HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Feb 12, 2013, 12:54 AM

Youth Summit on Sustainable Transit-Calgary May 2013

The 2013 Western Canada Leading the Way Youth Summit on Sustainable Urban Transportation is a regional event is modeled after previous CUTA national and regional youth summit gatherings. The aim of the event is to provide youth with a keen interest in public transit and sustainable transportation the opportunity to gather to learn, share ideas, discuss issues, network and explore career paths. Participation is open to youth 18 – 28 years of age who are residents of BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon and the Northwest Territories. Delegates are selected by a merit based application process. This is a cost neutral event where we cover the travel, accommodation and food costs for all the 65 youth delegates so that financial cost is not a barrier in attending this event.

Promotion of the event will start at the end of January and will be focused on delegate solicitation.

All event information, as well as the on-line delegate application can be found on the event website:

www.LeadingtheWayYouthSummit.com.

Application deadline is February 25, 2013.

We have also created a YouTube clip promoting the youth summit:

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=kO0Rj7dK-4s

Old Posted Feb 12, 2013, 5:50 PM

Please surprise me and tell me that the conference will address expense and how they would intend to realistically pay for their pipe dreams?

Old Posted Feb 14, 2013, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Please surprise me and tell me that the conference will address expense and how they would intend to realistically pay for their pipe dreams?
jeez what a grouch!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2013, 7:00 PM

I just tire of pipe dreams sans economics being considered somehow especially deserving of attention just because a "youth panel" came up with it.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
I just tire of pipe dreams sans economics being considered somehow especially deserving of attention just because a "youth panel" came up with it.

did you even look at the program?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 5:05 AM
ARTchitecture

Excellent idea! Maybe I should apply

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure