HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 7:14 PM

[Stoney Creek] Casa Di Torre | ?m | 8 fl | Complete

my photo

"LIFE STYLED CONDOS, COMING SOON FROM THE $300's, branthaven.com/condos"

Quote:
Development Application: ZAC-17-085

File Number: ZAC-17-085

Application Type: Zoning Amendment

Address: 121-125 Highway 8

File Year: 2017

Description: Rezone the lands from General Commercial to a site-specific RM4 (Multiple Residential) Zone in order to permit the construction of an 8-storey multiple dwelling consisting of 140 dwelling units.

Proposed Units: 140

- source

Site:

Google Street View | 121-125 Highway 8, Stoney Creek, Hamilton

Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 5:09 PM

my photo

This thread needs a name update from [Stoney Creek] 121-125 Highway 8 | ?m | 8 fl | Proposed to [Stoney Creek] Casa Di Torre | ?m | 8 fl | Proposed

Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 5:41 PM

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 2:14 AM

source

Larger Size:

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 3:26 AM
Ham-burgher

I can imagine my parents living in someplace like this in the not-too-distant future. They're in their early 70s, and going strong, but at some point...

Still, when I see "Casa di Torre" my mind leaps to Casa Joe Torre (and my mom has become a baseball fan, though she's gaga over some of the young Jays not Yanks)

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 11:56 AM

Stoney Creek is hitting a lot of right notes lately with mid-rise development. Would be great to sprinkle the odd high-rise in at proper locations, but I'm digging all these new condo buildings there. This is so needed all across the Mountain. Empty nesters are currently sitting on family-sized homes in huge numbers across our city because there is no suitable downsizing options for them.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
Stoney Creek is hitting a lot of right notes lately with mid-rise development. Would be great to sprinkle the odd high-rise in at proper locations, but I'm digging all these new condo buildings there. This is so needed all across the Mountain. Empty nesters are currently sitting on family-sized homes in huge numbers across our city because there is no suitable downsizing options for them.
This is true.

Between this development, Treviso and Kings Park there a nice little mix of developments along Hwy 8. We'll see if the development on Barton and Bell Manor goes ahead. Also the one on Queenston and Riverdale thats at the OMB.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 8:25 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
This is true.

Between this development, Treviso and Kings Park there a nice little mix of developments along Hwy 8. We'll see if the development on Barton and Bell Manor goes ahead. Also the one on Queenston and Riverdale thats at the OMB.
There's been a compromise on the 860 Queenston proposal. I hope it moves ahead posthaste.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 8:27 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
I think many of them just don't have need yet to move into something smaller with less maintenance -- they're settled and happy, for now. But there definitely needs to be more options for ageing boomers and I think the market will respond.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 7:20 PM

The sales centre has been moved and the site is being cleared...

my photo

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 4:38 PM

I couldn't imagine living near a KFC.

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 12:50 AM

Crane is up...

my photo

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 3:53 PM

my photo

my photo

Old Posted Oct 15, 2020, 11:13 PM

10/14/2020 by Joe, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 2:52 PM

8/12/2020 by Joe, on Flickr

8/12/2020 by Joe, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

I reckon there are several locations in Hamilton where a mid rise like this can and should be developed. All of the under utilized commercial space or empty lots filled with buildings like this can provide a significant boost to supply.

Great location for this building right on the B line and near amenities. There should be developments all the way along B-line to Winona Crossing. I would like to see some condos developed down the road at East Gate Square too.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTrade View Post
I reckon there are several locations in Hamilton where a mid rise like this can and should be developed. All of the under utilized commercial space or empty lots filled with buildings like this can provide a significant boost to supply.

Great location for this building right on the B line and near amenities. There should be developments all the way along B-line to Winona Crossing. I would like to see some condos developed down the road at East Gate Square too.
technically the B line only runs here on Sundays. The bus here is the 55 - which through runs with the B line.

The frequencies of the bus drop off a cliff at Gray Road however when it splits into the 55 and 55A, with half the buses going north to Barton St. It's only a meagre 30 minute bus service east of that. There are a handful of apartment building applications further east though even despite of that.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
technically the B line only runs here on Sundays. The bus here is the 55 - which through runs with the B line.

The frequencies of the bus drop off a cliff at Gray Road however when it splits into the 55 and 55A, with half the buses going north to Barton St. It's only a meagre 30 minute bus service east of that. There are a handful of apartment building applications further east though even despite of that.
You're correct. I believe the plan is for LRT/BRT to end at Eastgate and then B line will continue to Winona Crossing shopping center. Then that stretch may be considered for BRT in the long term. I'm very familiar with the bus system there, I had to use the awful transcab system to get to work in Stoney Creek Business Park. Bus service being extended out to Winona will be a huge boost for the area.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2021, 5:48 PM

The first pre-cast is going up here now, it looks ok. Have to wait for windows to see the final look and issue a formal judgement. This is also topped off now.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2021, 2:57 AM

1/27/2021 by Joe, on Flickr

1/27/2021 by Joe, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs