HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 8:03 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading, Arch City. Thanks for posting these!

Old Posted May 13, 2011, 10:35 PM
Proud Homer!

NetZero Court

Plans are to construct a zero energy building in St. Louis' Midtown/CORTEX area designed by St. Louis-based H.O.K. architects.

After a yearlong research effort and virtual design exercise, an integrated design team, led by global architectural firm HOK and energy and daylighting consultant The Weidt Group, has determined that it is possible to create an economically priced, zero emissions Class A office building at a potential site in midtown St. Louis, Mo., for the *Net Zero Co2urt* project. (Source)

Specific design goals for Net Zero Co2urt included:

•150,00-200,000-sq.-ft. multi-tenant office building
•Affordable (10-year payback)
•Marketable
•Designed based on today’s technology, materials, systems and codes
•Flexible and adaptable
•Sustainable
•Use ‘Life’s Principles’ to inform design
•Compare to base case LEED-NC Certified building of similar size

Video Link

Link: NetZero Court

Old Posted May 13, 2011, 10:52 PM

How you doing Arch City? Haven't talked to you in awhile. I hope all is well mang! Thanks for keeping this thread going btw.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post

At $112 million, the for National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) will be located in North St. Louis County. The majority of NARA operations will relocate from the Federal Records Center at 9700 Page Avenue to the new North County facility, which will be the largest national archives facility outside of the greater Washington, D.C. area.

The first phase of the project is scheduled for completion fall of 2011 and will retain 800 jobs. NARA is a central repository of personnel-related records for both military and civil service employees.

$112 million investment
Retain 800 jobs
Scheduled for completion fall 2011
Largest national archives facility outside Washington, D.C.
My office is moving with NARA at the end of this month. Never knew it was a high-performance records center.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2011, 1:43 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
Here are photos of the Carondelet Park Recreation Complex completed in South St. Louis in November 2009. The $21-million, 75,000 sq. ft. complex building is Silver LEED Certified and includes:

Aquatic play structures and slides
Double gymnasium
Babysitting service
Locker rooms
Meeting spaces
Ares for seniors and teens
Outdoor pool
Aerobics training facility
Weight training facility
Elevated indoor running track
Indoor pool
Lazy river

Links:
More Photos #1
More Photos #2

Beautiful! - I love this building. especially the interior.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 11:07 PM

I have just done some catch-up reading here. Arch City, thanks for keeping this current.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2011, 4:06 AM

Hello St. Louis Forum

Hello all,

I am fairly new around the St. Louis forum. I've been living here in St. Louis for college and plan on staying here now that I've graduated. Because I went to SLU, I've been living in the Grand Center area which is exciting and frustrating in terms of an urban revitalization standpoint.
I'm fascinated by how much raw potential St. Louis has as an urban area and love to see reinvestment in the city. A quick bike ride around the area and a visit downtown means I have some pictures of various projects going on (some of which are already on here, some not). Here goes:

Mercantile Exchange development (Laurel Apartments)

Now:

Going to be:

Roberts Tower

Grand Center Arts Academy: lots of huge new windows. I am guessing its going to open in the fall.

UMSL Public Radio on Olive:

Now:

Going to be:

York House Apartments (right next to Chase Park Plaza)

Barnes Jewish Public Health Clinic tan and teal thing (surprise surprise):

Street front retail at Euclid and FoPark at the bottom of above:

from:http://nextstl.com/central-corridor/...retail-density

More updates to come!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 11:45 PM
Just win, Billikens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTwins View Post
Hello all,

I am fairly new around the St. Louis forum. I've been living here in St. Louis for college and plan on staying here now that I've graduated. Because I went to SLU, I've been living in the Grand Center area which is exciting and frustrating in terms of an urban revitalization standpoint.
I'm fascinated by how much raw potential St. Louis has as an urban area and love to see reinvestment in the city. A quick bike ride around the area and a visit downtown means I have some pictures of various projects going on (some of which are already on here, some not).
Well done, fellow Billiken. Congrats on making STL your home!

Old Posted Aug 9, 2011, 1:50 PM

Metropolitan Building

Finally, one of the eyesores of grand center is being renovated! There is currently a construction elevator on the outside and trash chutes have been erected. Construction workers are moving around quite a bit in the grand center area lately.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/col...9bb30f31a.html

70 artist lofts and hopefully ground floor retail of some kind. From someone who has lived in the grand center for 3 years, I think nothing would be better for that area than a small grocery store or walgreens/cvs. That would be the closest to SLU and the residents of grand center. There's too many pricey restaurants to be sustainable with the income of the residents (and students) that actually live in the area.

EDIT: I found a rendering of what the building is going to look like from the architect's facebook page. Its kind of fuzzy but from the looks of it, it has a retail structure and it looks like a parking entrance where there is currently just a parking lot (to the right of the building)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ype=1&theater#

Last edited by FrenchTwins; Aug 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 2:18 AM
Just win, Billikens.

Quote:
Finally, one of the eyesores of grand center is being renovated! There is currently a construction elevator on the outside and trash chutes have been erected. Construction workers are moving around quite a bit in the grand center area lately.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/col...9bb30f31a.html

70 artist lofts and hopefully ground floor retail of some kind. From someone who has lived in the grand center for 3 years, I think nothing would be better for that area than a small grocery store or walgreens/cvs. That would be the closest to SLU and the residents of grand center. There's too many pricey restaurants to be sustainable with the income of the residents (and students) that actually live in the area.

EDIT: I found a rendering of what the building is going to look like from the architect's facebook page. Its kind of fuzzy but from the looks of it, it has a retail structure and it looks like a parking entrance where there is currently just a parking lot (to the right of the building)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ype=1&theater#
Looks like a new, one-story infill building will go in between the Metropolitan and the Centene Center.

IIRC, back when I was a little kid, there used to be a Walgreens on Grand. I can't remember if it was in the Metropolitan or in some other building.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 4:37 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

^ the Metropolitan project is looking amazing! residential here is REALLY going to increase the level of activity in Grand Center and the Locust Ave Business District.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBaliviere View Post
Looks like a new, one-story infill building will go in between the Metropolitan and the Centene Center.

IIRC, back when I was a little kid, there used to be a Walgreens on Grand. I can't remember if it was in the Metropolitan or in some other building.
it was indeed in the Metropolitan, DeBaliviere. there's a great 1960 aerial shot of the intersection from the roof of the Continental Life Building -- showing a fully built-out intersection before SLU demolished the entire southern half -- on page 35 of Streets and Streetcars of St. Louis: A Sentimental Journal (highly recommended by the way). i much prefer Walgreen's vintage neon signs to the current strip mall du jour.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2011, 3:27 PM

Metropolitan Building

So I emailed the architectural firm to see if they have any better renderings and I got this higher resolution render of the metropolitan building. Also I gave the architect the link to this thread, so maybe some of our suggestions about the Walgreens will be heard by the movers and shakers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks to Ebersoldt and Associates!

Anybody have any other suggestions for the building? I am planning on keeping the email thread going.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 12:15 PM

Thanks, indeed. It's going to look great!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 4:24 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Quote:
Also I gave the architect the link to this thread, so maybe some of our suggestions about the Walgreens will be heard by the movers and shakers.
well, just to be clear i'd rather not see another Walgreen's at this intersection. pretty soon we're going to have nothing BUT Walgreen's, CVS, etc if they keep expanding at their current pace. the last thing we need is for CVS to come along and level some building a block away from this intersection in order to compete with a Walgreen's there (like they're trying to do on Lindell with the AAA building).

Old Posted Sep 24, 2011, 1:37 AM
Just win, Billikens.

82-unit apartment building planned for the DeBaliviere Place neighborhood just north of Forest Park. This project was originally announced back in 2008, but was shelved when the housing market went to hell.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 4:01 PM
Proud Homer!

Last year, the world-renown St. Louis Zoo kicked off a $120-million campaign called "The Living Promise", which goals are to build new and habitat-friendly exhibits for the zoo's animals and for visitors to have the ultimate zoo experience. One of the exhibits, The Sea Lion Sound, is already under construction and is set to open in 2012. See progress photos here.

To see a complete list of new exhibits in the works go to The Living Promise Campaign. Below are cool animated video renderings of some of the new exhibits proposed.

Video Link

Sea Lion Sound

Video Link

Polar Bear Point

Video Link

Grizzly Ridge

St. Louis Zoo plans new bear, sea lion exhibits
BY DIANE TOROIAN KEAGGY| STLtoday.com | Posted: Friday, June 4, 2010

St. Louis' animal kingdom is about to undergo some major renovations. The St. Louis Zoo plans to build new homes for its bears, sea lions, elephants and red pandas. The digs offer more space, bigger pools, shady trees and grassy lawns. The first project, Sea Lion Sound, is set to open in 2012 and will feature an underwater viewing tunnel, expanded saltwater pools and a new, 850-seat sea lion arena.

The new exhibits are part of "The Living Promise," the zoo's $120 million capital campaign. The money will also go toward new bathrooms, sewer and water lines, a maintenance facility and other infrastructure improvements as well as the zoo's growing endowment. The zoo already has raised some $74 million, including $5 million from Emerson — the single largest gift in zoo history. The zoo is continuing to seek money from corporations and individuals to meet its goal. Parking lot improvements and work on the elephant area are already under way.

(Read More)

Old Posted Oct 28, 2011, 12:17 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

^ i'm excited about the zoo improvements!!!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 9:32 PM
Proud Homer!

National Blues Museum

Here are new renderings for the National Blues Museum planned for downtown St. Louis. Already lots of money has been raised for the museum, which is being billed as 'world class'. It will be one of the largest museums dedicated to Blues music and education. Numerous fundraising events, grants and donations (including from yours truly) have raised money with proceeds going towards construction as well as museum educational programs. Memphis is planning a $3-million, 10,000 square foot Blues Hall of Fame and Museum.

Robert Santelli, who has been involved with numerous music museums including the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles, Seattle Music Experience Project and Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, is a volunteer consultant on the The National Blues Museum project. (Source)

National Blues Museum by the numbers
-Cost, nearly $13-million dollars
-25,000 square feet
-Many technology and artifact-driven exhibits
-100-seat auditorium
-A film theater
-Event space
-Located in downtown St. Louis
-Planned opening 2013

In addition, the National Blues Museum will offer a variety of public programs including acoustic performances, lectures, screenings of documentaries/films, and Q&A sessions with national artists and music industry professionals. The facility’s educational programming will include onsite and in-classroom opportunities to explore the history of Blues music and its influence on rock and roll, hip hop, jazz, gospel, and R&B. (Source)

Links:
National Blues Museum
Facebook
Twitter
Memphis Commercial Appeal: Museum for blues on move in St. Louis

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 10:05 PM
Proud Homer!

The Streets of St. Charles

Cullinan Properties Ltd. is finally developing a highly visible piece of land - just off Interstate 70 - in suburban St. Charles. The mixed-use project is called, The Streets of St. Charles. Total planned buildout of the development is over one million square feet. Phase I , which is under construction, includes a 100,000 square foot office building and a luxury apartment building with nearly 600 units with retail. Located in St. Charles, Mo. on South Fifth Street at the I-70 interchange, the first phase is on target for a 2012 opening. Tenants with signed leases thus far are Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Wamhoff Financial Planning and Accounting Services, Brown Smith Wallace and MassageLuxe.

Also in 2012, construction will commence on a 1,000-space parking garage.

Below is the promo video with cool @ss aerials of metro St. Louis.

Video Link

Phase I renderings

Last edited by Arch City; Nov 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2011, 4:02 AM

^This thread is about St. Louis development

But seriously though, why wouldn't the people that would want to live here just live in the actual city? I don't get this trend of development. It annoys me very much as an urban dweler.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations