HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
Thanks for your comments. I'm amazed that you live within a few miles of petroglyphs, that's really awesome! Maybe on our next road trip through AZ, we can check out some of those indigenous sites.
Thanks for those few pics! The Heard Museum is quite famous and interesting, you may or may not have known that a portion of the museum is actually a remaining portion of the historic Heard Mansion that was on the site.

Yes, the petroglyphs I live near in North Phoenix now has a small park/visitors center (Deer Valley Petroglyph Preserve).

Phoenix itself was named because an early leader felt the Town would spring from the ruins of the former indigenous civilization in the area. There are other official places, museums and sites within Phoenix that you may some day find interesting (Pueblo Grande Museum), not to mention others. Side note, one time I was doing some plantings at my old house in midtown Phoenix and I found a shard of old pottery (still have it). Your Tonto photos are amazing, I didn't realize you could go inside. One place I visited this year is Montezuma's Castle about 60 miles north of Phoenix. It is very interesting, however, you aren't allow to go in it anymore.

The places you ate near the recently gentrified area of Roosevelt are nice, but there are much more you may find more interesting. Although Phoenix seems to have destroyed a lot of its historic integrity in the name of progress (whereas Tucson hasn't and hasn't felt the economic pressure through the years to do so), there are still some nice spots you may like. I do feel Tucson is lucky to have been relatively more dormant through the years to keep what they have.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Thanks for those few pics! The Heard Museum is quite famous and interesting, you may or may not have known that a portion of the museum is actually a remaining portion of the historic Heard Mansion that was on the site.

Yes, the petroglyphs I live near in North Phoenix now has a small park/visitors center (Deer Valley Petroglyph Preserve).

Phoenix itself was named because an early leader felt the Town would spring from the ruins of the former indigenous civilization in the area. There are other official places, museums and sites within Phoenix that you may some day find interesting (Pueblo Grande Museum), not to mention others. Side note, one time I was doing some plantings at my old house in midtown Phoenix and I found a shard of old pottery (still have it). Your Tonto photos are amazing, I didn't realize you could go inside. One place I visited this year is Montezuma's Castle about 60 miles north of Phoenix. It is very interesting, however, you aren't allow to go in it anymore.

The places you ate near the recently gentrified area of Roosevelt are nice, but there are much more you may find more interesting. Although Phoenix seems to have destroyed a lot of its historic integrity in the name of progress (whereas Tucson hasn't and hasn't felt the economic pressure through the years to do so), there are still some nice spots you may like. I do feel Tucson is lucky to have been relatively more dormant through the years to keep what they have.
I did not know that part of the Heard Museum is actually a remaining portion of the Heard mansion; that's interesting. Montezuma's Castle looks really cool; it's sort of a shame that visitors can't enter it anymore.

Thanks for naming those indigenous sites in Phoenix. Whenever I get the opportunity, I'll check them out.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 9:29 PM

Wow, Miami does not look like it is well-loved!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos