HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 28, 2013, 12:06 PM
Oak City

RALEIGH_DURHAM | Projects & Development

This thread will contain updates of development news for the Triangle area of NC. I also regularly update the Charlotte construction thread located here.

Raleigh:

23 floor Skyhouse apartments

This will be the same design as the Skyhouse apartments under construction in Atlanta and planned for several other cities too.

This rendering shows the location of Skyhouse in downtown Raleigh, directly across from Moore Square park:

Source

The Edison

In the last rendering above you see a greenish building to the left of Skyhouse. That will be the site of The Edison office building. Plans have come and gone but the latest rendering is this:

Source

This 13 floor building would bring 225,000 sq. ft. of office space to downtown.

In addition, there is residential phase that is part of the Edison too:

Source

Charter Square

The Charter Square site had completed site prep and I believe foundations had been poured before work halted due to the recession. Now they are ready to proceed with completing an 11 floor building:

Source

This is a photo I took Dec. 2006 of the site (on the right) with a crane still in place before work was halted:

This building would also add 225,000 sq. ft. of office space downtown. The market is probably there for 225,000 but not 450,000. Most likely we could see either The Edison or Charter Square begin going up this year but maybe not both. I think we will see a bit of competition to see who can sign tenants before the shovels move. We'll see.

New 11 floor convention center hotel

Raleigh has been bidding for a new hotel adjacent to the convention center to be built on a empty city-owned lot. The proposal is for an 11 story hotel currently branded as a Residence Inn:

Source

Union Station

Headed to design phase is Raleigh's Union Station. To be located near the current Amtrak station, Union station will be the central stop for Raleigh's proposed commuter rail and light rail lines.

Source

Clarion Hotel renovations

The Clarion hotel has been bought and renovations are planned by the new owners who will re-brand the hotel as a Holiday Inn. It was originally a Holiday Inn when it was first built.

Photo by me.

227 Fayetteville renovations

This building is having major renovations done. How it looked this past year (the building in the foreground)

Photo by me.

How it will look after renovations:

Source

I'll add more to this list later.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations