HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

360 10th Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 10:38 PM
New Yorker for life

I would expect this development to come once the second phase of the railyard development begins to take shape, or at least after the first phase is well established. For the money they plan to spend on this tower, it will have to be very high end. They will draw on the popularity of the High Line, where multiple developments have had success by proximity, and a more established Hudson Yards.

We know with SHoP buildings, the facade can get very interesting. So besides the form, I would like to see what materials they are talking about using here.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 4:59 PM
New Yorker for life

This was the "pop up" site for the Shed...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm7M-NFh...y=howardoshrin

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 6:06 PM
Ω

This is so exciting! I hope they go with a stone facade or something that will contrast with all the glass at Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 6:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
This is so exciting! I hope they go with a stone facade or something that will contrast with all the glass at Hudson Yards.
With SHoP, we will probably get both. Currently, McCourt is looking for another partner to build the tower. That may or may not speed up the timeline.

Anyway, SHoP's staement from 4 years ago when the firm was bought on.

https://www.hines.com/news/mg-proper...d-as-architect

Quote:
Recently named the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, SHoP has been a creative force behind many notable projects in New York City in recent years, including: 111 West 57th; 626 First Avenue; Gotham Gateway; the Domino Sugar Refinery and Barclays Center.

"We are thrilled to be working with McCourt and Hines to design this important new tower at the terminus of the High Line and the hinge between the Hudson River and Penn Station. We hope to create a building that evokes the best of historic Chelsea while making a strong contemporary addition to the skyline." said Vishaan Chakrabarti, a partner at SHoP Architects.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 8:08 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

While I realize that most of those models are for sheer massing demonstration, I'm not too keen on the overwhelming preponderance of the flat roof motif. aslant or a subtle prominence of some sort would be nice.

Same goes for the asymmetrical setbacking and the oddly staggered cantilevering.

IMO the kind of modest torquing design that was lost with the original Girasole plan could work.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 12:49 AM
New Yorker for life

We'll see. It could be anything at this point. They got the massing of Steinway right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I see a version of a SHoP designed 360 10th, multiple versions..(it could be any one, lol)

https://www.6sqft.com/where-i-work-g...orth-building/

You can see one on the model near the Coach tower...(far right)

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 8:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Pics by me. Taken today.

Still no activity on site.

20181116_115659 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

20181116_115709 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 1:03 PM
New Yorker for life

I wouldn't expect anything on this site at least until phase 2 is developing and phase 1 has established itself.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 8:22 PM
New Yorker for life

For location purposes, the building rendered on the right (behind the stairs) would be the location of 360 10th Avenue...

https://www.6sqft.com/the-high-line-...ewest-section/

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 9:53 PM

McCourt must hurry up he has to build the tower before an upcoming economic crisis.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky88 View Post
McCourt must hurry up he has to build the tower before an upcoming economic crisis.
I doubt it will start in time, unless the potential financial crisis holds off until the spring of 2021. I would also doubt that the crisis will be anywhere near as deep as the Great Recession and even if it was worse, the crisis would at most delay this building, if even that. Let's look at how the various projects we knew about from a decade ago weathered the storm:

1-3-4 WTC, One57, Manhattan West, 3 Hudson Boulevard, WPC and 53W53rd were all proposed before or at the height of the great recession and are now mostly complete except 3 Hudson, which is nonetheless an active construction site.

Every single one besides One57 and 4 WTC however suffered design changes including value engineering (1 WTC radome, 3 WTC spires and the original 53W53rd lighting scheme) height cuts (1 Manhattan west, 3 WTC, 3 Hudson, 53W53rd) but not one of the changes was caused by the great recession.

1 Manhattan West was cut to create 3 Manhattan West, 3 WTC had engineering changes to mechanical space, 53W53rd was snipped by the city and 3 Hudson BLVD was snipped by Moinian after they figured the old design wasn't financially viable for the market of 2017.

15 Penn and 2WTC were both proposed before the great recession and both are still active proposals, the only reasons they aren't rising is because there is a lot of product coming onto the market, but they will get their time in the light pretty soon.

The only realistic supertall (those pie in the sky Penn Station Towers from 2007 weren't realistic) we lost to the Great Recession was the World Product Center, but even then the site now houses 55HY which is a pretty cool building in my opinion.

I'd say that we should be far more worried about delays and developers changing their visions than outright cancellations.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 5:59 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
I wouldn't expect this one anytime soon. We need to get both Manhattan West and the first phase of the railyards development fully functioning. The site is still in the middle of a major construction zone.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 6:49 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Per source who has seen the design, this may be slightly over 1000'. We could be looking at a super tall based on his insight into the situation.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 7:38 PM

The models include some options that are taller than 30 HY.

HY needs a showstopper tower, and I hope this is it.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Per source who has seen the design, this may be slightly over 1000'. We could be looking at a super tall based on his insight into the situation.
Will it be a glass box?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 11:25 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Confidentiality.

But it won't be taller than 30 Hudson, but definitely super tall territory which is 300m as the threshold.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 1:01 AM
New Yorker for life

I still think it will take a while before this one takes off, but I could be wrong. The rest of the Hudson Yards needs to be built out more, but that's happening at a rapid pace.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 1:06 AM

I think McCourt might wait until Manhattan West finishes up, and that's not very far into the future. With Phase I of the Railyard and the final High Line spur opened, there's not much keeping him back. Especially with Amazon sizing up the neighborhood.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 7:56 PM

I don't think McCourt wants to spend $ 3 billion on a project of just 1,000 feet. It would be stupid. On the site one could build a tower of the size of 432 Park Avenue tower and perhaps higher.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I don't think McCourt wants to spend $ 3 billion on a project of just 1,000 feet. It would be stupid. On the site one could build a tower of the size of 432 Park Avenue tower and perhaps higher.
50 Hudson yards cost 4 billion and will also be 1000 ft

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals