HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Jul 26, 2005, 4:57 PM
Bamboo Tiger

They're easy to confuse. Your friend is correct that the arena is just about completed....... and I think it looks fantastic!

Old Posted Jul 27, 2005, 4:23 AM

i must say the interior looks a lot better than i imagined
thx for the pic

finally taipei has some decent indoor arean for concerts and sports!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2005, 3:54 PM
Bamboo Tiger

Here's a link to the Kaohsiung Stadium Competition website:
http://worldgames2009stadium.com.tw/

Last edited by Coyett; Aug 6, 2005 at 4:11 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2005, 1:38 PM
Utopia Society

i think the site is still under construction

Old Posted Aug 20, 2005, 12:25 PM
Bamboo Tiger

The controversial FG/HOK design for the Taipei Dome:

Original design:

more info on the battle can be found here - http://www.farglory.com.tw/Sale/d1.htm

Last edited by Coyett; Aug 21, 2005 at 5:55 AM.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2005, 10:40 AM

北市府近期宣布 台北巨蛋流標

■ 記者楊文琪/台北報導

台北巨蛋BOT案恐將二度公告招標。

台北巨蛋籌備處昨(23)日指出,遠雄提送的日本竹中工務店等協力廠商合作意願書,是在退出遠雄團隊前的文件,不符規定。因此,全案已呈報公文給台北市長馬英九,待完成行政程序後,將回函告知遠雄,並宣布流標,擇期辦理第二次公告招標作業。

對於市政府的決定,遠雄公共事務室協理蔡宗易認為,市府對竹中工務店退出遠雄團隊的認定,是依「事實」行事,並非「依法」做為。因此,待收到市府正式公文後,遠雄會提出因應策略。

蔡宗易強調,竹中工務店同意參加台北巨蛋興建團隊的合作意願書,是經過我駐日代表處和日本東京法務局的公證,具有法律效力。現在市府以「全天下都知道竹中工務店退出遠雄團隊」的事實,來否定法律效力,根本就是運用行政權干擾此案推動的做法。

他進一步指出,遠雄已決定採行政救濟與循法律途徑雙管齊下來維護自身權益。在行政救濟方面,上月底已對甄審委員會做出不同意遠雄變更協力廠商的決議,提送異議書給市府;循法律途徑部分,則等市府正式宣布流標、重新公告時,再依法提出。

台北巨蛋籌備處官員表示,22日下午遠雄提送的協力廠商日本竹中工務店合作意願書,是在其退出團隊成員前的文件,但甄審委員會要求的是新的合作意願書,以證明竹中仍願意與遠雄合作,及符合甄審委員會要求「找回原協力廠商」的決議。

官員說,22日是遠雄提送文件的最後期限,現在時間已到,不會再通知遠雄補件。昨天,巨蛋籌備處已把此案公文簽報給市長,待市長批示後,即會正式發文給遠雄告知此案流標,並依規定來領回繳交的3,000萬元押標金。

至於第二次招標時間,相關官員表示,在完成招標規範檢討後,可於一至二個月內公告,所以推估第二次公告招標時間最快在10月中旬左右。

【2005/08/24 經濟日報】

Old Posted Aug 26, 2005, 4:05 AM
ùH

Taipei Dome

yap! And I heard that this action will further delay project completion for another 4~5 years!!!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2005, 4:38 AM
ùH

Taipei "Arena"

Old Posted Aug 29, 2005, 6:56 PM

Ice-skating rink to open next month

Figure skater Chang Chiung-wen yesterday performs at the new ice-skating rink of the Taipei Arena, known as the Little Dome. The dome is set to open to the public on a trial basis starting September.
PHOTO: CHEN TSE-MING, TAIPEI TIMES
The nation's first world-class ice-skating rink will open next month for a trial period, the Taipei City Public Works Department Commissioner William Chen (陳威仁) said during an inspection of the construction site yesterday.

The new rink is part of the Taipei Arena, known as the Little Dome, located in downtown Taipei.

The dome is set to open on a trial basis starting next month. If everything runs smoothly, the facility will officially open on Dec. 1.

The rink consists of two major parts: the main field and a sub-field.

For the former, the gymnasium of the multi-functional dome will serve as a rink and be covered with ice when needed for skating. [b]The sub-field is a smaller field that will be covered by ice all year round.

The department is scheduled to hold a ceremony next Tuesday to celebrate the completion of the rink. Taipei Mayor Ma Ying-jeou (馬英九) will personally attend the ceremony. He inspected the site last month, saying he had high hopes for it.

Some professional skaters from the Chinese Taipei Skating Union (中華民國滑冰協會) were invited to skate two days ago, and said they were pleased with the results.

The city is planning to host several Asian ice-skating competitions at the rink later this year. The dome will also be able to host ice hockey and other winter games by adjusting the hardness of the ice.

The dome has 10,000 seats, which can be expanded up to 15,000 seats if necessary. It will be able to accommodate sporting events, concerts, exhibitions, and other large activities.

The dome has two underground and five above ground floors, with a total space of 88,000m2. The rink itself is 1,800m2.

According to the ETTV Group (東森集團), which will be in charge of the operation of the rink, ticket prices have not been decided. But some reports say that skaters can expect to pay between NT$200 and NT$300 per person for entry to the rink.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2005, 6:58 PM

i thought this dome is supposed to have 30,000 seats?

and how does a tropical island even have figure skaters? i didn't think taiwan even had ice skating rinks.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2005, 1:13 PM
中華愛國者

Why can't a tropical island have figure skaters? Indoor ice skating rinks are common throughout the whole world.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2005, 2:01 PM
Utopia Society

isn't taiwan a sub-tropical island?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2005, 2:08 PM
Bamboo Tiger

The photos posted by Kidd are of the Taipei Arena....the local "journalists" often mistakenly refer to the building in English as the dome...which it clearly is not. This building has a capacity for only 15,000 people and is located at the corner of Dunhua and Nanjing. Now, the Taipei dome is a completely different project across town on the site of the old Sungshan opium factory. It WILL BE a multi-use baseball stadium with a capacity of over 30,000. The project was originally awarded to the Far Glory Group but city politics have stalled it at the proposal stage.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2005, 10:55 PM

ya i know they were referring to the taipei arena. i actually saw it in taipei in january. i thought it was 30,000 seating. 10-15,000 is small. i still don't get why taiwan doesn't have at least one big stadium with 50,000+ seating and places like hong kong with smaller population has 80,000 seat stadiums. how does taiwan expect to host international sporting events with only 15,000 or 30,000 seat stadiums? olympic stadiums are at least 50-60,000 seats and that's smalll compared to new ones being built around the world that can fit 80-100,000 seats.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2005, 4:51 AM
Bamboo Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal
ya i know they were referring to the taipei arena. i actually saw it in taipei in january. i thought it was 30,000 seating. 10-15,000 is small. i still don't get why taiwan doesn't have at least one big stadium with 50,000+ seating and places like hong kong with smaller population has 80,000 seat stadiums.
The largest stadium in Hong Kong only has a capacity of 40,000. Moreover, the HK Coliseum (indoor) is even smaller than the Taipei Arena...capacity 12,500.

I think this is a better comparison:

Beijing 2008 venue for basketball = 20,000 capacity

Taipei Arena =15,000 capacity

Old Posted Sep 5, 2005, 4:47 AM

that's a nice model. looks fun to build.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2005, 9:55 PM
ùH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal
that's a nice model. looks fun to build.
That graphic model one is completed (~15,000)

It is the Taipei Dome (baseball) with ~40,000 capacity that has yet to begin the construction.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2005, 10:06 PM
ùH

斗六棒球場 Douliou baseball stadium

雲林斗六棒球場啟用 全台第二大
【民視

雲林斗六的職棒迷, 終於看球不必南北奔波, 朱丹灣棒球場傍晚由陳水扁總統主持啟用典禮, 職棒首戰就由誠泰Cobras對上興農牛(新聞、網站), 吸引上萬名球迷到現場欣賞球賽, 其中有許多是第一次到現場看球賽的球迷, 不過也因為人潮眾多, 場面顯得有些混亂台灣第二大的雲林斗六朱丹灣棒球場, 今天傍晚由陳水扁總統主持啟用典禮, 在上萬名觀眾的見證下正式啟用, 日前的簽賭案風波平息, 如今斗六棒球場啟用, 陳總統希望已經十六歲的中華職棒(新聞、網站)能夠有所成長[[so]]斗六朱丹灣棒球場擁有一萬五千名座位, 設備新穎, 開幕第一戰由誠泰出戰興農牛, 吸引近萬名球迷入場, 美中不足的是, 球場入口進行安檢, 讓球迷感到不耐煩, 不過球迷對斗六球場還是很滿意[[so]]斗六朱丹灣球場的啟用, 不只讓球迷不用南北奔波到其他縣市看球, 職棒或其他球賽的舉行, 也將間接帶動起當地的棒球風潮

------------------------------------------

Taiwan's newest and 2nd largest baseball stadium made its debut today in Douliou of Yunlin county. With capacity of 15,000.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2005, 9:22 AM
ùH

Taipei Culture University - Blue little dome

亞洲最高小巨蛋 台北文化大學藍色巨蛋月底完工

大台北區體育設施頻頻落成,南京東路「小巨蛋」九月初試營運,台北市又有一萬多人體育館。好事接二連三,在陽明山上的文化大學體育館本月底也要峻工,趕在開學前啟用,一個月內,北市區多了兩顆巨蛋級體育館。

在台北市北區,從任何一個角落抬頭北望,都可看到七星山系文化大學黃色尖樓旁,巍然聳立了一幢十層樓高的藍色巨蛋,在天母運動園區更容易辨識這顆蘊涵無數運動能量的體育館,有人說它像燈籠,有人說它像飛碟,它肯定成為陽明山的新地標。

這是文化大學為紀念創校43年,斥資23億元蓋出的遠東地區大學裡最大的體育館。過去位在海拔三百多公尺的文化大學被稱為「最高學府」,這顆巨蛋落成後,將是亞洲地區「最高」的巨蛋,從十層樓高的蛋頂室外餐廳,往南俯瞰台北盆地,淡水河一衣帶水,101大樓和新光大樓如兩支尖筍,傍晚時分滿天紅霞,清風夜裡滿天星斗,體育之外,還帶來些許靈氣。

文化大學為我國培養許多運動明星,經常在國際比賽斬金奪銀,四個體育系所外今年起還可授博士學位。新的體育館是熱愛運動的董事長張鏡湖對台灣體育的奉獻,1萬7520坪樓板,讓這個多功能體育館有如一座體育城,像台大體育館的樓板就有兩層,可同時進行四場網球賽,或四場籃球賽,外帶九千人座位。從地下樓到頂樓,可同時讓一萬人從事

Multi-purpose athletic dome, highest located dome in Asia, located at TCU's campus site (over 300 Meter above the sea level).

However, I like the new NTU athletic dome better!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2005, 10:26 AM

i support that taiwan needs more indoor arenas and domes but i dun think build one on the top of the hill is a good idea...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan