HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Nov 7, 2021, 4:25 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's post COVID trip to VANCOUVER

I had a full day in Vancouver on my long transpacific journey from Hong Kong to Toronto. With bad weather, I tried to make the most of it by walking in a forest canopy.

North Vancouver has 2 canyons with a suspension bridge for tourists to explore. While the tourist literature boasts about the expensive Capilano option, Lynn Canyon is free and easily accessible by bus and a short walk. So if you don't mind a shorter bridge but still plenty of forest hikes, head to this free park.

Wet and a bit grumpy, I headed back to downtown to find streets of unmasked shoppers. While people would typically wear a mask indoors, somehow they think a crowded street is safe even though COVID can spread by air. I headed to a more off-the-beaten track indoor attraction to warm up and dry off.

The Roeddes arrived in Vancouver in 1888 and by 1893, their bookbinding business was successful enough for them to build a house in the West End. After the family sold it in 1924, it deteriorated into a rooming house that by the mid-1970s, was slated for demolition. A preservation movement stepped in, and today this house has been restored and turned into a museum, a hidden gem surrounded by a built-up residential neighbourhood.

More of Vancouver on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/vancouver.htm

Old Posted Nov 7, 2021, 4:49 AM

Nice pictures so far!

Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 7:46 AM

Very nice detail shots of the interior of a very nicely-detailed historic attraction!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos