HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 4:13 PM

Solís Hotel planned near Porsche HQ

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...orsche-hq.html

Quote:
Capella Hotel Group will develop a 214-room Solís Hotel next to the Porsche Experience Center.
The five-star luxury hotel will open in 2017 at Two Porsche Drive and be the first new hotel on the east side of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport since the opening of the new International Terminal.

It will be designed by the award-winning HOK Architects firm, which also designed Porsche Cars North America Inc.’s Atlanta headquarters.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 12:16 PM

Massive project could ‘urbanize’ Perimeter Center

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...er-center.html

Quote:
One of Atlanta’s most veteran real estate developers hopes to crown the north Perimeter with nearly 15 acres of high-rise office and residential towers that could be a model for “new urbanism.”
Aerial before

and after

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 2:57 PM
Development Spectator

This tract of land has been marketed for a while (they tried to get M-B). I wonder why they're coming out with this now? Seems like a blatant reaction to the 1117 Perimeter Center Proposal.

There are at least 5 large scale proposals on the drawing board in this area with towers planned:
1) Dunwoody Crown Towers ,
2) 1117 Perimeter Center
3) High Street,
4) Northpark 100
5) Abernathy 400

I foresee many of these developments doing a Phase I with a scaled down first tower/building and master plans not being realized for decades. But, it doesn't hurt to dream and try to reel in a big one.

Incidentally, this Crown Towers plan fits in nicely with this proposal: http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...0-million.html

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 3:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by daharris80 View Post
This tract of land has been marketed for a while (they tried to get M-B). I wonder why they're coming out with this now? Seems like a blatant reaction to the 1117 Perimeter Center Proposal.

There are at least 5 large scale proposals on the drawing board in this area with towers planned:
1) Dunwoody Crown Towers ,
2) 1117 Perimeter Center
3) High Street,
4) Northpark 100
5) Abernathy 400

I foresee many of these developments doing a Phase I with a scaled down first tower/building and master plans not being realized for decades. But, it doesn't hurt to dream and try to reel in a big one.

Incidentally, this Crown Towers plan fits in nicely with this proposal: http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...0-million.html
I think I know why - Marriott, who just announced a merger with Starwood, is seriously considering Atlanta as a possible site for a massive corporate relocation (potentially 3,000+ employees). I believe all of these Sandy Springs/Dunwoody developers know their sites are in play and are trying to get the zoning required to close the deal. This is just a rumor, but several people are discussing it behind closed doors.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 3:33 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I think I know why - Marriott, who just announced a merger with Starwood, is seriously considering Atlanta as a possible site for a massive corporate relocation (potentially 3,000+ employees). I believe all of these Sandy Springs/Dunwoody developers know their sites are in play and are trying to get the zoning required to close the deal. This is just a rumor, but several people are discussing it behind closed doors.
And just like that Perimeter Summit announces they're going Speck with 4004 - http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...-on-north.html

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
imo, this has been the most impressive and well-designed plan yet, by far.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2016, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
imo, this has been the most impressive and well-designed plan yet, by far.
It looks great, and whenever that strip mall to the north is redeveloped (probably a long time from now, but still) that "private drive" will probably become a proper street. Those super blocks are slowly becoming a grid. I'm telling you guys, that part of Perimeter is going places... good bones and the will to do something with them. It may have super blocks, they're arranged in a grid, which means private developments like this and Perimeter Place (where Target is) can eventually fill them in with streets.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2016, 5:17 PM

Horse racing backers unveil plan for huge metro Atlanta project

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...e-project.html

Quote:
A group of Georgia horse racing enthusiasts has hired Kansas City, Mo.-based Populous, architects of the new Braves stadium, to design a racetrack that would serve as the focal point for a huge new metro Atlanta mixed-use development.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 5:42 AM
Fourth and Main

A drive from Sandy Springs (where I work) to Cumming (the closest snow/sleet):

State Farm at Park Center: 1-20-2016
The cranes are visible from I-285 and 400. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a good photograph of it. You can see construction through the trees.

Credit: Me

Maybe, if the weather isn't too bad, I'll attempt a better photograph, from the intersection where it is under construction, this weekend or next.

Northside Forsyth Expansion: 1-20-2016
We wanted to look for snow. It rained at work (no snow) and there wasn't any sign of snow at the house, but neighboring Forsyth County did have a little sleet or snow on some rooftops. Not much, but we didn't go any further northeast. I thought this photograph would look nice, but it is extremely blurry. I don't go to the lake much, during the winter. So, this is the first time I was able to take a photograph of this construction project. They have made a large amount of progress, since I last reported on this. It's now possibly topped-out and I see cladding. Though it's in a low elevation area, this building is very close to 400 and is clearly visible, along with the crane.

The city of Cumming now has an 8 or 9 storey building: (9-storeys with stair tower)

Old Posted Feb 12, 2016, 4:35 PM

$300M project proposed in Henry County

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...ry-county.html

Quote:
A $300 million mixed-use project is planned along Interstate 75 in Henry County, a potential boon for an area south of Atlanta’s airport that’s been mostly overlooked by developers.

The 160-acre development would include 500,000 square feet of retail, 600 residential units, two hotels and a 30-acre park.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 5:13 AM
Fourth and Main

I was in the area and the sun was out, so why not try again. Still blurry.

Northside Forsyth Expansion:

The parking deck at Avalon, in Alpharetta, is huge. I should try to photograph that, sometime. I noticed additional equipment, which could be there for a new 10-storey Microsoft Building?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 12:06 PM

$90 million expansion planned for Concourse

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...concourse.html

Quote:
An office development known for its two iconic towers standing over the Atlanta Perimeter is getting a $90 million expansion — its largest addition in 25 years. Stamford, Conn.-based Building and Land Technology (BLT) and Atlanta-based Regent Partners are planning a five-acre, mixed-use project at Concourse Corporate Center in Sandy Springs. The 63-acre complex is best known for its landmark “King” and “Queen” towers.

The development would include a 125-room boutique hotel, 270-unit residential development and 24,500 square feet of retail space.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 5:00 PM

Air Realty plans new food hall near College Park MARTA station

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...lege-park.html

A trendy new dining experience could come to College Park. Air Realty LLC is planning a 17,000-square-foot food hall as part of its The Pad on Harvard project.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 4:36 PM

Emory acquires 60 acres at North Druid Hills and I-85

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 6:17 PM
Development Spectator

Rendering of the Hawks practice facility to be built at the property purchased by Emory at Executive Park:

Source

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 6:23 PM
Development Spectator

I thought the triangle design on the exterior of the Hawks practice facility looked familiar. Looks to be an attempt to mimic the pattern on their uniforms:

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daharris80 View Post
Rendering of the Hawks practice facility to be built at the property purchased by Emory at Executive Park:

Source
That's interesting. This seems to be trend for training facilities to partner with healthcare organizations. I suppose it enhances the Emory brand.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 8:10 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
That's interesting. This seems to be trend for training facilities to partner with healthcare organizations. I suppose it enhances the Emory brand.
This seems to be a little more than just a marketing partnership. Emory's entire sports medicine group will be located at the building. But there is no doubt that several hospitals across the county have bought into marketing by affiliation model with these training facilities and this deal has that component as well.

This facility is only part of the 60 acre land that Emory purchased at Executive Drive. I suspect they'll be working on a larger master plan with other groups locating to the area and possibility building some form of a hospital or surgical center.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 1:01 AM
Fourth and Main

Executive Park:
I made a trip to this area, a few days ago, and there wasn't much to report. The main entrance sign actually has Emory on it. Speaking of signs, I could see signs posted on Executive Park Drive by the City of Brookhaven and I found the 310-unit apartment development, under construction.

Much of what is there appears to be 30-45 years old. It's good to see some new construction and frequent bus service.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2016, 3:52 AM
Fourth and Main

A tower crane is rising at Avalon, right now! I'm guessing it's the 10-storey Microsoft Building?

I know the Towers at Northwinds was to have the first high-rise in the area, but it appears as if Avalon (Hines) will win the effort to build that first high-rise. Over the winter, a beautiful grand entrance was constructed at Haynes Bridge Road and 400 (directly in front of the ramps, as you wait at the traffic light), complete with a few streetlights, but it's just a short road to nothing. Work stopped and hasn't restarted. I can tell that development will be nice.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta