HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 8:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This was just posted on the Colliers East Facebook page:

Quote:
Granite Centre is feeling excited at Granite Centre.
1h · Moncton, NB ·

We are very excited to confirm that three new tenants have been confirmed for @granitecentremoncton!

A new building construction is planned for Fall 2022, and is already completely pre-leased with three different brands. Can you guys guess who these new members of the Granite Centre family will be?

Or, let us know who you would love to see join the ranks of the prominent brands already calling this site home?

We want to hear from you, so drop your comments below, and stay tuned for updates!

Congrats to Colliers East and The Gray Group Inc.
I presume the building they are referring to which is now completely preleased, and will be constructed this fall will be Plaza Six (right next to Plaza Five).

The site plan shows six CRUs in this building. If it is fully preleased, then this would mean that some of these CRUs will have to be combined, meaning at least a couple of these retailers will be larger sized ones.

As for tenants, I am certain that the CRU on the right hand side of the building, adjacent to that little plaza right across from Wing'n It will be another restaurant. So, I am going out on a limb predicting either BarBurrito or Five Guys.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 12:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I just received a tip from an informant claiming that BarBurrito is destined for the Plaza Boulevard Centre, in the last vacant CRU, next to Mathnasium.

If true, this does not preclude a BarBurrito in the Granite Centre, since the company has already announced they are interested in having two Moncton locations. Also, the new plaza in the Granite Centre will not be ready until next summer at the very earliest, so they could do the Plaza Boulevard Centre location first.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I just received a tip from an informant claiming that BarBurrito is destined for the Plaza Boulevard Centre, in the last vacant CRU, next to Mathnasium.

If true, this does not preclude a BarBurrito in the Granite Centre, since the company has already announced they are interested in having two Moncton locations. Also, the new plaza in the Granite Centre will not be ready until next summer at the very earliest, so they could do the Plaza Boulevard Centre location first.
Does Moncton really like it's burritos that much? Granite can't be cheap to rent and I hardly ever see anyone at either Guacamole's locations where it seems like every 2nd new fast casual place that opens in moncton is a burrito joint.

I'm going to call it now, that bubble will burst and within 2 years they will be mostly gone.

As to granite, my guess is something like Cora's or Pur&Simple.

Last edited by Feneant; May 18, 2022 at 10:09 AM.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 10:17 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Someone who is in the know has told a reliable source that all three new businesses going into this new plaza will be “new to market” and unique. The source however refused to name names.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 1:36 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Does Moncton really like it's burritos that much? Granite can't be cheap to rent and I hardly ever see anyone at either Guacamole's locations where it seems like every 2nd new fast casual place that opens in moncton is a burrito joint.

I'm going to call it now, that bubble will burst and within 2 years they will be mostly gone.

They sell more than burritos and Quesada in Dieppe is always packed whenever I go there. Guacamole has 4 locations in the city so they must be doing something right. I think a barburrito or two won't tank the entire fast Mexican bubble.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's carnage going on right now for almost every Source location in NB. Many of them have been closed without notice. This apparently includes the Wheeler Park store. The CF Champlain location is still safe (for now).

While almost all retail plazas in metro Moncton are healthy (or expanding), Wheeler Park is looking more and more distressed all the time. Choice REIT (the owners) seem to be disinterested in this property. Perhaps new ownership should be in order...........

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There's carnage going on right now for almost every Source location in NB. Many of them have been closed without notice. This apparently includes the Wheeler Park store. The CF Champlain location is still safe (for now).

While almost all retail plazas in metro Moncton are healthy (or expanding), Wheeler Park is looking more and more distressed all the time. Choice REIT (the owners) seem to be disinterested in this property. Perhaps new ownership should be in order...........
Same thing has been happening to a bunch of them in Nova Scotia. Only time I've ever seen them busy is during the Christmas shopping season. I suppose it was only a matter of time before this occurred.

Old Posted May 21, 2022, 3:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Charmed Aroma is now open at CF Champlain.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces