HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 10:16 AM
Croatian Correspondant

Two new skyscraper projects in Zagreb

Well they finish some and then they start some more

Here are the latest two skyscrapers expected to start next year in the Croatian capital of Zagreb. Let me know what you guys think

SKY OFFICE

Sky Tower

Zagreb's latest skyscraper project will see the construction of dual 23-level skyscrapers (lobby + 22 floors) interconnected between levels 2-14. This massive office project will see one skyscraper become HQs to local firm "Zagreb-Montaza", while the second tower will become the new home of another Croatian firm "Dalekovod". The location of this project will be the important intersection of Zagrebacka (formerly Ljubljanska) avenue & Vrapcanska street. The sucessful design of these twin elipical towers was created by architects Ante Anin, Ante Lozica & Kresimir Radnic from local design firm AJF Project. The lower levels of these towers will consist of underground parking for 600 vehicles. The total leasable floor space in both towers will total 30,000 sqms. Aproximately one third of this will be leased out to other interested parties. The project valued at 55 million euros is expected to be completed by the end of 2008. Throughout the building there will be internal atriums with gardens for the relaxation of workers, including a restaurant on level 14. The main entrance will be located facing Zagrebacka avenue. The height of this project is likely to be between 85-90 metres.

More info: www.zagreb-montaza.hr

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 10:25 AM
Croatian Correspondant

OK, here is the second skyscraper proposal for Zagreb, this one will be the tallest skyscraper in Croatia and one of the tallest in south-eastern Europe. It will be 123 metres tall, hence the name :-

Tower 123

Tower 123

Zagreb to get the one of the tallest skyscrapers in the region.

A new 30 level office tower has been announced for Zagreb on the intersection of Selska Street and Zagrebacka (formerly Ljubljanska Avenue). The 123 metre tall tower will be one of the tallest skyscrapers in the region and surely the tallest in Croatia. The successful design of Zagreb's latest skyscraper was won by local architectural firm 3LHD. Apart from the skyscraper, it is also planned that the nearby residential zone consisting of free-standing houses will make way for a new medium density housing estate which will eventually compliment the skyscraper to be known as "Neboder 123" (Tower 123).

The skyscraper being proposed by firm "Poslovni Centar Donji Grad" will be an office tower in essence with the podium consisting of retail outlets while the very top of the tower will becoming a public viewing platform of Zagreb from above. Approximately 19,200 sqm of office space will reside throughout the whole tower. The observation deck is also planned to house a museum dedicated the history of urban development in the city of Zagreb.

The most fascinating aspect of the building's design is the use of "Diagrid" to structurally enhance the building by wrapping its exterior with a diamond style grid from top to bottom. The weight of the building is hence borne by the outside grid pattern rather than the internal structure as found in most common buildings. This creates large open floors devoid of many supporting columns with the lift core being the building's primary central support. This kind of technology has been used in a number of the world's most interesting buildings with London's "Swiss-Re Tower" being a primary example. Another aspect of Tower 123's design is that the floor plates will be trapezoid in shape and not the common rectacular or eliptical floor plates as found in most modern highrises.

Once Tower 123 has been established, the next component is the adjacent residential zone that will consist of approximately 10 apartment blocks with up to 9 levels in each. Marko Dabrović, one of the chief architects of this project believes it is time to bring new life into Zagreb's suburbs and it therefore hoped that "Tower 123" and the nearby planned residential zone will in part revive this part of Zagreb into something different and dynamic.

Slavko Dakić, from Zagreb City Council's strategic planning commitee says that Tower 123 is well within scope of what the city wants to achieve with Zagrebacka Avenue to which this crucial east-west arterial avenue becomes the commercial heart of Zagreb. It has been envisaged that each major intersection along Zagrebacka (Ljubljanska) will house clusters of skyscapers as will soon be the case with the intersection of Selska where the new Tower 123 will be built, making it a new highrise landmark of a modern Zagreb.

More info: www.studio3lhd.hr

Last edited by Agram; Dec 21, 2006 at 10:31 AM.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 10:49 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Skyoffice looks less of a standard box, but the way it's surrounded by surface parking... not so good (no tram lines nearby?).
I like how Neboder 123 is where two big raods meet, not only looks cool but many will see it every day too
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 11:16 AM
Croatian Correspondant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Skyoffice looks less of a standard box, but the way it's surrounded by surface parking... not so good (no tram lines nearby?).
I like how Neboder 123 is where two big raods meet, not only looks cool but many will see it every day too
I dont like parking in front of towers either, therefore I'm hoping there will be more than sufficient parking underground in "Sky Tower" and thus we'll see instead, more landscaping.

Yes, the trams travel along this major roadway where both new towers will be situated. (Zagrebacka Street). I think "Neboder 123" is well situated and will be prominent from a number of locations.

Thanks for your feeback Swede.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 2:36 PM
Information Age

Great projects!

espacielly this one:

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 6:03 AM
Skyrise

Thanks Agram for the update on Zagreb's latest 2 skyscraper projects.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 8:53 PM
Alea Iacta Est

fantastics, love it, 123 tower look amazing hope it gets built....

It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.Voltaire

Old Posted Jan 6, 2007, 12:18 AM
Croatian Correspondant

Third latest proposal - South East Gate Tower

South-East Gate Tower

This latest tower is a 26 storey office skyscraper planned to be built beside the new Domovinski Bridge which opened a few months ago. This bridge is the largest that spans the Sava River in Zagreb. The location is beside the actual Sava River. The address is Radnicka Street which is a prominent south-eastern gateway into Zagreb, hence the tower's name. The shape of the building is described as being "Crystalline", therefore it is irregular in form and designed in part to reflect lighting in passing traffic via the newly built bridge. This project is still in planning faze.

This new building will be 106 metres tall and will occupy 26,375 sqms. This skyscraper will be the centre piece of an urban development that will consist of various sized apartment blocks at its base and lined up along the Sava River's north bank. There is a retail and entertainment component in its proposal. The 9407 sqm site will eventually have 93,572 sqms of built development. The skyscrapers base footprint will be 2315 sqms.

More detail from the architects website :

http://www.studio3lhd.hr/#

GO ZAGREB!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 11:14 PM
Skyrise

^^ We'll need to start a new Zagreb construction update as the other thread has since lapsed. Any volunteers?

@ Mic - I sent you a PM, check your inbox.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2007, 2:10 AM
Alea Iacta Est

thanx sc, I got it,

Agram fantastic, wow, how sure are you this is going to get built ?>

looks impressive to say the least.
I'd prefer for this tower to get built closer to Zagreb Tower, so it creates an skyline there as well, can you imagine, 106m 87m Zagreb tower, 60m Chromos tower, 55m Almeria tower.

Can you immagine East Zagreb skyline at night with all these towers.

I remembear in early 2005, it was hard to get 80m tower up in Zagreb with bureaucracy, and now suddenly we have quite a few towers being built and proposed in Zagreb, I am hoping at least half of them get realized.

I still think tower over 150m is required to create a strong impression over rest of the city, BTW I just bought first real estate in Zagreb, On Zrinjevac park for cool 128 000 Euros. 3 Bedroom Apartment overlooking the park.

It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.Voltaire

Old Posted Jan 9, 2007, 2:42 AM
Skyrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of orion View Post
thanx sc, I got it,

Agram fantastic, wow, how sure are you this is going to get built ?>

looks impressive to say the least.
I'd prefer for this tower to get built closer to Zagreb Tower, so it creates an skyline there as well, can you imagine, 106m 87m Zagreb tower, 60m Chromos tower, 55m Almeria tower.

Can you immagine East Zagreb skyline at night with all these towers.

I remembear in early 2005, it was hard to get 80m tower up in Zagreb with bureaucracy, and now suddenly we have quite a few towers being built and proposed in Zagreb, I am hoping at least half of them get realized.

I still think tower over 150m is required to create a strong impression over rest of the city, BTW I just bought first real estate in Zagreb, On Zrinjevac park for cool 128 000 Euros. 3 Bedroom Apartment overlooking the park.
South-East Gate Tower is a strong proposal but its a couple of years down the track. It will all depend on the state of the commercial property market in 2-3 years time.

The actual tower is a bit further down the road from current ZagrebTower, therefore same road, same neigbourhood, not too sure on the exact close proximity. They wont however be beside each other.

Location is on the north bank of the Sava near the new bridge. I guess its part of the "Zagreb on the Sava" project where the city will move up close to both the north and south banks of the Sava River which passes directly through Zagreb.

The buildings design is somewhat "crystalline" or shapped to look like a shard of crystal. :okay:

Old Posted Jan 9, 2007, 3:33 AM
Pacific Wonderland

Excellent towers, they will be a nice addition to Zagreb. I love Zagreb, the first city I ever visited in Europe.

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Jan 9, 2007, 3:36 AM

Both are really sleek designs. Good for Zagreb.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 12:33 AM
Dude in the blue

Werry cool projects!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 8:39 AM
Tokyo and Paris fan

I like it.

[/QUOTE]

It remind me Coeur Defense

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 8:14 AM
Croatian Correspondant

^^ Cool, what an interesting comparison.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2007, 6:31 AM
Skyrise

BTW, SkyTower commenced construction last month!

Anyway, there have been more skyscraper proposals since the last updates on this thread.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 6:29 AM

Does anyone have any renderings of the new proposals?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 12:52 PM

Nice towers, but why to call it the skyscrapers if the height is 87 m?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 8:39 PM
YIMBY co-founder

^Compared to the rest of the city, it is pretty tall... same goes in Stockholm. 15-20s buildings got called skyscrapers here once.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe