HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
Vorkuta, if you see this the outdoor web cam is stuck again... started Wednesday morning.
Should be back up now.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 8:42 PM

the Highfield St extension (or whatever you call it) is paved and it appears the chain link fence is gone.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 11:47 AM

Me bad, The CHAIN LINK fence is back on highfield ST. extension. It was only taken down, to pave the road into the Centre.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 7:45 PM

I noticed this on the Monthly update for the new arena today..
Quote:
4) Both the plaza and the building have exterior programable RGB (colored) lights that can be programmed on an event basis.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 7:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The plaza in front of the events centre is truly going to be a major focus for the downtown core of the city. Between this and Downing Street, it's pretty clear that the city planning department really has a vision on what the future of the downtown should be.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The plaza in front of the events centre is truly going to be a major focus for the downtown core of the city. Between this and Downing Street, it's pretty clear that the city planning department really has a vision on what the future of the downtown should be.
I wonder if they plan on ultimately expanding that colour of brick to replace the current red brick?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 4:31 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here are a few new pictures from the city of Moncton website.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 1:33 PM

Pictures look great of the new arena. Just a couple of observations:

It looks like they cheaped out and went with hard plastic polymer seats.

This appears to be the seat model: http://www.centaurproducts.com/spect...-fixed/patriot

Scotiabank Centre for comparison:

Place Bell Laval

The other thing I noticed is the large number of seats at the ends (behind the hockey nets) of the arena as oppose to the sides. When watching hockey the sides are the preferred seats as they are closer to the action at both ends of the rink.

Again the new Bell Place in Laval and the Scotiabank Centre have a larger number of seats on the side:

Scotiabank Centre

Place Bell Laval

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Agree with your comments about the seating.

All I can say is that Haligonians have very delicate posteriors, hence the need for padded seats. Monctonians on the other hand are more sturdy rural folk, and can make do with a stump in the woods to sit on.

The current coliseum has plastic seats in the lower bowl, and wooden seats in the upper bowl. The seats in the new events centre will be a step upwards (especially since they are extra wide).

The one thing that concerns me most is that I don't see any cup holders yet. I hope these weren't sacrificed on the alter of fiscal expediency........

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:33 PM

I was just about to add that I didn't see cup holders. It appears rear mounted cupholders were an option with that seat model.

I just remember the Metro Centre's original seats had padding in the lower bowl, and hard plastic in the upper bowl. You noticed the difference especially if the game went to overtime in the playoffs.

I know they mentioned that all the new seats (upper and lower bowl) in the Scotiabank Centre are the same as the best seats in NHL arenas, including MSG in New York.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:38 PM

Was gonna post the same thing hehe

Those seats looks really stiff.

I went to the Cohen tribute last night at the Bell Centre, and even with padding, I was glad to stand up after 1h30.

I bet you'll see a lot of foot traffic between Wildcats period. Not necessarily to get food/drink, but just to walk around.

Also with the few skyboxes they had (compared to Halifax and Laval), they should have put it on the other side to get some at the end of the rink on the other side of the big glass window.

Depending of the concert setup, a lot of them will become unusable, almost half of it if it's half rink.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:53 PM

Atleast we finally have a new arena, down the road they can always purchase better seats, without having to do a wide scale arena upgrade.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 3:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Atleast we finally have a new arena, down the road they can always purchase better seats, without having to do a wide scale arena upgrade.
Probably would be 20 years down the road, but yes........

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 3:15 PM

I am severely disappointed with those plastic seats, especially with no f-in cup holders. WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING?

They have completely lost me as a potential new Wild Cats season ticket holder.

My biggest fear did come true. I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, or at the start of this new project discussion, and said something like "I hope they don't go cheap on the seating".

Here we go...thousands of complaints on the Mayor's desk after opening night. Dawn later in the day says to the centre's manager, "Can you get Johnny to install 8000 cup holders in the back of every seat, and have it done before the weekend? Looks like we f-ed up". "And while you're at it, have Mary install a booth at the entrance and sell seat cushions for $10".

I guess it's a wait & see until my first sit down experience, I really really hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 3:40 PM

So from reading on the site q12 posted, they have cup holders on the back of every seat, they come with low voltage aisle lights, and a few other things... The seats in also have the option to add semi upholstered back rest and seat. So they can easily add that.

So all seats are supposed to come with cup holders, though I do not see them.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 4:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good to know.

I sincerely hope that the cup holders will be added when seat installation is complete. They are probably an accessory that can easily be snapped in. If they didn't opt for cup holders, this would be a serious faux pas.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
So from reading on the site q12 posted, they have cup holders on the back of every seat, they come with low voltage aisle lights, and a few other things... The seats in also have the option to add semi upholstered back rest and seat. So they can easily add that.

So all seats are supposed to come with cup holders, though I do not see them.
Do you suppose that these options have already been ordered but not yet installed??? Could be..... I certainly hope so as the way they look now, they are really cheap!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
Do you suppose that these options have already been ordered but not yet installed??? Could be..... I certainly hope so as the way they look now, they are really cheap!

This graphic on the Wildcats website would seem to imply the regular seats will not have any padding. The cupholder part isn't clear though, as it would be installed on the back of the seat. I would be absolutely shocked that they would not have cupholders...so im not reacting to this one just yet.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2017, 1:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

So the club seats will be cushioned (and will be a full inch wider).

I thing we might have a class war on our hands here!

Now, all we have to find out about is the cup holders.........

Old Posted Nov 8, 2017, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

So the club seats will be cushioned (and will be a full inch wider).

I thing we might have a class war on our hands here!

Now, all we have to find out about is the cup holders.........

I think we will all survive with the seats, I’m also sure there will be cup holders, it would be odd to skip out on something like that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces