HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:34 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielschell View Post
The Roszak website calls this "Boutique Loft Offices"
Ahh just caught this. So it's not apartments?

Interesting, I wonder how financing of this would work? I'm sure they don't need an anchor tenant like traditional office space. Perhaps they just need a certain % of space leased up?

I gather this will be successful given the sheer number of older Loop office buildings that have been converted in recent years to other uses.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:57 PM

Quote:

Image via FitzGerald Associates Architects
Again, more cheap window wall. When this came out to bid, they originally had unitized curtain wall drawn. But of course, the owner opted to go cheap.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexxed82 View Post
Are there documented issues with the glass on this one? I've only passed by this one a couple times, but add these photos, and it seems like they're having quite a time with this facade.
Supplier issues. Glass was broken in transit. Glass was missing before shipping the frames.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 3:08 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox102 View Post
Again, more cheap window wall. When this came out to bid, they originally had unitized curtain wall drawn. But of course, the owner opted to go cheap.

Disappointing for sure.

Different topic, question re this project: Has Fifield effectively taken it over as the operating developer here (or a very large stake in the development)?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 3:16 PM
Chicago picture-taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Disappointing for sure.

Different topic, question re this project: Has Fifield effectively taken it over as the operating developer here (or a very large stake in the development)?
Their name is on the permit, so I believe so. But can't confirm.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox102 View Post
What color is the glass? Blue....So we get a blue oval instead of a blue box, baby steps...... Maybe they should lease the roof to FORD for their logo

I still like it a lot.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Tommy View Post
What color is the glass? Blue....So we get a blue oval instead of a blue box, baby steps...... Maybe they should lease the roof to FORD for their logo

I still like it a lot.
Clear glass with two different low E coatings. That was back in June. Who knows what Lend Lease did since then.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 4:19 PM
Chicago picture-taker

1035 West Van Buren

1035 West Van Buren is surprisingly bright this morning. Can't figure out why, but thought I better take a couple shots.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 6:12 PM
you know where I'll be

One South Halsted

Quote:
Their name is on the permit, so I believe so. But can't confirm.

Thanks.

By the way, I'd vote strongly in favor of One South Halsted (if this is even still a valid name/address for the project) now getting its own thread - if it doesn't already (assuming it does not, but could be buried from long ago). To me, this one rises to the occasion, and is important enough to warrant its own thread.....

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

By the way, I'd vote strongly in favor of One South Halsted (if this is even still a valid name/address for the project) now getting its own thread - if it doesn't already (assuming it does not, but could be buried from long ago). To me, this one rises to the occasion, and is important enough to warrant its own thread.....
I don't know if we need all these separate threads for moderately sized buildings.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
I don't know if we need all these separate threads for moderately sized buildings.
It's about the same height as Wolf Point West.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 7:28 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post

Strongly disagree.

When they rise to a certain prominence, they fit the bill. There's ample precedent, with good cause. We've got Moment in Streeterville, Optima II in Streeterville, SoMi South Loop, CNA, 465 N Park in Streeterville, Marriott McCormick Place,

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 7:49 PM
Chicago picture-taker

Quote:
Strongly disagree.

When they rise to a certain prominence, they fit the bill. There's ample precedent, with good cause. We've got Moment in Streeterville, Optima II in Streeterville, SoMi South Loop, CNA, 465 N Park in Streeterville, Marriott McCormick Place,
FWIW, my .02 as well. If I don't want to read about One South Halsted, I can skip the thread. But if I do, and it doesn't have its own thread, I have to wade through a general thread to find it.

Last edited by danielschell; Jan 30, 2017 at 7:56 PM. Reason: I can't spell acronyms good.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:04 PM

If it will get Scheller to post more photos of it, then I say make a thread!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:15 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
FWIW, my .02 as well. If I don't want to read about One South Halsted, I can skip the thread. But if I do, and it doesn't have its own thread, I have to wade through a general thread to find it.
agreed.

and as the best new contributor to the chicago contruction threads, i think you should have the honor of starting the new thread for one south halsted. just go ahead and start it, i'll clean up anything that might need fixing.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:31 PM
Chicago picture-taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
agreed.

and as the best new contributor to the chicago contruction threads, i think you should have the honor of starting the new thread for one south halsted. just go ahead and start it, i'll clean up anything that might need fixing.
Honored and flattered.

Attempt submitted

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:37 PM
devout Pizzatarian

here it is: CHICAGO | One South Halsted | 495 FT | 44 FLOORS

please continue all one south halsted discussion in the new dedicated thread.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 30, 2017 at 9:12 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 2:50 AM

Today
Gallery on Wells- Did this one change design at the top? Looks different from previous renderings. Like a set back that didn't previously exist.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:33 AM

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but this, combined with 640 N Wells, have just produced an imposing presence for anybody arriving off the Kennedy's Ohio ramp, especially at nighttime. Like never before, even when Silver Tower was built, River North is finally feeling like it's almost on top of, not in front of, the foot of the expressway, which already has a decent canyon of buildings surrounding the half-mile coming in over the river. Also, luckily, 640 is shorter than Gallery, so there's a stepped 2-tower effect as well.

And these towers are about 2 blocks from the Orleans intersection - imagine how it will feel when the sites fronting Franklin or Orleans get redeveloped. The burbanites, and visitors from O'Hare, will get a totally different feel. It won't seem like they're just driving into the River North vegas district anymore, they'll feel like they're plunging into one of the biggest steel jungles of North America.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post
Today
Gallery on Wells- Did this one change design at the top? Looks different from previous renderings. Like a set back that didn't previously exist.
Most renderings don't show the western setback, but I was able to find this image via Curbed.

They took the concrete pump down yesterday. Definitely a very nice addition to the neighborhood.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations