HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7341  
Old Posted May 17, 2022, 8:05 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 27,871
This was just posted on the Colliers East Facebook page:

Quote:
Granite Centre is feeling excited at Granite Centre.
1h · Moncton, NB ·

We are very excited to confirm that three new tenants have been confirmed for @granitecentremoncton!

A new building construction is planned for Fall 2022, and is already completely pre-leased with three different brands. Can you guys guess who these new members of the Granite Centre family will be?

Or, let us know who you would love to see join the ranks of the prominent brands already calling this site home?

We want to hear from you, so drop your comments below, and stay tuned for updates!

Congrats to Colliers East and The Gray Group Inc.
I presume the building they are referring to which is now completely preleased, and will be constructed this fall will be Plaza Six (right next to Plaza Five).



The site plan shows six CRUs in this building. If it is fully preleased, then this would mean that some of these CRUs will have to be combined, meaning at least a couple of these retailers will be larger sized ones.

As for tenants, I am certain that the CRU on the right hand side of the building, adjacent to that little plaza right across from Wing'n It will be another restaurant. So, I am going out on a limb predicting either BarBurrito or Five Guys.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7342  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 12:38 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 27,871
I just received a tip from an informant claiming that BarBurrito is destined for the Plaza Boulevard Centre, in the last vacant CRU, next to Mathnasium.

If true, this does not preclude a BarBurrito in the Granite Centre, since the company has already announced they are interested in having two Moncton locations. Also, the new plaza in the Granite Centre will not be ready until next summer at the very earliest, so they could do the Plaza Boulevard Centre location first.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7343  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 9:57 AM
Feneant Feneant is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I just received a tip from an informant claiming that BarBurrito is destined for the Plaza Boulevard Centre, in the last vacant CRU, next to Mathnasium.

If true, this does not preclude a BarBurrito in the Granite Centre, since the company has already announced they are interested in having two Moncton locations. Also, the new plaza in the Granite Centre will not be ready until next summer at the very earliest, so they could do the Plaza Boulevard Centre location first.
Does Moncton really like it's burritos that much? Granite can't be cheap to rent and I hardly ever see anyone at either Guacamole's locations where it seems like every 2nd new fast casual place that opens in moncton is a burrito joint.

I'm going to call it now, that bubble will burst and within 2 years they will be mostly gone.

As to granite, my guess is something like Cora's or Pur&Simple.

Last edited by Feneant; May 18, 2022 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7344  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 10:17 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 27,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
As to granite, my guess is something like Cora's or Pur&Simple.
Someone who is in the know has told a reliable source that all three new businesses going into this new plaza will be “new to market” and unique. The source however refused to name names.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7345  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 1:36 PM
drewber drewber is offline
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dieppe, NB
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Does Moncton really like it's burritos that much? Granite can't be cheap to rent and I hardly ever see anyone at either Guacamole's locations where it seems like every 2nd new fast casual place that opens in moncton is a burrito joint.

I'm going to call it now, that bubble will burst and within 2 years they will be mostly gone.

As to granite, my guess is something like Cora's or Pur&Simple.
They sell more than burritos and Quesada in Dieppe is always packed whenever I go there. Guacamole has 4 locations in the city so they must be doing something right. I think a barburrito or two won't tank the entire fast Mexican bubble.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7346  
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:00 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 27,871
There's carnage going on right now for almost every Source location in NB. Many of them have been closed without notice. This apparently includes the Wheeler Park store. The CF Champlain location is still safe (for now).

While almost all retail plazas in metro Moncton are healthy (or expanding), Wheeler Park is looking more and more distressed all the time. Choice REIT (the owners) seem to be disinterested in this property. Perhaps new ownership should be in order...........
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7347  
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:09 AM
JonHiseler JonHiseler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Annapolis Valley
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There's carnage going on right now for almost every Source location in NB. Many of them have been closed without notice. This apparently includes the Wheeler Park store. The CF Champlain location is still safe (for now).

While almost all retail plazas in metro Moncton are healthy (or expanding), Wheeler Park is looking more and more distressed all the time. Choice REIT (the owners) seem to be disinterested in this property. Perhaps new ownership should be in order...........
Same thing has been happening to a bunch of them in Nova Scotia. Only time I've ever seen them busy is during the Christmas shopping season. I suppose it was only a matter of time before this occurred.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7348  
Old Posted May 21, 2022, 3:38 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 27,871
Charmed Aroma is now open at CF Champlain.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:01 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.