HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 2:59 AM

"Bummer. One of my favorites. I hope they are able to find another location near by."
This is exactly why, a year or two ago, I posted about the importance of having warehouse-type development that isnt always thrown to the outskirts of the metro area. At that time people thought I was crazy for not wanting every warehouse to be replaced with VMU. Granted my main argument was that the service companies in the warehouses now should be close to the residential and commercial areas they service (less travel, more efficient, etc) but this is also a great example of the kinds of businesses we lose by getting rid of this type of development. The creative companies that make a community something more than just a cookie cutter "everything new" city need places like this.
But, alas, me bemoaning this won't change anything. Frankly if everyone on here agreed with me, it wouldnt matter either. The mighty dollar rules all and you cant tell someone not to cash in on hot real estate.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 5:06 PM

Item 40 in the next council meeting proposes bumping up the height limit in North Burnet Gateway (CMU-gateway zoning). To 420 feet with a maximum FAR of 12:1

https://www.austintexas.gov/departme...220519-reg.htm

I'm all for it, but it would leave things in the strange situation of the TOD zones being shorter. They should bump those up as well.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 5:40 PM

This is obviously a good change. I can see a future where the NBG area looks like Houston's Uptown, with dozens of towers in the 2-400' range and a few standouts poking above.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Item 40 in the next council meeting proposes bumping up the height limit in North Burnet Gateway (CMU-gateway zoning). To 420 feet with a maximum FAR of 12:1

https://www.austintexas.gov/departme...220519-reg.htm

I'm all for it, but it would leave things in the strange situation of the TOD zones being shorter. They should bump those up as well.
They should also expand the TOD zones to take in the area surrounding the McKalla Station.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin