HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Today, 11:58 AM
The City

^ Also based on that data, Florida had a lower death rate than Illinois

No more excuses. The lockdowns (beyond the first few months) were utter crap. They didn’t work. The data backs this, and in fact the only thing data clearly shows is the economic catastrophe they created.

Old Posted Today, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
Wearing a mask outside is normal and during a pandemic, is virtuous. Not wearing a mask by default during a pandemic is unvirtuous. Till guidelines say otherwise or you live in Florida, and it is virtuous to follow local laws (or the lack of). I put my mask on while walking into locations that require one and that's it, since I live in a rural area. Post-COVID we will require social gathering requirements, I think.

Source for all the days previous to the CDC announcement!

After CDC guidance, yes, they are. The day before...not wearing a mask in public was unvirtuous.

An anti-vaxxer would never wear a mask, they hate those too and only wear them when required. Haven't you seen all those masks that say "this mask is useless" or "I hate Newsom". Well maybe not the second one, but the first one for sure.

It doesn't matter what science says if the feds don't clear it and if the science says it....sources please. 10 months, from semi reputable websites.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...mpossible.html

"The time spent near a contagious person will be a key factor: a second on the sidewalk doesn't seem to be enough to catch COVID-19. It probably takes at least several minutes.

"While it is not impossible, there is no evidence that COVID-19 has been transmitted when people walk past each other outdoors," the group of scientists concluded."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...17v2.full-text

"Of the 7,324 cases reviewed by Qian et al (2020), only one transmission incident, comprising two cases (a single transmission) took place in an outdoor environment, and was the result of a conversation between two individuals."

"Consequently, it is reasonable to assume that absence of evidence of extensive outdoor transmission of COVID-19 in everyday life can be taken to be evidence of absence of a meaningful risk of outdoor transmission."

There is absolutely zero evidence that shows outdoor transmission by doing normal things (running, walking, or biking). Zero. All the research shows that LARGE gatherings of people around each other in close proximity for extended times can transmit it (although still much safer than indoors), not casual encounters.

I do not have to provide proof on this, you need to prove I am wrong. You are anti-science if you believe you need a mask to walk outside. Sorry, you base your actions on "virtues" and politics, not on science.

Old Posted Today, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Except many wearing a mask outdoors do so as to not be mistaken for a Dump supporter. That's virtue signaling. Same with those who go of their way not wearing them. It's about political tribalism not science. Just because the CDC recommends wearing them doesn't preclude using judgement in certain situations.
Exactly. I silently make fun of my neighbors who are wearing a mask, probably vaccinated, walking past me (vaccinated, although they don't know that, the odds are that I am), and STILL walk in the street to avoid me lol

I also cringe at seeing online videos of people walking in stores with mask policies without masks to make a point. It's rude, at best.

Old Posted Today, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
The states in the South have some of the worst death rates in the nation, and also have the lowest vaccination rates.
Over the last 30 days those stupid redneck states have had some of the lowest cases per 100k.

So there's that.

Old Posted Today, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
The states in the South have some of the worst death rates in the nation, and also have the lowest vaccination rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
Over the last 30 days those stupid redneck states have had some of the lowest cases per 100k.

So there's that.
There are a couple southern states that were hit hard, LA, MS, AL. The rest of the southern states are either near the US average or below and there were other states outside of the south that were hit worse than the three hardest states in the south. NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI.

Florida and California have nearly identical death rates despite having nearly polar opposite state covid mandates in place, even with Florida having a large retiree population.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions