HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 7:30 PM
Bring out the cranes...

A dream come true. ( a tear rolling down my face. )
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 7:45 PM

Draper will be the first of 6-10 in Northern Utah.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 8:08 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

YAY Finally Draper has the final piece it needs in its quest of becoming Anywhere USA!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 9:17 PM
Chairman

Catchy name.

-sb

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 12:52 AM
The World Is Welcome Here

And... What is so special about these burgers? I'd never heard of it until I found out we were getting one in Draper...

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 3:13 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that In n Out is incredibly over rated? In n Out can't hold a candle to Hires.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 3:16 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that In n Out is incredibly over rated? In n Out can't hold a candle to Hires.
I couldn't agree more. Hires and others have just as good of food if not better but everyone is all giddy that we now have something that SoCal and Vegas have. I've eaten at the one in Vegas and the food was decent but I agree with the fact that it's simply over hyped, nearly everyone's heard of it so everyone thinks it's so awesome. I'll eat at Hires, Miley's and IceBerg many many times again before I venture into In n out.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 3:30 AM

I also think that In-and-Out is not only over-rated, but completely stupid. The food is not good, and the service is worse. My first In-and-Out experience was in Vegas (which granted is a very busy one). I was literally shoved up the line until I arrived at the register, and had a good 20 seconds to read the menu and place my order, after which I shoved out of the way. I got my food, went and sat down, when my friend promplty spilled his drink. Our food was fine, but we both took a few steps away to get some extra napkins. Upon returning, we found our place cleaned, our meals cleared, and someone else eating in our place. Congrats Draper.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 5:37 AM

In n Out is just a tasty burger. That's all I know. I can understand that people don't like it because, hey, people are different.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 5:45 AM

IMO the best burgers in the state are at ACME Burgers downtown. If you've never been you should go, they have a full bar also AMAZING fries and onion rings.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 5:50 AM
BANNED

Agreed! Although they might seem a little pricey for the average joe, but they sure are good and gourmet! You can even get a lamb-burger, or the best tasting veggie-burger I have ever had! It rivals any hamburger! Very tasty shoe-string fries too!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfreakingrules View Post
IMO the best burgers in the state are at ACME Burgers downtown. If you've never been you should go, they have a full bar also AMAZING fries and onion rings.
Thanks for the tip Nick, I'll have to try that one out. Until then... my favorite is still the Hickory Bacon at Training Table, with an order of cheese fries and a lemonade. Yummmm... and about an additional five lbs. on the waist.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 1:38 PM

Neighbors tear apart Treasure
- Huge crowd tells developer the project does not fit

http://www.parkrecord.com/newsupdates/ci_11687561

Critics of the Sweeney family's blueprints for Treasure dominated a packed Park City Planning Commission meeting Wednesday night, condemning the idea as they insisted nearby streets cannot handle more traffic...

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 4:22 PM

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

IN-N-OUT!!!

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

first of all, i just love hamburgers. lol. my favorite burger is still probably a bacon cheeseburger, add avocado from B&D Burgers on 1300 East right up by the U. That place is awesome!! But its not quite fast enough to be fast food, and my favorite fast food burger is definitely In-N-Out. They just have such a distinct taste and you definitely know when your eating one. I love them.

Acme burger is really good for a sit-down burger place, but I like Delux Burger over in Arizona even more for that kind of place. Mmmmmmmmmm Deluxxxxx.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 5:06 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I was watching the news and now they are saying that In-N-Out could open by late summer of this year. I'll be there opening day.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 5:22 PM
Wen Lambo

I am still impressed with EZ Take out in Orem. Very inexpensive < $6 for a combo and very much like In-n-Out (except I think it has better french fries.)

I'm sure one of the In-n-Out locations will be in Provo/Orem so Ill probably have to split time

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 6:02 PM
West bench livin'

There are soooo many great burger joints in the SLC area, many of which have been featured recently on Food Network, most notably Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. There's no competition when it comes to their burgers. However, for a quick burger that brings the taste and flair of great mom-and-pop places with the quickness of fast food, In-n-Out is not a bad burger. Knowing that it's going to be just down the road from my soon-to-be residence just adds one more incentive for my kids to be happy about the move from Kaliifornia.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfreakingrules View Post
Who wants to eat a burger from a place with a name that makes them think of acne? lol Sorry, that's just the first thing that popped into my head when I heard the name Seriously though, I have heard that they have great burgers!

As far as fast food goes (which doesn't go very far in my diet), In and Out does have pretty good burgers. Thinking back, I hardly remember the taste of the burgers, but I distinctly remember that of the tomatoes. I remember taking my first bite of an In and Out burger and sinking my teeth into a fat, juicy tomato that was rippened to perfection.

I remember tasting nothing but that freakishly delicious tomato with the occasional crunch of some pretty fine lettace. The burger tasted more home-grilled than any other fast food chain I have tried to date - though I have had better at sit-down resteraunts. I am a tomato lover and judge burgers soley on the quality of the tomato. I must say that McD's doesn't rank too high on my list If I could have it my way, I would eat a tomato with a thin slice of burger between two seasame buns You think I'm joking? No, I'm serious.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Neighbors tear apart Treasure
- Huge crowd tells developer the project does not fit

http://www.parkrecord.com/newsupdates/ci_11687561

Critics of the Sweeney family's blueprints for Treasure dominated a packed Park City Planning Commission meeting Wednesday night, condemning the idea as they insisted nearby streets cannot handle more traffic...

Despite its large scale, I actualy hope they are able to build this development, but at a toned down scale to not overwhelm & crowd main street.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 8:28 PM

more sprawl development!

$70 million apartment complex to be built in Herriman.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1

http://www.millwoodmgt.com/Farmgate/images/A000.pdf

It looks nice, but why densify way out there?! This is just another example of bad sprawl development. I brings more people way out of the way from more used infrastructure and transportation.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West