HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 11:56 PM

Yay!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2021, 12:48 AM
It's a nickname from work

I think one of the neat things about the James lot is that it's been a parking lot since our grandparents were young, since 1959 at least.

CU's track record is best in the city, I'm confident this'll end up looking good. Not too keen on that laneway right onto James, but maybe the DRP will agree with me. The setback isn't too bad either, patios won't be as attractive facing James, especially with Augusta right around the corner. Plus, it keeps consistent with the neighbours, especially the Medical Arts bldg. Won't obscure that sign much at all either.

Let the good times roll

Old Posted Jun 9, 2021, 12:56 AM

Agreed. My only hope is that it gets through the approval process even faster than 14-18 Augusta. The city should be rewarding Core Urban.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 8:48 PM

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

Last edited by TheRitsman; Jun 15, 2021 at 9:28 PM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
DRP Presentation:

Video Link
Video's unavailable

I think this link should work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJoRFrJ1jY

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 9:29 PM

I guess the city of Hamilton doesn't allow embedding?

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 10:47 PM
Forever forward.

Interesting that the architect shared at the DRP that all of these including the building currently under construction are actually poured concrete construction, not wood as I thought was originally planned.

I am also encouraged to see that a number of panelists suggested a bit more density - and one called on the City to consider variances that would enable that.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 11:08 PM

Perhaps you fellows could help me figure something out. It's not entirely clear to me if they're building the James-fronting building right to the southern property line, or leaving a gap. I know there's a gap behind the Medical Arts building, but that's on their side of the property line.

Really all I want to know is if we need to just wait for the MA building to fill in their alleyway gap, or if we need to wait this new building to fill in theirs as well.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 11:25 PM
Forever forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavedParmesanCheese View Post
Perhaps you fellows could help me figure something out. It's not entirely clear to me if they're building the James-fronting building right to the southern property line, or leaving a gap. I know there's a gap behind the Medical Arts building, but that's on their side of the property line.

Really all I want to know is if we need to just wait for the MA building to fill in their alleyway gap, or if we need to wait this new building to fill in theirs as well.
They are indeed going to build to their southern property line with the James Street building. The underground parking plan might lead one to believe they aren't though, when in reality the southernmost portion of the ground floor is an interior parking garage entrance and not a laneway parking entrance.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachlanholmes View Post
Interesting that the architect shared at the DRP that all of these including the building currently under construction are actually poured concrete construction, not wood as I thought was originally planned.

I am also encouraged to see that a number of panelists suggested a bit more density - and one called on the City to consider variances that would enable that.
I wonder if the price of lumber has changed their tune. I specifically remember at the last DRP for 14-18 Augusta, they said it would be wood frame.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 11:35 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I guess the city of Hamilton doesn't allow embedding?
Could just be the way the embedding was done. With YouTube, all you need to enter is the last sequence of characters in between the YouTube BB codes. E.g., "nxJoRFrJ1jY" without the "https://youtu.be/"

Video Link

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton