HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 12:30 AM
roma volo

ive driven without a liscense (cause im only 16 with a permit) in some cities. boston drives are good drivers to me. they make the scariest and craziest moves yet are still under control. they also seem a little rude. miami is a hell hole when it comes to driving. i have recieved alot of verbal mix ups on those streets. intown atlantans seem to be very nice, i guess it is outside this areas you get nasty. maine has the nicest drivers in the world, which makes sense because most the people i know there are so laid back and really don't give a shit. washington d.c was pretty decent also. new jersey was a bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago103
Suburban minded people have alot more to be angry at when they are in the city, they are not used to sharing the road with cyclists and pedestrians and get pissed at them. Driving and parking isnt as easy as in the burbs and alot of the rude drivers downtown sans taxi drivers are probably people with an entitlement complex, the road belongs to them and having to share it with the rest of society makes them angry.
everybody in my family from east atlanta suburbs come 'in' frequently to visit me and hate city driving. they hate being laid back and everybody else in a rush. they hate the lack of space for bicyclists on some of atlanta's roads. they hate the constant traffic, rude drivers, and pedestrians that cross where they shouldn't. besides that they are really good with stopping for people or letting people out and so on.

Last edited by alleystreetindustry; May 17, 2007 at 12:35 AM.

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 2:03 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Quote:
8. Sacramento, Calif.
Bah!!! We don't need that damned superfluous suffix!!! (I feel for Portland and Tampa as well.)

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 3:08 AM

Around Boston the aggressiveness comes from the bizarre street system - if you aren't pushy you'll never get anywhere. There seems to be official tolerance for highly aggressive driving.

I remember taking my driving test in Suburban Boston and for the driving part of it I got out of the Registry (DMV in other places) parking lot the way I'd been taught by my folks - namely peeling out slighly before the light turned green so I could cut off the three lanes of traffic coming off I-93 and make the left. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts still gave me a license.

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 3:59 AM

I completely do not believe this. Miami is the "most rude"? How would you even measure that?

I can say that I'm completely doing my part as an asshole driver who honks at people not driving fast enough to keep Detroit rude.

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 4:11 AM

I absolutely think that Chicago should be way ahead of Los Angeles as far as rude drivers.

Also, some Southeast Michigan Drivers are pretty rude and super aggressive, especially around Dearborn.

And everyone I've talked to puts Boston up there as the worst.

It's just not a good environment when bad drivers encourage other drivers to make illegal moves to benefit themselves. ie honking someone to move forward in a blocked intersection so that the chances you will make it through the next green light are increased.

Old Posted May 19, 2007, 1:25 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
It is pretty bad down here.
Ever driven anywhere in the Carribean or Latin America? It's 10 times worse down there and that's where most of our drivers learned.
In the years I was down visiting my parents in Boca, the one thing that always stood out with the drivers of South Florida is that many of them must not know that cars come equipped with turn signals. Driving on 95 can be interesting as cars just change lanes without warning right in front of you.....

Old Posted May 19, 2007, 4:24 PM
Uptown Bound

The drivers in the Pacific Northwest are among the calmest and unaggressive I've ever seen. I definitely agree with this list for the most part, as whenever I see a Florida dude on the road he usually blows by me. The Atlanta Perimeter can be scary at times. Of course NY, Boston, LA, and Chicago are up there. Charlotte's actually getting pretty aggressive, at least compared to the way it was 15 years ago - probably because half our city is filled with New Yorkers or New Jerseyites. I think it's rubbing off on the native population - well, at least me.

Old Posted May 21, 2007, 3:47 PM
Pay it Forward

Miami isnt that bad and neither is any other US City. At least that's my opinion after living in Sao Paulo for several years. Believe me, The US is a piece of cake.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 11:37 PM

It doesn't get any rudier than Mexico City. I'm scared to drive that city.

Old Posted May 23, 2007, 2:08 AM
Respect My Authorit-I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNation View Post
In the years I was down visiting my parents in Boca, the one thing that always stood out with the drivers of South Florida is that many of them must not know that cars come equipped with turn signals. Driving on 95 can be interesting as cars just change lanes without warning right in front of you.....
I hear that after age 60, we lose brain function in the part that learned about turn signals and speed limits (reaching the speed limit, not exceeding it!).

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 3:24 PM

Bite me.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States