HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 12:15 PM

LaSalle is leading the way in new builds it seems. Did they start that riverfront project of theirs yet?

Great infill project on Dominion. Hope the South Windsorites are ok with an apartment going up there.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter777 View Post
LaSalle is leading the way in new builds it seems. Did they start that riverfront project of theirs yet?

Great infill project on Dominion. Hope the South Windsorites are ok with an apartment going up there.
According to this page on the town website, it's slated to start construction this year, although no specific date or month was provided.

Yeah, for that infill project there were some residents who brought up issues, but it looks like in this case after meeting with the developers/planner their concerns were alleviated, and it seems without changing the plans!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 11:23 AM

Smaller scale development, but looks like Amherstburg is getting a nice mixed-use development along Richmond St. Two retails spaces on the bottom (one will be a candy shop) and 2 two bedroom units will be above, with what appears to be a rooftop terrace above. Looks like a really nice development for the area, and according to the post is slated for completion in early December (last photo shows that construction is already in progress)

Link to post: https://m.facebook.com/rivertown.tim...3743606996?d=m

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:06 PM

Another office building DT to be converted to residential.

http://www.windsorontarionews.com/

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north 42 View Post
Another office building DT to be converted to residential.

http://www.windsorontarionews.com/
That's great! Glad to see that moving forward as well. I remember the purchase from a while back. Really like the focus on active transportation as well with the addition of bike parking, although I hope they take note of how other cities do residential bike parking (locked sheds, interior building parking, etc.) and don't just throw some bike racks out front

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 7:36 PM

New development in Ford City at 1207 Drouillard Rd. Looks like it's planning on renovating the current building and turning it into multiple commercial/spaces. Haven't heard anything more than what's in this post from the Ford City BIA Instagram, but it looks pretty promising. The building that's there currently seems to be vacant.

Link to post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSIEJlMF...dium=copy_link

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 7:53 PM

Not sure how I missed this, but it looks like the re-zoning appeal for the Graffiti project has been withdrawn, which is allowing the project to move forward! There are some dates in the article as well (which is from June 2021). Two buildings that are being renovated for commercial and office use will be completed by the end of this year. The West Barn (slated for retail use) is projected to be completed Summer or Fall 2022. The five-story apartment building at the back of the property is projected to be completed in 2023.

Exciting news!

Link to article: https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...peal-withdrawn

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 5:51 PM

^ Great news! Now I’d just love to know when constitution at the Grace Hospital site will start.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
^ Great news! Now I’d just love to know when constitution at the Grace Hospital site will start.
Same here! I wonder if anyone else here has more information on it. The most recent article I can find is from Dec 2020 that mentions public town hall meetings about the project with the developers. Hopefully we'll hear more about this one soon.

Link to article: https://blackburnnews.com/windsor/wi...-site-windsor/

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 7:49 PM

Update on the old bus depot downtown (or maybe a non-update? ) the building sits on top of the Tunnel, so there are limitations on how much digging and additional weight can be added to the structure. According to the article, the University still doesn't have any immediate plans for the space

I'm not really sure what can be done if it's over the Tunnel, maybe turn it into a park of some sort? I always though the stalls in the back would work nice for a market of sorts, but Pelissier seems to be the main spot for that. Sounds like there might potentially be something that could be done, but might require a lot of additional work which the University doesn't want to deal with currently. In any case, sad to hear that it's going to stay as-is for the time being

Link to article: http://www.windsorontarionews.com/wi...al-estate.html

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 3:24 PM

Drove by the old bus depot yesterday and it's unacceptable the state of disrepair its been left in. A major downtown eye sore

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter777 View Post
Drove by the old bus depot yesterday and it's unacceptable the state of disrepair its been left in. A major downtown eye sore
Most of downtown is an eye sore.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2021, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symz View Post
Most of downtown is an eye sore.
You're right, unfortunately. Hopefully with the increase in population and construction we will see significant investments made to the core. Too many empty buildings and lots, housing is terrible.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 12:14 PM

New member of SSP here.
Been creeping the site for quite a few years and now finally hope to contribute.

Love seeing the updates, photos, progress and learning of the improvements all around.

Has there been any new information about the Student housing development planned for Sandwhich Street (behind Barrel house on Mill and Sandwhich) ?

Also looking forward to more information on the Grace Hospital lands as that's right in my neighbourhood.

Cheers folks

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselXL View Post
New member of SSP here.
Been creeping the site for quite a few years and now finally hope to contribute.

Love seeing the updates, photos, progress and learning of the improvements all around.

Has there been any new information about the Student housing development planned for Sandwhich Street (behind Barrel house on Mill and Sandwhich) ?

Also looking forward to more information on the Grace Hospital lands as that's right in my neighbourhood.

Cheers folks
Welcome, glad to have you!

I don't know of any official sources, but a buddy of mine had shown me some renderings from a recent meeting about the Sandwich development between some of the parties involved. I believe it's still "in-progress", but unfortunately nothing official

Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 3:05 PM

Travelling to and from work along Walker road and I've noticed some new development.

Walker and Ducsharme between the provincial and 401.

Is Castlegate Towers moving to the 401 side of Ducsharme? Or is it DOA?

There is a new board up from HD Development group showing "Trinity Tower" now accepting reservations. Looks like a 6-7 story midrise, 1-2 bedroom apartments.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselXL View Post
Travelling to and from work along Walker road and I've noticed some new development.

Walker and Ducsharme between the provincial and 401.

Is Castlegate Towers moving to the 401 side of Ducsharme? Or is it DOA?

There is a new board up from HD Development group showing "Trinity Tower" now accepting reservations. Looks like a 6-7 story midrise, 1-2 bedroom apartments.
Hmmm, I checked out Castle Gate Towers website and according to that it looks like it's still on the west side of Walker, although I haven't heard too much about it. Did you see any machinery on the site at all?

Oh interesting, so this Trinity Tower development is where the Castle Gate Towers development was?

Old Posted Sep 15, 2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurPlanner View Post
Hmmm, I checked out Castle Gate Towers website and according to that it looks like it's still on the west side of Walker, although I haven't heard too much about it. Did you see any machinery on the site at all?

Oh interesting, so this Trinity Tower development is where the Castle Gate Towers development was?
The Trinity tower development looks an awful lot like the new development that went up at Crawford and Wyandotte W. Probably the same developer.

A new boutique hotel is now planned for Erie St. where the new 4 story building that has gone up that was originally meant to be apartments. I think it’s a great location for this and a great asset for Little Italy!

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/8-million...taly-1.5585352

Old Posted Sep 15, 2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
The Trinity tower development looks an awful lot like the new development that went up at Crawford and Wyandotte W. Probably the same developer.
Oh interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for more information on that one!

Quote:
A new boutique hotel is now planned for Erie St. where the new 4 story building that has gone up that was originally meant to be apartments. I think it’s a great location for this and a great asset for Little Italy!

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/8-million...taly-1.5585352

Very cool! To be honest, I would have rather have seen it kept as a mixed-used building with the apartments to add some fresh housing stock to the area. I'm curious what council will do when it goes for final approval. Still good to see the vacant parcel get activated

Old Posted Sep 15, 2021, 12:29 PM

Both developments look to be on the west side of Walker.
I thought Castlegate was going to be on the North side of Duscharme but it looks like it'll now be on the South side of it (backing on to 401).
The new Trinity Tower will be on the north side (backing on to the train tracks).

The signage does look a lot like the building on Crawford and Wyandotte but I know they're different developers (Piroli built that one and I am in that building now lol)
HD Development is the one behind Trinity Tower. Website shows this to be Phase 1 with a 7 story midrise (58 units) and the overall project showing 244 units

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario