HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 8:56 PM

I thought this sold a few months back but $4.1M for a site nearly .60 acres that is two blocks from the Mall and one block from the Smithsonian metro station seems like an incredibly good deal.

Does anyone know what is planned for the Cotton Annex building next to this?

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:15 PM

Georgetown

Coming to Wisconsin and Prospect Ave, NW in 2021

By Prince Of Petworth
May 16, 2019

Image courtesy of Prince of Petworth.

"From a press release:

“EastBanc, Inc., in partnership with Acadia Realty Trust and the current property owner, today announced the joint redevelopment of 1238 Wisconsin Avenue NW. The Georgetown landmark, a readapted 30,000 square foot building, will serve as a significant milestone in Georgetown’s leadership in retail activity as it converts the two-tenant ground-floor retail building into six high demand, small-format retail spaces, returning the spaces back to their original layout. The renovated mixed-use building will feature 15,000 square feet of office space and five residential units above the ground-floor retail. The concept is scheduled to deliver in 2021..."

https://www.popville.com/2019/05/com...ve-nw-in-2021/

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 3:44 PM

Georgetown

This will be some nice infill for Georgetown.

The Latest Plans For 49-Unit Project Along Georgetown Waterfront

June 5, 2019
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Image courtesy of Urban Turf.

"Plans for the largest residential development along the Georgetown waterfront appear to slowly be moving forward.

Earlier this year, UrbanTurf reported that a Georgetown warehouse strip previously slated for conversion had hit the market, and last month, we previewed potential plans to reconceive the conversion. Now, we are getting a better idea of how the project has changed..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...-project/15485

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 3:31 PM

Hill East

Well, this is certainly an improvement.

Owners Plan Major Upgrade for Albert’s Liquors in Hill East

Image courtesy of Capitol Hill Corner.

Here’s the Kentucky Avenue front of the building as it is today. (Image courtesy of Capitol Hill Corner)

By Larry Janezich
Capitol Hill Corner

"Albert’s Liquors owners, Jorge and Blanca Ventura, plan to transform the 580 square foot building at 328 Kentucky Avenue, SE, into a new high end liquor venue which will offer wine and snacks on two outdoor patios and add a 1400 square foot, 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath living unit on two floors above the store. The project will not be subject to historical preservation review, since it lies outside the Capitol Hill Historic District. The store is a stone’s throw from the development of the new Safeway mixed use development under construction catty corner across D Street, SE..."

https://capitolhillcorner.org/2019/0...-in-hill-east/

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 4:16 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Was in the area last couple of days. Have no idea what projects these are.

DC Construction - 2 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

DC Construction - 1 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Was in the area last couple of days. Have no idea what projects these are.
Seen both of these many times.
First one is a partial reclad and 2 story corner infill as part of a rebranding effort.
Second one is the Latham Hotel development, as memory serves it's been sitting like that for almost a year.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 2:44 PM

86 Affordable Apartments Proposed for Alabama Avenue

July 1, 2019
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"An all-affordable development is on the boards blocks from Skyland Town Center.

Durrani Development and Compass Design and Development have applied for zoning approval to construct an 86-unit apartment building at 2483-2491 Alabama Avenue SE (map). The site, where a vacant former church is located, is in the RA-1 zone, requiring a special exception for new residential development..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...a-avenue/15604

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post

July 1, 2019
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"An all-affordable development is on the boards blocks from Skyland Town Center.

Durrani Development and Compass Design and Development have applied for zoning approval to construct an 86-unit apartment building at 2483-2491 Alabama Avenue SE (map). The site, where a vacant former church is located, is in the RA-1 zone, requiring a special exception for new residential development..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...a-avenue/15604
You can only imagine how great Washingtons skyline would be if unlimited height skyscrapers were allowed. The present limitations are currently outdated for a World Capital of this magnitude.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysoar View Post
You can only imagine how great Washingtons skyline would be if unlimited height skyscrapers were allowed. The present limitations are currently outdated for a World Capital of this magnitude.
Well... the height limit certainly gives the city a unique feel among US cities. I'll give it that.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2019, 3:36 PM

Nobody is advocating entirely eliminating the Height Act restrictions, and I don't think they should be eliminated, but there are ares by some of the outer metro stations in the District that should be allowed to have taller buildings. One of the things that opponents of relaxing the Height Act seem to forget is that if the federal restrictions were relaxed, local zoning and planning laws would still be applicable, so we wouldn't be getting Dubai on the Potomac.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Well... the height limit certainly gives the city a unique feel among US cities. I'll give it that.
i'm not bothered by the height restriction. It gives DC a sense of place (unique). Additionally, DC still could maximize density in so many ways with the need for height. Many neighborhoods need far more density (even without tall buildings)

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 6:40 PM

Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard

I took this photo of One Hill South Phase II (i.e. Two Mountain North) while I was running/dying on Saturday morning.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:04 PM

Rosslyn

This is just across the Key Bridge in Rosslyn.

Renderings Revealed For Massive Rosslyn Holiday Inn Redevelopment

July 9, 2019
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"Yesterday, the Arlington County Planning Commission's Site Plan Review Committee held a hearing on the proposed redevelopment of the Holiday Inn in Arlington. Here's a look at how the project has changed since UrbanTurf reported on it this spring..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...elopment/15627

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 4:20 PM

Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard

Here are a couple of photos I took yesterday of the DC Crossing residential development under construction on I Street, SE, between Half Street SE and First Street.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 8:30 PM

The Palisades

Raze Application Paves Way For Palisades Safeway Redevelopment

July 12, 2019
By UrbanTurf Staff

Image via Urban Turf.

"A raze application has been filed for the former Safeway grocery store at 4865 MacArthur Boulevard NW, paving the way for redevelopment of the now-shuttered store.

The application to raze the building comes several months after the Historic Preservation Review Board (HPRB) voted unanimously that the store did not merit historic designation. .."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...19&omhide=true

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantSwan View Post
i'm not bothered by the height restriction. It gives DC a sense of place (unique). Additionally, DC still could maximize density in so many ways with the need for height. Many neighborhoods need far more density (even without tall buildings)
I'm completely against eliminating the height restriction until Reservation 13 and the RFK site, as well as the planned development behind union station over the Amtrak tracks, are completely developed. After that - fine - increase the height limit.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2019, 10:16 AM
From Charlotte

Does anyone have renderings for what’s being built by the Cap One HQ in Tyson’s?

Also, looks like dirt is moving at Tyson’s metro. Anyone know what that’s gonna be?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2019, 9:06 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWashington View Post
Does anyone have renderings for what’s being built by the Cap One HQ in Tyson’s?
Which block? There are a couple of towers, a Wegmans and Performing Arts Center being built.

Quote:
Also, looks like dirt is moving at Tyson’s metro. Anyone know what that’s gonna be?
The only thing I saw was Cirque du Soleil Volta setting up next to Tysons Center Metro.

-sb

Last edited by shakman; Jul 15, 2019 at 3:42 AM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 1:19 PM
From Charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Which block? There are a couple of towers, a Wegmans and Performing Arts Center being built.

The only thing I saw was Cirque du Soleil Volta setting up next to Tysons Center Metro.

Yeah. It’s cirque du soleil. It’s obvious now. Was hoping for some development action.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 7:46 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Yeah. It’s cirque du soleil. It’s obvious now. Was hoping for some development action.
Lerner owns that land but has not announced any detailed plans. Just south, across Tysons Blvd, Lerner has proposed twin residential towers; Residences at Tysons II:

https://www.tysonspartnership.org/pr...-at-tysons-ii/

-sb

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations