The Harper in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 11:36 PM

Per mcgrath618 post, here's additional information from the zoning permit from
May 12th:

Quote:
FOR USE AS MULTI-FAMILY HOUSEHOLD LIVING (TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN (215) DWELLING UNITS) WITH SIXTY-FIVE
(65) OFF-SITE PARKING SPACES
LOCATED AT 112 S. 19TH ST. (DOCUMENTED UNDER PERMIT ZP-2020-009392), SEVENTYSIX (67) BICYCLE PARKING SPACES, AND TWO (2) LOADING SPACES; VACANT COMMERCIAL SPACES ON PORTIONS OF 1ST,
2ND, AND 3RD FLOORS
This is up from the original CDR package from September 2020 where residential was 183 apartments in 257,694 sf (includes existing and new) and proposed # of parking units was 55 parking spaces. Not sure how many bike spaces were allotted.

Last edited by kool-ski; Jun 10, 2021 at 11:38 PM. Reason: I typed in the wrong month

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool-ski View Post
Per mcgrath618 post, here's additional information from the zoning permit from
May 12th:

This is up from the original CDR package from September 2020 where residential was 183 apartments in 257,694 sf (includes existing and new) and proposed # of parking units was 55 parking spaces. Not sure how many bike spaces were allotted.
This was definitely heightened then

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 2:52 AM

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 11:44 AM

doing some quick math, based on the new number of units, it looks as though they would have had to add about another 8 stories, which equals 57 floors, which equals 660' in height. it all adds up.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 11:54 AM

That would be great! This will make a big impact.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 12:57 PM

I imagine Philly developers, the big ones, sort of hang at the same locations, run into each other all the time. Southern Land has got to be like, "Really?! You're now building the "tallest all residential" building in the city before we even top ours out (to be briefly the tallest), and it is literally 50 feet away!, blocking some of our Center City views!"

Competition...

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 1:24 PM

I was skeptical of this whole discussion thread on the additional height of this proposal. These permitting documents can be so sloppy with typos and errors. But maybe this time you are all on to something . . .

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 4:46 PM

From what I can see the May 12th permit is the first where parking is included, is that right? I'm disappointed but in general as long as its underground, not the worst thing that could happen. But I'm concerned where the entrance for the parking will be; The loading dock, which was 2 bays wide, is at the back of the property on the Sansom St. side and even if they were able to add another entrance on Sansom, that would make for a very long curb cut and could change the character of such a small street.

The design shows the main tower being highlighted in three story cubes, so if they have added addition units and floors, I hope its done in the same format.

Has any one else noticed that there has been nothing on the tower proposal for 19th and Chestnut that was first announced last Dec? I Guess it can be added to the 'what happened to these plans' file.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post

Has any one else noticed that there has been nothing on the tower proposal for 19th and Chestnut that was first announced last Dec? I Guess it can be added to the 'what happened to these plans' file.
The overbuild proposal for the CVS was semi-leaked to us. It hasn’t even been through CDR yet. Give it time

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 7:59 AM

Some more tidbits I overlooked within the amended permit including additional commercial space and the increased GFA that should help with the height calculation (however that's done ):

ZONING PLAN (L&I PERMIT PRE-REQUISITE)

Dwelling Units (Each): 215 vs. 183

Building GFA (Square Feet): 353,226 vs.257,694

Commercial Area (Square Feet): 30,180 vs. 20,201

Property Frontage (Linear Feet): 300

CDR Required (PCC 14-304(5)): Yes

Last edited by kool-ski; Jun 18, 2021 at 8:14 AM. Reason: I left additional pertinent information

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 8:40 AM

And I wonder if there will be a design change like setback(s), the additional floors would probably be made up of penthouses, maybe by having higher floor to ceiling ratios. Just sayin'

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Some more tidbits I overlooked within the amended permit including additional commercial space and the increased GFA that should help with the height calculation (however that's done ):

Does this imply that it’s going back through CDR?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
That was something that caught my eye as I was scrolling through the link. I don't know if that's just a carryover from the original process or not. I hope not but decided to include it here so it won't catch anybody off-guard.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I'm not certain, but since the size of the addition is large enough to have to go in front of CDR on a standalone basis, I would imagine that it would indeed need to go again.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 8:26 PM

Well, if that's the case, hopefully it's in next month's CDR meeting(s).

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 9:04 PM
Philly Pholly

I'm giddy!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 2:13 AM

Quote:

whelp, based on nothing but this info and the originally posted info, here is what I calculate, assuming the same floor area and floor to floor height:
original: 257,694 sf / 49 floors = 5,259 sf per floor
current: 353,226 sf / 5,259 sf per floor = 67 floors
original: 567 feet / 49 floors = 11.6 feet floor to floor
current: 67 floors x 11.6 = 777 feet high
I don't know if those are valid assumptions, but if they are, this is pretty significant.
what I can't quite square is that there are only 32 additional units, over 18 additional floors. they must have changed the unit sizes, or added a new unit type.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 2:31 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
whelp, based on nothing but this info and the originally posted info, here is what I calculate, assuming the same floor area and floor to floor height:
original: 257,694 sf / 49 floors = 5,259 sf per floor
current: 353,226 sf / 5,259 sf per floor = 67 floors
original: 567 feet / 49 floors = 11.6 feet floor to floor
current: 67 floors x 11.6 = 777 feet high
I don't know if those are valid assumptions, but if they are, this is pretty significant.
what I can't quite square is that there are only 32 additional units, over 18 additional floors. they must have changed the unit sizes, or added a new unit type.
Whoa, hold the bus! I thought it went from 49 to 57 stories (NOT 67). Or at least the top roof deck is at the 57th.

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=326139931

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Whoa, hold the bus! I thought it went from 49 to 57 stories (NOT 67). Or at least the top roof deck is at the 57th.

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=326139931
I don't think the number of stories has been confirmed. We just know where the roof deck will be, but that doesn't necessarily have to be on the top floor, we already know the other roof deck won't be on the top floor.

I do know though that based on all the information in this thread, thoughtcriminal's calculations are correct. Look back in this thread to the April permit. This building was at one point 257,694 sf and 49 floors tall. A current square footage of 353,226 does indeed imply 67 floors if the square footage per floor remained consistent.

I heard there's now an underground garage that's been added, how many floors deep does that go? is that counted toward square footage? Maybe that accounts for some of the discrepancy?

At this point I don't think there's any certainty regarding the height of this building or how many floors it will be. But if the new square footage numbers are accurate, I do think a floor count of 67 floors and 750+ feet is the best current guess. Excited to find out, but either way, this should be a great addition if we get it at either height.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post

I heard there's now an underground garage that's been added, how many floors deep does that go? is that counted toward square footage? Maybe that accounts for some of the discrepancy?

At this point I don't think there's any certainty regarding the height of this building or how many floors it will be. But if the new square footage numbers are accurate, I do think a floor count of 67 floors and 750+ feet is the best current guess. Excited to find out, but either way, this should be a great addition if we get it at either height.
underground garages do not typically count towards square footage.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals