HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 1:33 AM

Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder. SJTOKO you shouldn't really talk because when I drive through Saint John(which I do on a regular basis) I could say the same thing about putting makeup on the Elephant man. In my opinion history is only one small part of what makes a city. How many times have you actually visited Moncton? Where does your opinions come from? Your comments kinda make me believe you have never really spent anytime in the city. If Moncton wasnt Appealing I dont think we would be having this debate. Jobs, weather, housing prices, 4 beautiful city parks, best recreational facilities in the province, low crime, nonexistent polution, forward thinking civic leaders, international airport, great golf courses, and location just to name a few. My job has taken me to every city and town in the maritimes and I can honestly say Moncton has nothing to hold its head low about. I was born and raised in Moncton and now live in Halifax and they are the only 2 cities I would ever live in. I am proud of both cities and I will defend them til I die. Its all about what you what from the place you live. You may want different things, maybe history is your bag its not everyones.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevatorGuy View Post
Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder. SJTOKO you shouldn't really talk because when I drive through Saint John(which I do on a regular basis) I could say the same thing about putting makeup on the Elephant man. In my opinion history is only one small part of what makes a city. How many times have you actually visited Moncton? Where does your opinions come from? Your comments kinda make me believe you have never really spent anytime in the city. If Moncton wasnt Appealing I dont think we would be having this debate. Jobs, weather, housing prices, 4 beautiful city parks, best recreational facilities in the province, low crime, nonexistent polution, forward thinking civic leaders, international airport, great golf courses, and location just to name a few. My job has taken me to every city and town in the maritimes and I can honestly say Moncton has nothing to hold its head low about. I was born and raised in Moncton and now live in Halifax and they are the only 2 cities I would ever live in. I am proud of both cities and I will defend them til I die. Its all about what you what from the place you live. You may want different things, maybe history is your bag its not everyones.
I'm not focusing on history. That's great that you've had the opportunity to travel the Martimes, but maybe you need to get out of the Martimes to realize what we have and what we don't. What we do have is natural beauty and that's something that Moncton does NOT have. Another thing that we have is some of the best architecture in the country (especially Saint John) Moncton doesn't have that. Waterparks? Malls? international Airports? this a global world man and i've travelled though a lot of it. These things don't give a city character, it's natural beauty and history. Not only does Saint John have some of the best architecture in Canada, it has the natural beauty to go along with it. The Saint John River alone is why my Grandfather fell in love with the area and moved here 60 years ago from England. If you want to take in the surrounding area, there is no way that Moncton can compete. I've talked to many boaters who are amazing with the natural beauty of the Bay of Fundy and the Saint John River. Boating on that river in the summer is something that everyone should get a chance to do. I hated Saint John too for a while before I left but I whenever I come home I just find myself wandering uptown just taking everything in. I get the same feeling when I walk through Montreal, New York or Boston ask anyone Saint John has a lot of soul. I have been to Moncton plenty of times and I have friends who live there. It's not really a city to me, more like a small town. Architecture...come on, there are some nice buildings but it's nothing special or memorable. let's go beyond Saint John.. St. Andrews, Grand Bay, Quispamsis, Hampton, Rothesay (all beautiful places)... You DO have a couple of nice golf courses though, but so does Saint John and we're only a quick drive from St. Andrews which is one of the best courses i've every placed and one of the most scenic.. Ummm what else.. The Tidal Bore....The Gap... Come ON...lol.....

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 4:56 PM

I think its great you feel that way about Saint John. I dont feel the same but have never felt a great need to tell anyone on here that. You on the other had do. I dont see natural beauty in any city in the Maritimes. Buildings and bridges are not natural beauty. Pulp mills,refineries, and abondoned old bldg's just dont strike a cord in me for beauty. Very few citys on this earth can have the term natural beauty associated with them. The Saint John river system is a hidden jem but I in know way attribute it to Saint John. I have spent many great summers on that river system and no it well. I understand you maybe a little pissed at the notoriety Moncton has gained in the last 10 years but the facts are the facts. You may not consider it a city but for this area its a city. I have been to most of the major cities(TO, Montreal, Ottawa, boston, New York, Washington, Huston, and have never drove the streets of Uptown and compared them. I guess its Ok to dream though lol....

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 5:27 PM

Quote:
I have been to most of the major cities(TO, Montreal, Ottawa, boston, New York, Washington, Huston, and have never drove the streets of Uptown and compared them. I guess its Ok to dream though lol....
Well, You could argue whatever you want but actually Saint John has a strong urban mind for his size. The skylines and pedway system are both great examples as well. Downtown Moncton is characterized by one stretch road surrounding by parking lot, this is not something i could describe urban. Moreover there are a plenty of single-stories buildings through Main street. Even the new projets looks like suburbans, the new Sobeys as well as courthouse project are both huge example of that. Anybody talked about the fact the Moncton city tries to get real some downtown projects since the last 7 years and nothing happen yet...

I am agree with you, Saint John has huge problems but on urban feeling issue, Saint John win by far.

sorry english is not my mother tongue

Last edited by ErickMontreal; Mar 20, 2007 at 5:35 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 5:29 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTOKO View Post
I just have one question to ask. What do people find so appealing about Moncton. Unless there are jobs available I can't really see people wanting to move there. No offence but I always thought of Moncton as a giant swamp with a river of shit running through it. Terrible Architecture, Terrible History.. and BORING! Gawd I don't understand the hype so you have a population of 130 thou.. there are 130 thousand people in my neighborhood, that isn't going to fix your cities problems. Sure your doing alright but when it comes down to it your only putting makeup on the Elephant man... please tell me why i'm wrong..
WOW MAN! thats a pretty impressive list of reasons as to why you dont like moncton, yes I have been accused of being a little moncton biased in the past (probably true) but shit, at least I back up my claims with FACTS they come in handy sometimes to make your claims more founded, and not gobley-gook (sorry, but I love that word) I will now break down your paragraph into sections and disprove your statements WITH FACTS not with meaningless words.

Quote:
Terrible Architecture
Law School, U de Moncton

3. New Greater Moncton International Airport Terminal (built 2004) This building won the Lieutenant Governor's Award of Excellence in Architecture in 2005

Moncton Place

Blue Cross Center, Probably my favorite mid-rise (its 9 stories) in the province, the atrium is amazing

Castle Manor

Random

House near Victora Park (this area is full of beautiful homes like this)

Church

Another Church

I assume that you are a Saint Johner by your name, and I will agree if you tell me that Saint John has more historical buildings and architecture than Moncton, Moncton is a very young city in comparison to Saint John, but we still have some amazing architecture if you look around a bit, I love downtown Moncton personally, and I have a ton of pics from that area on the "Moncton - New Brunswick Photos" thread, check them out. (Ill get to that later). on a similar note there is a very talented photographer who lives in Moncton named Jean Berthélémé, here is a link to a few of his beautiful panoramas, mostly to do with Moncton architecture...check out the Cathedral, its absolutely amazing.

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwppeo...ertheleme.html

Quote:
I always thought of Moncton as a giant swamp with a river of shit running through it.
Moncton is by no means a giant swamp, some areas around the river are kinda marsh like, but by no means a swamp, as for the "river of shit" but it wasnt always like that and we are working on fixing it, but hell, at least our body of water isnt LITERALLY full of shit. (I understand they are working on that too, but still)

Heres a few pics of bodies of water around Moncton:

Quote:
Terrible History
OK, first of all that is the most rediculous claim I have ever heard in this forum...and Ive heard a few...to say moncton has not as much history as some other cities in Atlantic Canadas ok I can kinda deal with that, we are a young modern city, I can deal with that...but to say we have a TERRIBLE history? thats just nuts, I dont even know what that means completely, do you mean our history is full of terrible events? because as MonctonGoldenFlames pointed out we do have our fare share of that, but what city doesnt? Saint John sure does (closing of the shipbuilding etc) hell most cities have had rough patches

OR do you mean we have no history...in which case we certainly do, check out the Moncton Museum if you get a chance to some time, they have a great collecton...

I quote from Moncton.net:

The history of Moncton is diverse and full of dramatic events that shaped not only the town itself but the country as a whole. This page contains Moncton.Net’s own brief history of Moncton from the Mikmaq days to the present.

Moncton community was born when the nomadic Mikmaq settlers founded a camp on the banks of the Petitcodiac River. The muddy streams of the river prompted the First People to call it the Pet-koot-koy-ek – “bending like a bow”. Historians do not have much information about the first settlers and their experiences at the time when the first campsite was formed.

The European settlers at the time were populating the coastal area and the area of Moncton was considered too deep inlands. The earliest reference of the area (the Petcoucoyer River) comes from the de Meulles Map of 1686. This date, 1686 is considered the staring point of the European experience.

The river was an important gateway for both the Native People and the European settlers in establishing first trade links in Canada.

After Chignecto settlement was established by the Acadians in 1670s, Moncton’s first Acadian period begins. The first Acadians made their first trip to the Shepody River in 1689. In the Spring of 1700 a miller from Pree-Ronde (near Port-Royal) with his family build a house at Chipodie thus creating the first Acadian settlement in the area. Soon many more families followed and gradually started to expand Acadian territory.

The little settlement of Le Coude near the Halls Creek was one of the first Acadian dykeland communities on the Petitcodiac and the beginning of Moncton as a European settlement. It was formed around 1733 and was also called as Terre-Rouge, red soil. By 1734, when an ecclesiastical census was taken, there were between 60 and 70 families in the Shepody area. By 1751 this number grew to 167 families, over 1000 people total. Among the first families there were the Thibodeau, Babineau, Breau. There was a small chapel built near the present-day Bore Park.

In 1745, Britain and France went to war and it spread to the new world. Colonists from New England who were determined to drive the French out of North America attacked and captured Fortress Louisbourg. This gave the British complete control of the Atlantic coast, but not for long. When the war ended, a peace treaty was negotiated between England and France, and the French got Fortress Louisbourg back.

Having given the great fort back to the French, the British decided that they would have to build one for themselves. In 1749, the British sent 2,000 troops and settlers to found the city of Halifax. They started building a huge fort called the Halifax Citadel on top of the highest hill or the area. Constructed in 1751, Fort Beausejour was built in response to the British having built Fort Lawrence across the Missiquash River, which divided British-held Nova Scotia from Acadia.

In June, 1755, the British, under the leadership of Lieutenant Colonel Robert Monckton, took the fort and renamed it Fort Cumberland. The British forces burned all the Acadian settlements on the shores of the Petitcodiac.

In 1761 the first British families had settled on the Tantramar Township. These families came form Providence, Rhode Island. Rhode Island was then a gateway to the new world. In four years a handful of German families from Pennsylvania started a new village in the Petitcodiac delta. In 1766 Captain John Hall arrived from Pennsylvania established Monckton Township.

It was named after Lieut-General Robert Monckton. He was born in Yorkshire, England and came to Nova Scotia as a boy. There is no historic evidence of Monckton actually visiting the area of Moncton. He was at the head of the British troops as they took over Fort Beausejourand oversaw the deportation of Acadians. Monckton traveled and fought all over Eastern Canada, but refused to visit Monckton.

The township grew very slowly. By 1788 there were only 12 families living there. At the same time several Acadian families came back from the exile.

The growth of neighboring communities in Halifax and St. John boosted the economic development of Monckton’s Township as well. In 1836 a regular stage coach and mail service started to operate thus connecting Halifax – Monckton Township and Saint John. In 1853 the first railway connected Shediac and St. John, thus further improving Moncton’s status as a transit place. In 1855 Moncton was incorporated as a city. As the result of a clerical error the “k” was dropped off the city’s name. While it was possible to correct that, both the public and the Mayor Joseph Salter decided to leave it as is.

In the first half of the 19th century Monckton was well known for its ship building, which was Monckton’s major industry at the time. Locally supplied timber and efficiency with which Joseph Salter, the owner of the shipyard, made Moncton one of the centers of the ship building industry of Atlantic Canada at the time.

1850s was a major economic recession in Moncton and in 1862 it was forced to withdraw its incorporated status. The end of the recession started after the headquarters of the Intercolonial Railway was established in Moncton in 1872. A construction boom took off shortly thereafter. In 1875 Moncton regained its incorporated status under the Mayor Joseph Crandall. Economic growth meant more people - in 1870s there not more than 5000 citizens in Moncton. In 1890 Moncton was given its city status. By the 1900 there were over 10,000 people living in the city.

In 1901 Moncton saw its first and only automobile on display. The car was built by Alex Carter and Walter Bowness. In 1913 Moncton’s free Public Library was opened. In 1921 a first airplane from Chatham, NB landed in Moncton, where it made a refueling stop. Next year radio started to operate from a room of a jewelry store. Moncton’s first radio was called CNRA. In 1926 Moncton’s first synagogue was constructed on Steadman Street to host a community of Tiferes Israel. At the same time Moncton’s Capitol Theatre open its doors to Moncton’s public.

In 1954 the first locally broadcasted TV could be seen on the screens on local TVs. The TV station was called CKCW-TV.

The construction of the Moncton causeway in 1968, to give the inhabitants of the town a route across the river, has devastated not only the wildlife and fish population, but it has also suppressed the great tidal bore. Before the causeway, the bore used to be up to 2 meters high! It would reach Salisbury.

1970s were marked by the unprecedented level of crime in Moncton. Two policemen were murdered, people were kidnapped, and there were even gang-style assassinations. By the end of the decade, however, the criminal situation has improved.

On September 24, 1983 Queen Elizabeth, II visited Moncton.

On May 28, 1996, Robert K. Irving announced the purchase of the Moncton Franchise of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, thus creating Moncton's own hockey team, Wild Cats.

In September 1999, 52 heads of state from all over the world came to Moncton for the Francophone Summit - a gathering of the world’s French speaking nations. This was the largest gathering of heads of state in Canada’s history.

In the most recent history Moncton’s first Ballet Company was created in 2001, The Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada. Shortly after opening the ABTC mounted its first World Premiere, FIGARO, on the stage of the Capitol Theatre.

On August 6, 2002, Moncton City Council passed a motion to become Canada's first officially bilingual city.

Acadian Deprotation

Stamp

Old City Market

Former CN shops

Downtown

Downtown (postcard)

Quote:
BORING!
Ok lets take a step back here and examine the facts, I will list several things to do in moncton according to differing activities....

If you like to:

1. Golf

Moncton has the most golf courses of any city in NB, and two are brand new (Fox Creek (2005), Royal Oaks(2000)) They are all fantastic, but here is some info on the two newest

-Fox Creek was "designed by renowned Canadian architect Graham Cooke, this champion 18-hole course has quickly become a "must" for golf lovers."

Fox Creek

- "Royal Oaks opened in July 2000 to rave reviews for the outstanding golf experience provided through the exceptional service, superb turf conditions and excellent food & beverage services. In 2002 Score Magazine awarded Royal Oaks " Best New Course in Eastern Canada" and the "6th Best Value in all of Canada". 2003 brought even more accolades, by receiving national awards in 4 categories including "Best Conditioning" & "Best Public Course"."

Royal Oaks

2. Shop

We have the largest mall in Atlantic Canada, and the largest power center area in NB (which is in the process of becoming much larger very soon) we also have many interesting downtown shops. We also have a huge weekly market, The Moncton Market, which is the largest in NB with over 130 vendors. There is something for everyone.

3. Go to the Movies

In moncton we have the most movie theater screens of any city in NB (16, compared to SJs 14) the newest of these theaters just renovated all its screens to have Stadium Seating so you never have a tall guys head in your view, its great. We also have 3 Blockbusters, 2 Rodgers Videos, and many other locally owned video rental stores.

4. Go to sporting events

Moncton has many sporting events yare round, we have the Wildcats (hockey) who play in the largest stadium in NB, and the the Moncton Mets (baseball) who play at Kiwanis park in the summer, we have also held the memorial cup, and are currently hosting the canadian university hocky campionchip, and will be hosting the IAAF track and field campionchips in 2010 which will be the largest sporting event ever held in Atlantic Canada

5. Theater

We have a beautifully restored downthown theater, the Capitol Theater, which regularly puts on plays and other cool shows, we also have a dinner theater called The McSweeney Co. Dinner Theatre which puts on dinner theater 6 days a week

Capitol Theater

anyways, I could go on all day here but thats just a few interesting things to do.

Quote:
Gawd I don't understand the hype so you have a population of 130 thou.. there are 130 thousand people in my neighborhood

Ok, this is a rediculous claim, in the maritimes a city of 127,000 is a large city, to compare to Korea is pointless. Allow me to demonstrate, I could for example say about Saint John:

"Gawd I don't understand the hype so you have 300 years of history.. in Europe they would laugh at that, and show you a building constructed 1000 years ago."

comparisons like that are pointless and irrelevant.

Last edited by mmmatt; Mar 20, 2007 at 6:15 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 5:43 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
It's not really a city to me, more like a small town.
Yes its quite the small town with 127,000 people, espically if you compare it to the bustling metropolis of Saint John with 123,000

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 5:52 PM

The Blue Cross atrium is a wonderful Piece of architecture. The metal work is fantastic. The old Post office in downtown Halifax has a pretty sweet atrium aswell.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 6:08 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
The Blue Cross atrium is a wonderful Piece of architecture. The metal work is fantastic. The old Post office in downtown Halifax has a pretty sweet atrium aswell.
indeed it is, indeed it is....sorry bout my spelling lol, not my strongest area of expertise

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 6:08 PM

You seem addicted to compare things, we will do that just for fun...

Last edited by ErickMontreal; Mar 20, 2007 at 7:09 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 6:20 PM
Our Tide is Rising

please point out to me the point at which i claimed Saint John has less historical buildings than moncton...i never did that

please point out to me when i claimed Saint John looks less urban...i never did that

please point out to me when i claimed that saint john has worse architecture than moncton...i never did that

I was simply pointing out that moncton has some nice buildings too, and that we are by no means a small town, osrry if that offended you. but I do completely realize that SJ is a historical city, and it has some amazing histoircal buildings, it is also much more uban looking than moncton, but moncton is urban too, not as much, but still.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 6:32 PM

It's too bad there's no way to compare smells over the internet...

p.s. city vs. city threads are so dumb...

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 6:41 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Unit View Post

p.s. city vs. city threads are so dumb...
lol, im starting to agree with you there, Im known around here for starting them, but lately im trying to stop....but that comment SJTOKO made was too much, but I am trying to be civil about this, he uses harsh words to fight, I use facts and pictures

I love Saint John, but I love Moncton more, just because its my hometown. Saint John is far more urban than Moncton, I realize that, it also has more history...

Both cities are great, but in different ways, we all need to realize that, espically myself

PS HalifaxMtl666, I have never ever posted big long lists of Moncton pictures in the SJ thread, I have already seen all those pictures in your Saint John photo thread, as I am sure you have seen my Moncton and Fredericton ones.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
lol, im starting to agree with you there, Im known around here for starting them, but lately im trying to stop....but that comment SJTOKO made was too much, but I am trying to be civil about this, he uses harsh words to fight, I use facts and pictures

I love Saint John, but I love Moncton more, just because its my hometown. Saint John is far more urban than Moncton, I realize that, it also has more history...

Both cities are great, but in different ways, we all need to realize that, espically myself

PS HalifaxMtl666, I have never ever posted big long lists of Moncton pictures in the SJ thread, I have already seen all those pictures in your Saint John photo thread, as I am sure you have seen my Moncton and Fredericton ones.
I am not offended at all. i just find comparing both cities together could have some advantages but i think we have said enough for a while on that issue. I realized that Moncton is great place to live and i never said the opposite. Actually, Moncton provides a better quality of life, seem to be more attractive for new comers, has a strong economy, has a strong retail as well. However in others issues like the urban mind, Skylines, character, multiculturalism, history as well as tourism Saint John has advantage over Moncton. With those pictures I just tried to point out these kind of comparisons was useless.

Both cities have their own advantageous characteristics

No offence for you

Last edited by ErickMontreal; Mar 20, 2007 at 7:37 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 7:48 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
I am not offended at all. i just find comparing both cities together could have some advantages but i think we have said enough for a while on that issue. I realized that Moncton is great place to live and i never said the opposite. Actually, Moncton provides a better quality of life, seem to be more attractive for new comers, has a strong economy, has a strong retail as well. However in others issues like the urban mind, Skylines, character, multiculturalism, history, streetcapes as well as tourism Saint John has advantage over Moncton. With those pictures I just tried to point out these kind of comparisons was useless.

No offence for you
none taken at all...I agree with you completley...but...

as far as multi-cultural I assume you are talking about international, because in terms of local, moncton (as of 2001) had 74,450 english and 38,710 french compare to SJs 112,865 english and 5,555 french. In terms of international Moncton has (as of 2001) 3,360 foreign born people, compare to SJs 4,620, so really not too much of a difference, that difference should decrease with the new census results, as I heard on the news recently that MAGMA (moncton multicultural org.) in 2002 processed 250 immigrants, they now (2005, 2006) process more than 1000 a year. but anyways as i said on another thread, both cities suck in this department lol

tourism is another one Im not too sure about, I thought I heard somewhere that Moncton was the tourism capital of NB in terms of $ spent...but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I dont want to continue this bickering...just wanted to clear those issues up...I completely agree with you on the urban minds, skylines, and history

Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
none taken at all...I agree with you completley...but...

as far as multi-cultural I assume you are talking about international, because in terms of local, moncton (as of 2001) had 74,450 english and 38,710 french compare to SJs 112,865 english and 5,555 french. In terms of international Moncton has (as of 2001) 3,360 foreign born people, compare to SJs 4,620, so really not too much of a difference, that difference should decrease with the new census results, as I heard on the news recently that MAGMA (moncton multicultural org.) in 2002 processed 250 immigrants, they now (2005, 2006) process more than 1000 a year. but anyways as i said on another thread, both cities suck in this department lol

tourism is another one Im not too sure about, I thought I heard somewhere that Moncton was the tourism capital of NB in terms of $ spent...but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I dont want to continue this bickering...just wanted to clear those issues up...I completely agree with you on the urban minds, skylines, and history
Well, i assume with his cruiseship SJ ( expected for 2007 : 140 000 )could take advantage on that issue. In the other hand Moncton is on Halifax road. Likely Moncton has a strong hotel income, more than SJ, in particular due to his geographic position. For immigration, this is based on my own perception, there is some Chinese groceries and there is a newspaper as well. I just saw more immigrants overthere than Moncton likely because UNB has a huge amount of chiness students

http://www.sjport.com/saintjohncruis...se_schedule.as

http://www.ccasj.org/

Last edited by ErickMontreal; Mar 21, 2007 at 4:15 AM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 5:41 AM

This is great...lol

Our Best VS. Your best.....

Our best pool

Our best theatre

Our Best Arena

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 5:45 AM
Canadian Urbanite

Just have to say Moncton looks like a wonderful city.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 9:19 AM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

I said this in the Saint John thread and I'm getting disgusted that I have to say it here. This is a Moncton Projects thread! Enough with the comparisons!

Nobody was taking anything away from Saint John, SJTOKO, they were simply pointing out what Moncton had, because, oddly enough, this is the thread where it belongs. Maybe you should take a walk down Main Street with your eyes open next time. And if you think I'm against Saint John, you obviously don't know my posting history very well. Until you get to Moncton next, educate yourself with these photos here...actually, educate yourself on all of New Brunswick on this page because it seems like you need it...http://www.pbase.com/smevo

Now, can we get this back to being a Moncton Projects thread? Keep the Moncton stuff here and the Saint John stuff in the Saint John threads, and keep these threads open so people can actually find out what developments are happening in each city.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smevo View Post
I said this in the Saint John thread and I'm getting disgusted that I have to say it here. This is a Moncton Projects thread! Enough with the comparisons!

Nobody was taking anything away from Saint John, SJTOKO, they were simply pointing out what Moncton had, because, oddly enough, this is the thread where it belongs. Maybe you should take a walk down Main Street with your eyes open next time. And if you think I'm against Saint John, you obviously don't know my posting history very well. Until you get to Moncton next, educate yourself with these photos here...actually, educate yourself on all of New Brunswick on this page because it seems like you need it...http://www.pbase.com/smevo

Now, can we get this back to being a Moncton Projects thread? Keep the Moncton stuff here and the Saint John stuff in the Saint John threads, and keep these threads open so people can actually find out what developments are happening in each city.
STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........lol

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 2:22 PM
Nashwaaksissy

Can we start a Saint John vs Moncton pissing match thread?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces