HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 6:58 AM
BANNED

That is true. Delta is simply adding seats and replacing smaller aircraft with larger ones out of SLC. My opinion and what I am looking at is down the road in about 15 years or so. Obviously Delta isn't going to dehub within the next 1-12 years (the time between now and when the new terminal will be built). I believe Delta would not make that big of a commitment to an airport to only drastically downsize it or dehub it. I am sure they have, and are still learning that lesson, thanks to Cincinnati.

If you look at the history of the US aviation industry, mergers and buyouts happen every 15-20 years between the major airlines. I personally think that around 2030, the US will have even less airlines. By that time Delta could have a full on hub in Seattle thanks to Alaska Airlines or by their own personal growth. SLC, SEA, and DEN are going to see major changes when it comes to hub status and what airlines actually call those airports hubs.

I am not calling anyone a liar. Duh.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
Trust me, I work for Delta here in their SLC office. I am working close to the Delta buildup in SEA and I am also well informed with what Delta truly has in mind for SLC in the future.
The old saying remains true...

Those who know, don't speak. And those who speak don't know.

Plaid, as much as I appreciate the dialogue and your "two sides to every story" bit, you're bordering on troll territory and you clearly have an agenda to deliver here that no one is buying.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 7:09 AM

Well for being someone who tends to look much further into the future in the airline industry, you seem to be looking way too near-term for this new venture in Seattle. Much of which is just in the planning stages (most of the flights haven't even commenced yet and haven't proven they will be succesful). You seem very quick and keen on its success and at SLC's disadvantage theory.

I am not against Delta developing a hub in Seattle. But they haven't even done it yet. Most of these routes/flights haven't even started yet and it is too early to say if they will be successful or not. Even if they are successful in developing a a Seattle hub, SLC and SEA could operate separately as hubs just fine.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 7:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy414 View Post
Well for being someone who tends to look much further into the future in the airline industry, you seem to be looking way too near-term for this new venture in Seattle. Much of which is just in the planning stages (most of the flights haven't even commenced yet and haven't proven they will be succesful). You seem very quick and keen on its success and at SLC's disadvantage theory.

I am not against Delta developing a hub in Seattle. But they haven't even done it yet. Most of these routes/flights haven't even started yet and it is too early to say if they will be successful or not. Even if they are successful in developing a a Seattle hub, SLC and SEA could operate separately as hubs just fine.
Well I apologize if you feel that way. I am completely done with this forum. It is nothing but drama and people getting butt hurt with whatever I say.

Adios, you all! #richardnixon

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 7:25 AM

Best Day Ever!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 7:26 AM

Quote:
I am completely done with this forum. It is nothing but drama and people getting butt hurt with whatever I say.

Don't feed the troll.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 7:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiny View Post
Don't feed the troll.
My reign of terror is officially over.

It was real ya'll, but not real fun.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 1:37 PM

fireworks................................................................................................................................................................................................ fireworks

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 3:06 PM

SkyGuy,

Thanks for the information. Good to know that work is progressing behind the scenes, even if we can't see it from here.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 3:15 PM
Development Junkie

Quote:

#SighOfRelief

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 7:48 AM

^^^ This is inappropriate.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 8:05 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Starting to see more trailers getting set up. There's a 5-wide being place together with a few single/smaller trailers around the bigger one. Not too big of news, but just trying to get this thread back on track.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 8:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Starting to see more trailers getting set up. There's a 5-wide being place together with a few single/smaller trailers around the bigger one. Not too big of news, but just trying to get this thread back on track.
Cool! Thanks for the update.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 3:21 PM
Development Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
^^^ This is inappropriate.
What makes you the "appropriateness police?"

I'm all for the correcting of misinformation—even praising what other regions do well. But I am relieved that the "devil's advocate" has decided to withdraw.

Plaid Shirts had negative responses to nearly everything that was positively mentioned about Salt Lake City and related threads. Every region has rival regions that are both inferior and superior in one way or another; we know that. It was really annoying that he was blatantly outspoken about his negativity towards anything within. His comments rarely added anything to the conversations.

The Plaid Shirts profile seemed to be a mole from another region or an individual(s) from profile(s) past that were banned from the forum for similar antagonistic behaviors.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
What makes you the "appropriateness police?"

I'm all for the correcting of misinformation—even praising what other regions do well. But I am relieved that the "devil's advocate" has decided to withdraw.

Plaid Shirts had negative responses to nearly everything that was positively mentioned about Salt Lake City and related threads. Every region has rival regions that are both inferior and superior in one way or another; we know that. It was really annoying that he was blatantly outspoken about his negativity towards anything within. His comments rarely added anything to the conversations.

The Plaid Shirts profile seemed to be a mole from another region or an individual(s) from profile(s) past that were banned from the forum for similar antagonistic behaviors.
I second this

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 3:41 PM

He was a troll. Simple as that, left on his own accord.

We all have the pleasure of moving on.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 7:41 PM
Exit 298

Back on topic:

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 7:43 PM
BANNED

^^^

Yes, let's get back on topic.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215 View Post
Back on topic:
So about that Golf Course. How long till it becomes a parking lot.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20224380

Old Posted Mar 25, 2014, 1:04 AM
Exit 298

I haven't seen any plans to adjust the parking lot much in the plans. The new garage is huge, and will handle all the short-term (and I imagine a lot of the long-term). I'd think they'd just expand the garage before they'd pave outside the ring road.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West