HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 6:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
A source has advised me (on good authority) that the dollar store moving into the former Skyzone in the Champlain Plaza will indeed be Dollarama, probably relocating from their standalone building in the Atlantic Supersore parking lot.

I saw some people in hard hats around there the other day, so I expect interior renovations will be happening very soon.
They are now painting the signage background at the crown of the CRU next to Rens Pets a brilliant shade of "Dollarama green", putting to rest any controversy over what is happening here,

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 12:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Not Moncton related, but interesting nonetheless.

It appears Tesla is opening a showroom in Dartmouth. There are job adverts out there in the Chronically Horrid about this. One of the jobs listed is for a serviceman for electrical systems, so there will be some capacity there for service appointments.

As somebody who within the next 3-4 years may look at an EV for his next car, I find this interesting news.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Not Moncton related, but interesting nonetheless.

It appears Tesla is opening a showroom in Dartmouth. There are job adverts out there in the Chronically Horrid about this. One of the jobs listed is for a serviceman for electrical systems, so there will be some capacity there for service appointments.

As somebody who within the next 3-4 years may look at an EV for his next car, I find this interesting news.
In the next 3-4 years every car manufacturer will have high quality EV, Tesla has peaked, the quality of these vehicles is atrocious; paint, body, fit and finish. This information is widely available. The latest issue is rear bumpers that fall off when they drive in water too often, really!? Germany and Japan make quality products, they have been for a long time.

Last edited by OUIR@random; Oct 23, 2020 at 3:50 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 1:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
In the next 3-4 years every car manufacturers will have high quality EV, Tesla has peaked, the quality of these vehicles is atrocious; paint, body, fit and finish. The latest issue is rear bumpers that fall off when they drive in water too often, really!? Germany and Japan make quality products, they have been for a long time.
This is definitely going off topic, but I know what you mean. I am concerned with EV range and comfort (heater) in northern climates in the wintertime too, which is why I am holding off doing anything for three years or so, to see if battery technology continues to improve.

You are quite right about other manufacturers catching up. VW in particular is making great strides and BMW is not far behind.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 1:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Le Chateau has just filed for bankruptcy, and plans to liquidate and cease operation. Another vacancy for CF Champlain.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 3:06 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
This is definitely going off topic, but I know what you mean. I am concerned with EV range and comfort (heater) in northern climates in the wintertime too, which is why I am holding off doing anything for three years or so, to see if battery technology continues to improve.

You are quite right about other manufacturers catching up. VW in particular is making great strides and BMW is not far behind.
https://youtu.be/FWGKCV5rHRI

Telsa put through a lot of tests in an Arctic climate. I think Telsa is improving and will continue to be on the cutting edge of EVs for a while

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 3:08 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
In the next 3-4 years every car manufacturers will have high quality EV, Tesla has peaked, the quality of these vehicles is atrocious; paint, body, fit and finish. This information is widely available. The latest issue is rear bumpers that fall off when they drive in water too often, really!? Germany and Japan make quality products, they have been for a long time.
As pessimistic as you may be, Telsa just had their best sales quarter ever.

I've had zero quality issues with any of the Teslas i've driven.

Quote:
The new Model Y has a heat pump to address this issue.

https://electrek.co/2020/03/13/tesla...cold-climates/

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 3:45 PM

Tesla quality problems are common and very well known in the automotive industry ever since the company began building vehicles a few years ago. Just this week the issue of rear bumpers falling off was announced, come on. They are well known for their ''spaceship'' design and that the fact that they are a leader in EVs, but it ends there. I would buy an Audi or Toyota EV, but not a Tesla. The Porsche Taycan is the best EV on the planet right now.

Yes this is off topic, so this is my last comment on this.

Cheers!

Last edited by OUIR@random; Oct 23, 2020 at 10:42 PM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 4:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's a Huddle article regarding the suspected Tesla showroom coming to Dartmouth:

https://huddle.today/do-tesla-job-ad...zRxMmDUx7GugqQ

Their showrooms are typically in shopping malls, so maybe MicMac Mall? Maybe this is something CF Champlain could aspire to in a year or so..........

In addition to Halifax, Tesla is suddenly putting up job adverts for Saskatchewan and Manitoba too, so obviously they have decided to expand their Canadian showroom network considerably. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that their next wave of expansion might include a location in NB.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 6:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage is being installed today for the new Planet Fitness at the Mapleton Plaza (old Kmart) on Mapleton Road. First one in Atlantic Canada.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 6:06 PM

I posted the same in the Moncton] Northwest/Magnetic Hill Developments thread. wrong thread i guess lol

They also have membership info and layout on their website for Moncton https://www.planetfitness.ca/gyms/moncton-nb

Quote:
Signage is being installed today for the new Planet Fitness at the Mapleton Plaza (old Kmart) on Mapleton Road. First one in Atlantic Canada.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 6:12 PM

Quote:

Their showrooms are typically in shopping malls, so maybe MicMac Mall? Maybe this is something CF Champlain could aspire to in a year or so..........
My money would be on Dartmouth Crossing or Halifax Shopping Centre, the little Yorkdale of the East Coast...

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 6:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
My money would be on Dartmouth Crossing or Halifax Shopping Centre, the little Yorkdale of the East...
HSC is definitely trendier, but the job advert was for Dartmouth. As such Micmac (or Dartmouth Crossing) would be more likely.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 6:19 PM

Quote:
HSC is definitely trendier, but the job advert was for Dartmouth. As such Micmac (or Dartmouth Crossing) would be more likely.
I really don't think it will end up at Mic Mac this mall is too mid-tier, we went there in August and it was so quiet (eerie) with many vacancies, kinda dreary like CF Champlain now, oh my how things have changed in less than a year.
Then I'm 90% sure it's (Tesla) going at DC. Tesla are always in quite boujee malls, nope not MicMac.

Speaking of which (Mic Mac), the more and more I think of it, I don't think the name of the mall is acceptable in this day and age...
Time for a rebrand, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by OUIR@random; Oct 26, 2020 at 6:29 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 4:15 PM

Quote:
I really don't think it will end up at Mic Mac this mall is too mid-tier, we went there in August and it was so quiet (eerie) with many vacancies, kinda dreary like CF Champlain now, oh my how things have changed in less than a year.
Then I'm 90% sure it's (Tesla) going at DC. Tesla are always in quite boujee malls, nope not MicMac.

Speaking of which (Mic Mac), the more and more I think of it, I don't think the name of the mall is acceptable in this day and age...
Time for a rebrand, just my 2 cents.
I’ve also been thinking of that recently. I’m not sure that MicMac is an acceptable phrase to be using anymore. But if they’re going to change the name of the mall, they have to change the name of Lake MicMac and MicMac Blvd as well.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 9:56 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I’ve also been thinking of that recently. I’m not sure that MicMac is an acceptable phrase to be using anymore. But if they’re going to change the name of the mall, they have to change the name of Lake MicMac and MicMac Blvd as well.
I'm Miꞌkmaq and the word isn't offensive so not sure why it would need to be changed. It doesn't have negative connotation like Eskimo or other words. Maybe change the spelling to the proper Miꞌkmaq but outside of that you're talking overkill.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
I'm Miꞌkmaq and the word isn't offensive so not sure why it would need to be changed. It doesn't have negative connotation like Eskimo or other words. Maybe change the spelling to the proper Miꞌkmaq but outside of that you're talking overkill.
Well that’s a good thing then! I honestly didn’t know if the word, with its incorrect pronunciation and spelling, would be offensive or not. Perhaps, like you said, it could be as simple as changing the spelling.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 3:02 PM

Apparently employees of Second Cup located inside CF Champlain have shared that their last day is this Saturday, Oct.31st. It appears they are closing the mall location.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690...4120786153948/

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 4:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Too bad, but not entirely surprising. Second Cup at the mall was never as busy as Starbuck's and tended to appeal more to people who wanted to sit down and take a break café style. Meanwhile at Starbucks, the typical customer grabbed a cup and took it with them while browsing the mall, or on the way home.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any real carnage in the food court yet, but maybe I'm speaking too soon.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 7:41 PM

Some more CF Champlain news/chatter. Someone has mentioned on Retail Talk & Share NB that Glamour Secrets has a closing date of Saturday, Oct.31st (same day as Second Cup). And Bentley apparently has "everything must go" signs posted on all their windows. So looks like two more stores are leaving the mall?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690...74435999455760

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces