HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 12:48 AM

Revel Put on ‘Pause’ as North American Properties Leaves Project

https://whatnowatlanta.com/revel-put...eaves-project/
Quote:
The Gwinnett County Convention and Visitors Bureau announced Tuesday that it is pausing the proposed Revel mixed-use development on the campus of the Infinite Energy Center to reevaluate aspects of the project and select a new development partner.

Revel was being developed in partnership with North American Properties, the real estate firm currently overhauling Colony Square, but both sides agreed to part ways as NAP refocuses its efforts on other areas of its business.

The proposed development was slated to be located next to the Infinite Energy Center in Duluth and was set to add 300,000 square feet of retail space, 865,000 square feet of office space and 900 apartments to the 118-acre campus.

"This has been a very difficult decision for NAP; however, our strategic realignment requires we deploy our resources in different ways as we create community with the repositioning of existing mixed-use destinations rather than new ground-up retail development.”
NAP has also exited the High Street project in Dunwoody.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Dec 4, 2019 at 1:22 AM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 3:50 AM
Fourth and Main

I noticed the project behind Mall of Georgia appears to be moving forward. The construction fence describes an apartment building.

The large apartment building in downtown Sugar Hill is now topped-out. That area is beautiful, at night, during Christmas. I just drove past it on Highway 20, on the way to 400, and didn't actually go to the downtown.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 7:16 PM

State Farm campus/ Perimeter construction

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 12:38 AM

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 9:06 PM

Twelve24 Perimeter Office

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 10:23 PM

Wow, they really squeezed that hotel in there. I was wondering how that would work.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 2:34 AM

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...FoFznM.twitter

Last time I drove by, it looked like the framing was almost done.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 2:05 AM

$100 million in new projects at Assembly

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-continue.html

Quote:
Dallas-based StreetLights Residential, which has been expanding its apartment development pipeline in metro Atlanta, plans an $82 million project with 295 units at the massive redevelopment.

Paces Properties, the developer of intown trophy mixed-use projects such as Krog Street Market, will develop a $16 million Alamo Drafthouse, a cinema chain that started in the Austin warehouse district.

On Monday, both new projects received approval to receive tax breaks for the next 30 years. The projects will be looped into the existing tax abatement program for the entire Assembly redevelopment. The program was approved in 2016.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:01 AM

“On Monday, both new projects received approval to receive tax breaks for the next 30 years.”

30 years seems like a long time for a tax break/abatement.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
“On Monday, both new projects received approval to receive tax breaks for the next 30 years.”

30 years seems like a long time for a tax break/abatement.
Per the article, its incorporated into the tax breaks for the entire Assembly development.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 1:28 PM

The CDC campus on Buford Highway (in Chamblee) announced a new office building to hold 1600 people, all consolidated from leased office space around the metro. Unclear how tall it will be, but the existing office buildings are 8-10 stories. Construction starting in 2021.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 8:23 PM

Pinewood Atlanta Studios plans new creative center

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...source=twitter

Quote:
Pinewood Atlanta Studios announced plans Thursday to build a creative office center scheduled to open in spring 2022.

The first phase of the project will see the construction of a four-story creative center, designed to house content and technology companies and provide a collaborative space for filmmakers, writers and production teams.

"This is a growth opportunity for us," president and CEO of Pinewood Atlanta Studios Frank Patterson told Atlanta Business Chronicle. "It's delivering on our promise to open up our facilities to the next generation of creators and technologists."

Designed by architectural firm Gensler, the expansion will offer more than 220,000 square feet of space. Patterson said Gensler along with his team spent nearly three years researching with industry partners to create the kinds of production workshops and sound stages they want to build, which will be more functional and better equipped to integrate with technology.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 8:58 PM

Wow talk about gorgina!

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 4:37 AM
Fourth and Main

I revisited the area behind Mall of Georgia on Tuesday afternoon. Several projects appear to be underway and an apartment building fronting the road appeared to be topped-out. They also had renderings up, but I couldn't stop to study them. I was just driving around the construction to see the progress and didn't stop to look at it.

I noticed something was under construction near the Gwinnett ballpark. It was easy to see from 20, entering Lawrenceville.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I revisited the area behind Mall of Georgia on Tuesday afternoon. Several projects appear to be underway and an apartment building fronting the road appeared to be topped-out. They also had renderings up, but I couldn't stop to study them. I was just driving around the construction to see the progress and didn't stop to look at it.

I noticed something was under construction near the Gwinnett ballpark. It was easy to see from 20, entering Lawrenceville.

speaking of lawrenceville, i've been helping my inlaws move from there to dacula, and man, i can't believe the level of urbanization going on in downtown lawrenceville. it's like a new city being built up there.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
speaking of lawrenceville, i've been helping my inlaws move from there to dacula, and man, i can't believe the level of urbanization going on in downtown lawrenceville. it's like a new city being built up there.
Good! Atlanta needs more strong towns for development to build around in the metro area. Frankly won’t take long to surpass the density of many other downtowns in the metro.

Old Posted May 16, 2020, 5:02 AM
Fourth and Main

There are several pockets of impressive development around Highway 20 in Gwinnett. Interestingly, there aren't any big impressive developments between the river and 400? Highway 20, south of downtown Sugar Hill, is almost like an off-road adventure, avoiding potholes. Even the recently repaved sections already have potholes. You can see the heavy pumper trucks, trucks hauling grading equipment, and concrete trucks along that stretch of 20. I've also seen trucks loaded with roofing trusses on 20. I heard a recent report that said metro Atlanta is "currently" one of the top three hottest housing markets in the nation, right now. Yes, in this recession!

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 3:31 PM

Yet another project in Chamblee

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-proposed.html
Quote:
Atlanta-based Stein Investment Group and luxury apartment company Atlantic Residential are proposing 320 residential units and approximately 5,400 square feet of restaurant/commercial space on 3.4 acres at the corner of American Industrial Way, Chamblee Dunwoody Way and Chamblee Dunwoody Road, according to plans filed with the city.

The project would be constructed on an assemblage of nine properties that now holds a variety of older buildings "that will benefit from redevelopment to be a positive contribution to the changing landscape of Chamblee," the developers told Chamblee planners.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 8:56 PM

New condo development proposed in East Point

Quote:
A new condominium development proposed to be built near the East Point MARTA station is “unprecedented” for the city and could be a catalyst for similar developments in the area. But the mayor and City Council are concerned the project does not include affordable housing as they search for ways to control coming gentrification.

Developer James Nolan wants to build a 48-unit condominium project on about one acre at the corner of Martin Street and Norman Berry Avenue. The project would include two buildings with 24 condos in each. A small public green space would be part of the development. The units would sell for up to $285,000, Nolan recently told the City Council. The property at 2676, 2684 and 2688 Martin St. and 1496 Norman Berry Drive currently has vacant, small single-family homes on it. Across the street is a warehouse storage building. The property is adjacent to a townhouse development on Martin Street.

The property is less than a half-mile from the East Point MARTA station, but is included in the city’s Redevelopment Neighborhood that only allows four to eight units per acre. City planners say the project’s proximity to the MARTA station qualifies the proposed project as a “town center area” transit-oriented development under MARTA guidelines. Those guidelines allow for 15 to 75 units per acre.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/..._news_headline

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 1:28 PM

Mill Creek to start construciton on downtown Decatur project

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...t-project.html

Quote:
Mill Creek Residential is starting a 194-unit mid-rise apartment
project in downtown Decatur, another sign multifamily developments in walkable areas near amenities continue to obtain construction financing.

Mill Creek got a $57 million construction loan from Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc., according to Databank Inc., an Atlanta firm that reports real estate transactions.

Mill Creek bought the 2-acre site at 163 Clairemont Avenue in July. It expects to finish the project by fall 2022.

The developer has been planning the 6-story project, which is calls Modera Decatur, for more than a year at the corner of Commerce Drive, near the city’s MARTA station. The site was owned by Pope & Land Real Estate and contained a Bank of America building that is being relocated.

Cooper Carry is the architect.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta