HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 11:05 PM
Desert Dweller

Ah! I love this city. Theres not much to say since its so perfect, clean, and modern. Just keep on updating!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 1:24 AM

I can't believe I missed this last update! That animated gif looks perfect, I was about to do something similar. Very good Aleks!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 7:08 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I've decided that the buildings in my city aren't big enough for it's population. The cities population is 1.7 Million so I'm going to make some taller skyscrapers here and there like Hong Kong. First I'm gonna make some mid-rises but later on I'll make residentials in the 7's and 8 hundreds.

That's why the Police Department is so big. I need bigger buildings.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 7:28 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Woah! No update since June 7th! Whatever, I enjoyed that time. Anyways, I think I'm gonna start working on my city too. It seems that the more people participate updating their cities the more I want to update too.

So, no new buildings but it's something. I decided that I'm going to try to detail my models like Mo, Dubai Addiction, Peter and malec. I will most likely get bored by Idk, I never really used textures.

So instead of buildings looking flat like this:

They will now have some depth in windows and steel beams and whatnot:

And I'll try to make better renderings with water textures and stuff. I'll add cars, bus stops, etc... No traffic lights though.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 7:41 AM
nuttin

Does make a big difference, Can't wait

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 4:32 PM
Posting Quick Reply

big difference, good job. i don't have the attention span to do anything like that.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2008, 8:49 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

I made a render with what the improved Ferraro & Daco building looks like. The windows pop out more which is nice. I think I need to put more details though because that's not enough. Definitely in the lobby, trading floor, and the roof.

I wanna get done with this so I can start making residential buildings! I'm also adding more details to the Nestin's base and roof.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2008, 4:33 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I added details to the Leaf building. I need to add more details to all three buildings though and as you can see I started a small department store for the "elite" but it's not finished yet. And the glass is bothering me because it won't turn transparent. I'll fix that later.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2008, 8:50 AM
nuttin

I can't see any pics, 'bandwidth exceeded'. Is that me perhaps? :mildly distraught:

Old Posted Aug 12, 2008, 10:54 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocholate View Post
I can't see any pics, 'bandwidth exceeded'. Is that me perhaps? :mildly distraught:
Not just you mate, I'm seeing it too

Old Posted Aug 12, 2008, 11:50 AM
<:

cant see the pics too

Old Posted Aug 12, 2008, 10:19 PM

Time for A Flickr Account!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2008, 3:53 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Yeahh, I noticed that too. Not many new pics just old ones but I can upload them into another account later tonight. Then you'll see them.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2008, 8:14 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

New Hotel?

Just found this while going through the Port Pacific Times website. There's a new hotel proposed which would be come the tallest all hotel building.

hmm... the design looks very familiar...

Old Posted Aug 25, 2008, 8:29 AM
nuttin

ow gawd please do like a detailed glass type of job on the opposite side coming from about 3/4's height and down the center which explodes into a 'chandelier' effect at the lobby, or something like that very sexy

Old Posted Aug 25, 2008, 9:39 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

What do you mean? I was thinking about something like the Ritz LA but what you're saying sounds interesting. Please tell me more, or make a small model of what you mean.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2008, 1:10 PM
nuttin

I dunno really , I just pictured that briefly

Old Posted Aug 27, 2008, 2:46 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Domner & Domner

The Domner brothers have just completed a 5 year project to expand their world headquarters and remodel two neighboring historic buildings. The company bought the first lot back in 2000 and since they built the Domner & Domner Tower. Now the company has expanded with it's decision to enter the car manufacturing market. Instead of buying the neighboring lot the company decided to buy the entire block. The city opposed but the company included a remodeling plan of the existing structures.

The building:

The new skyscraper is 596 ft tall with a total of 43 floors above ground and 5 underground. The new building is even more environmentally friendly than the previous structure and has a modern, sleek design. The front of the building curves into the block in the main tower section. Each story has a floor-to-floor pitch of 13' 6" to allow more natural light to enter the structure.

The back facade of the building slowly inclines toward the front. This means that the back side is at an angle pointing upwards towards the sky and away from the existing building. Again, this allows more light to enter each floor and reduce the shadow impact of the building. The angle of the wall not only allows more light to enter the structure but it also serves as a guide for rain water. When rain falls on the building, it slides down into a water system located every 10 floors. The water then is collected in an underground tank.

The triple panel windows are designed to change shade depending on the strength of the sun. When it's sunny outside the glass lightens up to allow more light to enter and when it's sunny the glass darkens. When it darkens less sunlight enters the building cooling the whole structure by as much as 10 degrees.

--------------------------------------------------
Man, thank you if you read. I like explaining my building designs for some reason. And in the last picture I had to stitch 4 renderings together since that wall is covered from everywhere.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2008, 3:13 AM

Damn that is one sweet ass building! so sleek & smooth i've been staring at those pics for like 6 minutes straight now

Old Posted Aug 27, 2008, 3:56 AM

wow, great buildings, renders, and increasing ground detail. utterly postmodern, but realistic.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup