HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I really hope the original design for that lot gets used. It looked straight out of SoHo.
Is this the one that was owned by Revolution Development Group and designed by Morris Adjmi. This? https://www.inquirer.com/philly/busi...-20180620.html I actually think the integration of the base and the addition was uncharacteristically clumsy here. He's done some amazing work. I'd still be happy to see this rise, especially if tweaked. But if this is the parcel and design you're talking about, the neighborhood groups were being a real thorn in the side.

EDIT: the one I reference above is Race and 2nd. This is different. I forget what this one looks like. Anyone have a link?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Is this the one that was owned by Revolution Development Group and designed by Morris Adjmi. This? https://www.inquirer.com/philly/busi...-20180620.html I actually think the integration of the base and the addition was uncharacteristically clumsy here. He's done some amazing work. I'd still be happy to see this rise, especially if tweaked. But if this is the parcel and design you're talking about, the neighborhood groups were being a real thorn in the side.

EDIT: the one I reference above is Race and 2nd. This is different. I forget what this one looks like. Anyone have a link?
Correct. This is Race and 2nd and that proposal is dead as a doornail. Something will happen there at some point (all the buildings have been acquired right up to the corner and the existing buildings are one-story garbage) but the hotel/condo plan is done.

I'm talking about the south east corner of Arch and 2nd. It was the old Economy Restaurant Supply company and was sold recently to the DiNardis group. There has been liquor applications in the window for months and all the nimbys in Old City have been bitching about this for fear of drunken college kids getting drunk in an upscale boutique hotel and trashing the neighborhood. Goofy.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 5:25 PM

43 Units + New Restaurant Planned for Kensington

New restaurant, 20-unit mixed-use building, 23-unit mixed-use building, and 93-unit mixed-use building all coming to 2nd and Cecil B. Moore in Kensington - Link to Article

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Is this the one that was owned by Revolution Development Group and designed by Morris Adjmi. This? https://www.inquirer.com/philly/busi...-20180620.html
I'm glad someone brought this rendering back up, because I have a very important on-topic question. What's up with the face that's on the stucco on the building just left of the bottom center? I really want it to be an architectural rendering in-joke, like the Wilhelm Scream for Sketchup or something.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 7:35 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
I'm glad someone brought this rendering back up, because I have a very important on-topic question. What's up with the face that's on the stucco on the building just left of the bottom center? I really want it to be an architectural rendering in-joke, like the Wilhelm Scream for Sketchup or something.
I can only say the ghosty mural doesn't appear in real life. I looked at the past several years in pictometry views and that wall has been consistently blank.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Correct. This is Race and 2nd and that proposal is dead as a doornail. Something will happen there at some point (all the buildings have been acquired right up to the corner and the existing buildings are one-story garbage) but the hotel/condo plan is done.

I'm talking about the south east corner of Arch and 2nd. It was the old Economy Restaurant Supply company and was sold recently to the DiNardis group. There has been liquor applications in the window for months and all the nimbys in Old City have been bitching about this for fear of drunken college kids getting drunk in an upscale boutique hotel and trashing the neighborhood. Goofy.
A single person was able to kill this project

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:

There are no neighborhood groups. There's a single group the NID Old City District

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 10:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Just curious. This would be a game-changer for old city in that it would be the first liquor license issued between Race and Market in what has to be decades.
Wrong. There have two in the last six years. Six in the last 20 years with 3 gone and one inactive. I guess you have to actually live in a neighborhood for more than five years before you actually know it. This liquor license is not new but a transfer from the now closed DiNardos on Race street.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 10:17 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Feet View Post
A single person was able to kill this project
Details?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
Not sure how it got into this render, but see http://www.nuartfestival.no/previous...010/vhils--pl-

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
Not sure how it got into this render, but see http://www.nuartfestival.no/previous...010/vhils--pl-
This is awesome. Even though this does not exist in real life, it should. This needs to be a mural somewhere.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Wrong. There have two in the last six years. Six in the last 20 years with 3 gone and one inactive. I guess you have to actually live in a neighborhood for more than five years before you actually know it. This liquor license is not new but a transfer from the now closed DiNardos on Race street.
I've been there for over 4 years. So, Mr Cryptic? Where have the other liquor licenses been issued in Old City between Race and Market in the last 6 years.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 5:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I've been there for over 4 years. So, Mr Cryptic? Where have the other liquor licenses been issued in Old City between Race and Market in the last 6 years.
Tuna Bar
LaPeg

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 6:54 PM

Those are ON Race.

I'm talking about between Race and Market.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 7:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Those are ON Race.

I'm talking about between Race and Market.
<rolling eyes>

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 7:54 PM

Quote:
<rolling eyes>
Looks like we've got ourselves a troll.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Looks like we've got ourselves a troll.
Honestly. What's with this guy?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 1:15 PM

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 1:17 PM

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
Good catch. I believe this big parking garage stretches from 1608-1634 Sansom.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/16...!4d-75.1677997

Boom! (I hope this really does mean new development that takes out a garage and isn't an address typo by Natalie)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development