.

YOU are the one attempting to be "right" here and certainly being pedantic.

ALL I fucking said was "I'm not saying it wouldn't affect businesses but if there were access points along 99th and 91st, where most of the commercial businesses are located and you could still access them from 99th and 91st themselves then they could continue to serve the community with relative ease of access.

I am out that way all the time as my business is located out by the AFB and I take either Northern or Glendale. I also own a home at Rovey Farms and have wondered how it could pass that stretch of Northern as well as where your property is located - it seems awfully narrow to fit what they have put out west of Dysart - I would imagine it would require acquisition of homes on either the north or south side perhaps - the landscape areas at Rovey Farms are enormous as well but I imagine the HOAs own those parcels . . . I'm just barely not curious enough to look for these easements or the assessor's maps"

You didn't really address anything I said - not that I expect you to do so, but don't blindly insult me when I was being genuinely curious. That's called being a cunt.

Also, if there IS indeed a preserved ROW for this thing and it could "technically" fit then it could be done without acquisition of private property? If not, how many do you think would need to be purchased/demolished?

Show me or explain to me the businesses that I did not cover in the above that would have access affected (aside from during construction) ? ? ? I am curious what I am missing.

Again, I'm not saying I'm "right" as I also am out that way daily and have owned homes and a business out that way for a very very very long time. Also - is the amount of homes similar to the Paradise Parkway - I know the real estate values are NOWHERE near comparable . . . Might I also ask, WHO, is it exactly that you feel "emotionally" wants a "freeway" to "get across town faster" ? ? ? Perhaps it is YOU who does not think about all the "factual information at hand" such as the future projected growth of the West Valley and the pressure that is going to put on the existing transportation infrastructure etc - you come across very condescending.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 3:02 PM

My suspicion was right. If you decide you want to have a conversation with out profanity and anger let me know.

Edit: for the sake of trying to talk you off a ledge and calm you down I did the following research. Can we agree the 17 has the narrowest ROW of all the freeways in this city? It's 395' wide at the Northern ramps and 205' wide at Orangewood. The existing ROW on Northern, in front of Parc West (a major shopping center that is too costly to block off or demo) is 115' and 140' at 109th Avenue IF they cannibalized HOA dead space which is likely to happen. To take it a step further the 17 is 75' by omitting the exit lanes, HOV lanes, and frontage road. So to just plop a six-lane freeway in that ROW you need an absolute minimum of 75' but likely much more if you included a shoulder/buffer and space for sound walls.

It's not really feasible to put in a limited access freeway as every neighborhood meeting has deduced.

Last edited by biggus diggus; Aug 12, 2020 at 4:32 PM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
My suspicion was right. If you decide you want to have a conversation with out profanity and anger let me know.

Edit: for the sake of trying to talk you off a ledge and calm you down I did the following research. Can we agree the 17 has the narrowest ROW of all the freeways in this city? It's 395' wide at the Northern ramps and 205' wide at Orangewood. The existing ROW on Northern, in front of Parc West (a major shopping center that is too costly to block off or demo) is 115' and 140' at 109th Avenue IF they cannibalized HOA dead space which is likely to happen. To take it a step further the 17 is 75' by omitting the exit lanes, HOV lanes, and frontage road. So to just plop a six-lane freeway in that ROW you need an absolute minimum of 75' but likely much more if you included a shoulder/buffer and space for sound walls.

It's not really feasible to put in a limited access freeway as every neighborhood meeting has deduced.
I looked at the assessor maps as well and the Northern Parkway is VERY wide where it has been built so far - something over 450' + off the top of my head.

If you want to have a "conversation" without cursing and anger then why don' t you try NOT coming at me insulting me calling me pedantic and ignoring my original post in which there was NO foul language. Nice try - I don't have any interest in having a back and forth with the likes of you anyhow but I wasn't about to let that go unchecked.

Like I said, you come across very very condescending.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 5:01 PM

Quote:
you come across very very condescending.
I think that's more a product of your ignorance and refusal to accept what's actually happening out there, to be quite honest with you. What I'm telling you is true information and you are calling me condescending because you don't want to accept what's happening with the Northern Parkway. Sorry. Your emotions and reality aren't lining up, here.

You posting curse words to try to reinforce your point doesn't work, either. It just makes you look desperate to be right. If you want to be right so bad you might be better off having these discussions with people who have less knowledge of the situation or actually get involved with the situation so your comments look less like speculation and wishful thinking and more like reality. Notice I stay out of a lot of conversations that happen here? That's because I don't have anything to contribute so I don't make things up to impress people, something that I feel happens a lot on this site. Same thing keeps happening, someone shares incorrect information and doubles down and gets aggravated they aren't king of the skyscraper page or they start guessing and then get upset when someone actually knows. Remember your Arcadia argument?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Good! Let see what happens. Hopefully they will restored on this Friday or so.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 6:26 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Like I said, you come across very very condescending.
Welcome to the club. Pretty much why I ignore his posts now. The fact is, my my original question CLEARLY said I was wondering whether or not if they would need to tear down some housing to make Northern fit. Whether or not if they were to have limited access or frontage roads was completely irrelevant as even at minimum, the current design calls 6 lanes, bike lanes, sidewalks and buffers which would still make Northern very wide. I was pretty much made to feel like I was inferior to his "opinions" about if a limited access freeway through the area was needed or not.

Sorry, Biggus. But insinuating that "I want a limited access freeway so all these people should have to deal with it and their buildings are expendable" is an assassin statement towards me and I said nothing of the sort and do not believe in such a selfish attitude. This just goes to show how much of an pompous ass you are and I have no desire to see anything you ever post on here again. You have been blocked for nearly 2 weeks now and I've only seen your responses from quotes from other forum members which warranted a response on my part.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:20 PM
BANNED

Wow, I was kinda excited to join to learn about Phoenix development and I just see this back-and-forth crap? What a waste of energies.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey68bulldog View Post
Wow, I was kinda excited to join to learn about Phoenix development and I just see this back-and-forth crap? What a waste of energies.
who are you? I haven't seen you around here before?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:42 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
It is definitely a waste, but I do appreciate your Yellow Submarine user name. Don't be too discouraged. We occasionally have productive and informative discussions.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:48 PM
BANNED

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
It is definitely a waste, but I do appreciate your Yellow Submarine user name. Don't be too discouraged. We occasionally have productive and informative discussions.
Glad you recognized the reference! Been a lurker for a while since downtown has exploded. Long time Phoenix resident but originally from New Yawk!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:54 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Long time Phoenix resident but originally from New Yawk!
Me too. I was born there around the time "Hey Bulldog" was recorded, grew up in Westchester, and then moved to Phoenix in 1989 after finishing graduate school.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Maybe we need a mud pit thread...

Back to the topic at hand - the parkway ...

I emailed the project team to see if they have any of the design completed or can shed further light on the project at this phase. If I get anything back I’ll report it here.

I still think this should be limited access highway all the way to SR-51...

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Wow what a welcome for new users to the board. Say "Hello!" and then get banned

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 8:01 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
I still think this should be limited access highway all the way to SR-51...
It's planned to go only as far east as the intersection of Northern / 67th Ave / Grand Ave. Forgive me if you know this already or if it has already been discussed. Some of the details of this discussion may have been lost in the mud pit.

http://apps.mcdot.maricopa.gov/Proje...ual_190111.pdf

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 8:03 PM
BANNED

RE: Northern Ave - Parkway discussion:

Private property acquisition for public use is a relatively common practice. The construction of the LR removed houses on the south side of Camelback and the west side of 19th Ave.

If that stretch around 111th ave is too tight then some properties might have to be purchased at market value.

The only property I can definitely see being in the way is this one at the NEC corner of 108th Dr/Northern:
https://goo.gl/maps/RhddSHr6ww6Gg3K2A

To the west of this house, there is plenty of room for a ROW/parkway go through.
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5507.../data=!3m1!1e3

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0214685226 View Post
RE: Northern Ave - Parkway discussion:

Private property acquisition for public use is a relatively common practice. The construction of the LR removed houses on the south side of Camelback and the west side of 19th Ave.

If that stretch around 111th ave is too tight then some properties might have to be purchased at market value.

The only property I can definitely see being in the way is this one at the NEC corner of 108th Dr/Northern:
https://goo.gl/maps/RhddSHr6ww6Gg3K2A

To the west of this house, there is plenty of room for a ROW/parkway go through.
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5507.../data=!3m1!1e3
You are correct, there is extremely little in the way if the project continues as a bell-road-between-arrowhead-and-sun-city type of road as I've suggested it will be.

Bell road, for example, is roughly 100' wide just west of the 101. That is what people should be expecting to happen with Northern. That's what they've told us will happen. So yes, there's plenty of room for a parkway. There is not plenty of room for limited access and Parc West, the crown jewel of that area, isn't just going to say "okay" and close up to allow for one.

They planned well ahead for this, much like they did for the 202 around South Phoenix. I remember around 1998 or 1999 a subdivision was built north of Broadway and west of 59th Avenue and the neighborhood was split in two with a ROW down the center. 20 years later they put in a freeway and people acted like they were surprised. How one couldn't have seen that coming is unfathomable, but I digress.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I think that's more a product of your ignorance and refusal to accept what's actually happening out there, to be quite honest with you. What I'm telling you is true information and you are calling me condescending because you don't want to accept what's happening with the Northern Parkway. Sorry. Your emotions and reality aren't lining up, here.

You posting curse words to try to reinforce your point doesn't work, either. It just makes you look desperate to be right. If you want to be right so bad you might be better off having these discussions with people who have less knowledge of the situation or actually get involved with the situation so your comments look less like speculation and wishful thinking and more like reality. Notice I stay out of a lot of conversations that happen here? That's because I don't have anything to contribute so I don't make things up to impress people, something that I feel happens a lot on this site. Same thing keeps happening, someone shares incorrect information and doubles down and gets aggravated they aren't king of the skyscraper page or they start guessing and then get upset when someone actually knows. Remember your Arcadia argument?
Yeah - no, - you are condescending by literally engaging with me from your FIRST response by calling me "pedantic"

You are deserving of nothing less than cursing cause you ARE a condescending individual - tell yourself whatever you wish. I'm not the ONLY one here who thinks so.

EDIT - HERE is some useful information - for example, wherein the troll indicated that Park West was some sort of impassable hindrance - THIS site shows EVERYTHING we are asking - for example; any idiot with two functioning eyeballs could see there is a giant empty ass field to the south of the Park West shopping center. They do not yet appear to have addressed how this will pass by the aged Country Meadows subdivisions where the troll claims real estate - specifically from Agua Fria to 99th Avenue - otherwise this thing is planned and ready to go as follows.

Northern Parkway @ 99th Ave to 91st Ave.
http://apps.mcdot.maricopa.gov/Proje...ard_190111.pdf

Northern Parkway Interchange with Loop 101
http://apps.mcdot.maricopa.gov/Proje...te%20small.pdf

Northern Parkway intersections @ 83rd and 75th Avenues -
http://apps.mcdot.maricopa.gov/Proje...ard_190111.pdf

Northern Parkway from 91st to 75th Ave - roadway proposal

Northern Parkway intersection with Grand Avenue

Last edited by KEVINphx; Aug 13, 2020 at 1:16 AM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Wow what a welcome for new users to the board. Say "Hello!" and then get banned
Yes, he did. They banned him from the forums. He is very nasty things on this forums. Completely unacceptable!

Quote:
It's planned to go only as far east as the intersection of Northern / 67th Ave / Grand Ave. Forgive me if you know this already or if it has already been discussed. Some of the details of this discussion may have been lost in the mud pit.

Very interesting! I haven't heard anything in a long time. When it did start? I thought they already start construction.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 12:19 AM

Great news everybody!!

Tempe train bridge is back open again. The train is moving again. 2 weeks after derailment, bridge collapse, fire.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/train-...3TKkbE_a78V8VI

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 2:53 AM
Skyriser

I banned him because I’ve banned him four times now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest