HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
you can always get something more tasteful for less money, such as this early 20th century charmer (and you even get a small yard):

$1,525,000
4326 N Winchester Ave, Chicago, IL
6 be d |5 bath | 4,500 sqft

zillow link: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...70224316_zpid/

Oh yes, this is a much nicer one. And I realize that these Chicago SFHs also have basements, so this really is more bang for your buck. 1.5+ million, wow, that's a bargain for so much house.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 12:20 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
1.5+ million, wow, that's a bargain for so much house.
Uh oh!

You just used a no-no word.... do you know what you've done?

You have just unknowingly summoned "The Crawford".

It will be pouncing upon your post in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 2:27 AM
devout Pizzatarian

This thread has been mostly focusing on upper bracket stuff, which can certainly be fun to ogle, but I'm actually more interested in "regular people" real estate.

Here's a pretty nice 2 bed | 2 bath | 1,200 SF condo in a beautiful vintage 12-unit corner apartment building at the end of our block that just came onto the market a couple of days ago.

No parking, but it's only a 2 minute walk to the local el stop and two major CTA bus lines, and a 5 minute walk to the retail heart of Lincoln Square, so car-free would not be out of the question.

$345,000
2502 W Eastwood #2W, Chicago, IL
2 bed | 2 bath | 1,200 SF

Zillow link: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...73729015_zpid/

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jul 23, 2021 at 5:41 PM.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 2:46 AM

That is indeed nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
This thread has been mostly focusing on upper bracket stuff, which can certainly be fun to ogle, but I'm actually more interested in "regular people" real estate.
I'm actually more interested in "regular people" real estate too, but most of the "regular" stuff that I was posting in my area, or at least stuff that I THINK should be regular, is way overpriced; I kinda wanted to show the ridiculousness of the real estate prices where I live. The mansion stuff can be interesting to look at, but rich folk will be living like rich folk, of course they'll have big crap (with varying degrees of taste, but of course taste is subjective). I didn't want to glorify their abodes, but I wanted to show the ridiculousness of what their homes cost.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 3:43 AM
Pay it Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
Speaking of new construction, check out Shia LaBeouf's new Pasadena home, built in 2019 but he bought it in 2020.

From velvetropes.com:

4 bedrooms • 5 bathrooms • 4137 sq/ft
Price: 5.5M (sold in 2020)
Valued: 5.5M

Edit: Actually according to Zillow, it's worth about $6.607 million right now.

Link: https://www.velvetropes.com/celebrit...3/shia-labeouf

It's near Caltech; I know the address, and you can look it up, but I won't disclose it. I've driven by the house, it's in a very nice neighborhood. Meryl Streep and Kristen Wiig also have nice homes in Pasadena (mid-Century ones); I've never seen them around town, though, so maybe they just own the properties and don't actually live here. I think Oscar de la Hoya still lives in Pasadena, I used to see him around Old Town Pasadena, I've even seen him inside Burke Williams.
This literally looks like a house youd find in Piedmont. I wonder if your area and my area were developed around the same time?

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions