HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
It's been pretty well established this project is underway now, but here's the official press. Unfortunately, no mention of a hotel component.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...d-in-rino.html
Including this one when was the last time that 2 of the 4 new projects listed on Crane Watch were in the suburbs?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2017, 9:34 PM
Up Up and Away

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 1:30 PM

Definitely no hiding how wide 1144 is, haha. Great photo!
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 6:43 PM

^ This

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 3:59 AM

Image courtesy of Gensler via Denverite

Is third time the charm for mentioning this project?

Maybe a couple of highlights? https://www.denverite.com/work-start...ff-east-41711/
Quote:
Developers broke ground Wednesday on The HUB at 3601 Walnut St. The 275,000-square-foot development is currently the third-largest project planned for RiNo and the first premier office space to be built in the area, according to the development team.
How did this all come together?
Quote:
Florida-based Elevation Development Group sold The HUB project to Boston-based Beacon Capital Partners earlier this year, according to the firm’s website. The developers are working on the project together. JLL is working on pre-leasing and San Francisco-based Gensler is leading up design.
FWIW, Beacon Capital Partners is Yuge. Good to see them dip their toe in Denver

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 8:07 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned but two previously announced projects seem to moving forward.

Work has started on Gables Jackson in Cherry Creek

http://zieglercooper.com/confidentia...aldevelopment/

and Demo has commenced (as of the past couple of days) on UC Health's new Cherry Creek Office.

Lastly renderings of DHA's new office space to go up in Mariposa.

http://davispartnership.com/projects...urce-facility/

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post

Lastly renderings of DHA's new office space to go up in Mariposa.

http://davispartnership.com/projects...urce-facility/

This really has the potential to be a nice building, but what's with the lime green façade elements (covering what I presume is parking garage)? Did they actually succeed in designing a refined and polished building for once, but then stepped back and said, "We have to add more 'Colorado' to it"?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 2:24 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
This really has the potential to be a nice building, but what's with the lime green façade elements (covering what I presume is parking garage)? Did they actually succeed in designing a refined and polished building for once, but then stepped back and said, "We have to add more 'Colorado' to it"?
Seems like they wanted to balance the mural that is on the other side of the building facing the tracks. Seems totally unnecessary, as is most of the current design efforts to break up facades with differing panels of materials and colors .

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Seems like they wanted to balance the mural that is on the other side of the building facing the tracks. Seems totally unnecessary, as is most of the current design efforts to break up facades with differing panels of materials and colors .
Hate the lime green, but love the building overall. VERY impressive for a DHA building!~

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 3:33 PM

Disagree. Everything we put up in this city either lacks imagination or value engineers its way to a heap of rubble. Here, they've actually allowed the parking structure to enhance the overall design. The thicker horizontal linears play with the thin vertical on the front. As for color, I applaud them for using another color that's not beige, brown or terra-cotta. I actually love the lime. Some very interesting design elements are present in this building that I wish we saw more of.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Hate the lime green, but love the building overall. VERY impressive for a DHA building!~
Agreed

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Where is this going up, Mariposa & ??

I prefer this design to the HUB which is about as bland as you can get. Gensler is a respected international design firm but their Denver projects IMO have been stinkers: One Belleview Station office tower, Davita 2, 16M and now this. The DIA Westin was designed by their LA office.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 6:21 PM

Has anyone heard any updates about Paradise Towers and the possible hotel for Block 162?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.berardi View Post
Disagree. Everything we put up in this city either lacks imagination or value engineers its way to a heap of rubble. Here, they've actually allowed the parking structure to enhance the overall design. The thicker horizontal linears play with the thin vertical on the front. As for color, I applaud them for using another color that's not beige, brown or terra-cotta. I actually love the lime. Some very interesting design elements are present in this building that I wish we saw more of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
FWIW, Beacon Capital Partners is Yuge. Good to see them dip their toe in Denver
I got to thinking that Beacon Capital Partners was more of an equity partner/investor. Had anybody dug a little deeper (including me) Beacon, in addition the The Hub, claims to own CIVIC CENTER PLAZA and WELLS FARGO CENTER, and to have SOLD 1125 17th Street, 410 17th Street and DOMINION TOWERS. Not unlikely that Beacon could be an equity investor in a new tallest. Just something to put in your pipe and smell the potential.

Image courtesy of Gensler

It was just announced that City of Denver will get its second Fortune 500 company Headquarters

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 9:03 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBJ
The Western Union Co. — Colorado's eighth-largest business by revenue — is moving its headquarters [from Douglas County to] a new 15-story building in the Denver Tech Center, just inside the Denver city limits, the Fortune 500 company confirmed today.

. . .

"We just completed negotiations at One Belleview Station in the Denver Tech Center, near light rail and in a highly visible location. This modern facility will enable our company to strengthen and grow, while demonstrating our long-standing support for this great city," the company said today in a statement.

Western Union will lease 246,500 square feet in One Belleview Station, at 7001 E. Belleview Ave. just west of Interstate 25. Prime West broke ground on the building in 2015.

The building will bear the Western Union name, company spokesman Brad Jones said.

Western Union joins Eide Bailly LLP, Prime West, Janiczek Wealth Management, Alacer Gold and TD Ameritrade in One Belleview Station's office space.

Ruth's Chris Steak House inhabits the building's ground-floor retail. The building, which was developed by Prime West, includes 318,000 square feet and was the first large-scale speculative building to break ground in the Tech Center after the recession. It is now 100 percent leased.

With the full lease-up of One Belleview Station, Prime West is now in the planning stages for another speculative building in the 42-acre Belleview Station mixed-use transit-oriented development.

. . .

“There has been immense interest in One Belleview Station, leading Prime West and Gensler to put in motion plans for another 360,000 square foot spec office building, with 25,000 square feet of retail planned to deliver in 2020.”
So what will the next building at One Belleview Station look like?

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 11:58 PM

Well - if Western Union wanted a bigger impact on their brand, they could have been the main tenant of a new 85 story tower in the CBD rather than another office building south of town. That would have given them a lot more prestige. Just my 2 cents.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.berardi View Post
Disagree. Everything we put up in this city either lacks imagination or value engineers its way to a heap of rubble. Here, they've actually allowed the parking structure to enhance the overall design. The thicker horizontal lines play with the thin vertical on the front. As for color, I applaud them for using another color that's not beige, brown or terra-cotta. I actually love the lime. Some very interesting design elements are present in this building that I wish we saw more of.
I totally agree.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 1:35 AM

You can't count a company moving a few blocks lol

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoneymaker View Post
Well, its more like 5 or 6 miles. Western Union is currently located in Meridian near Lincoln and Peoria.

But yea, WU has been in metro Denver since the 90s when it was part of First Data.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoneymaker View Post
The point being, even if frivolous, is that within the City/County of Denver there is only one Fortune 500 company: Davita. Aside from one or two that are along U.S. 36/Interlocken all the Fortune 500 companies lie south of Denver in either Arapahoe or Douglas County.

Unfortunately, assuming it even makes a difference, Denver/metro has a habit of losing Fortune 500's as fast as they get them. Next loss will be Level 3's merger with CenturyLink and then CH2M(Hill) which is being bought by Jacobs Engineering/Dallas.

Fritzdude makes a good point as to specific location. Given Western Union does business across the pond as well as south of the border it may just be that Denver is at least somewhat well known. My suspicion is, like Ch2M which sold their own buildings prior to cashing out the company, that Western Union is taking advantage of the real estate market in selling buildings they own and afterwards may even look for "strategic alternatives" like a merger or going private. Who knows?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West