HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 6:12 PM

Christmas Day Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
We play GS again on Friday as well. But no matter what we never get the love from the national media. If we win they’ll say it’s cause Klay Thompson wasn’t playing.
This past game and Friday's games will show both teams are solid contenders but the Christmas Day Game in Phoenix should have both Klay Thompson and Booker healthy. I doubt Book plays this Friday with the tweeked hammy.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 6:16 PM
你的媽媽

Great, closely contested game last night. These two teams match up very closely and play similar styles with deep rosters equally strong on both offense with an emphasis on sharing the ball and wing heavy defense. Will be interesting to see how these matchup in a seven game series fully healthy. Could be a possible WCF matchup. I think it's pretty clear that the top tier teams in the West this season will be the Suns, Warriors, and Jazz.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 12:38 PM

After a depressing and crushing loss in the 2021 finals, the Suns look like they are a beast of a team this season. They have broken the record for the most games won in any season at 64. Anyone think they could finally pull it off this year and give Arizona it's first championship in over 20 years?

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
After a depressing and crushing loss in the 2021 finals, the Suns look like they are a beast of a team this season. They have broken the record for the most games won in any season at 64. Anyone think they could finally pull it off this year and give Arizona it's first championship in over 20 years?
Cards next year going all the way

ASU too

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 11:23 PM

Sun's Chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Cards next year going all the way

ASU too
Their chances are as good as anyone's right now. Of course their chances were good last year hopefully they stay healthy and picking up those two back up big guys Mcgee and Biyombo will help. The Warriors, if healthy, will still be very tough to get by and Memphis is no slouch. Also in the east Milwaukee is still a factor as is Brooklyn and even Philly if Harden starts to play better.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2022, 8:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
This team reminds me of the 2014 Spurs who went on a revenge tour after losing the Finals and DESTROYED the Heat in the following years rematch. It would be almost euphoric for us to play Milwaukee again and do the same thing

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroD View Post
This team reminds me of the 2014 Spurs who went on a revenge tour after losing the Finals and DESTROYED the Heat in the following years rematch. It would be almost euphoric for us to play Milwaukee again and do the same thing
I’ll believe it when I see it!! Hope Suns win a game again. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 3:55 PM
你的媽媽

Do you guys have any interest in the KD sweepstakes?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 4:20 PM

Kd

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Do you guys have any interest in the KD sweepstakes?
Yes, but it appears Brooklyn wants draft picks of which the Sun's don't have any to offer except future. A third team needs to be involved and Utah was an obvious choice as they had traded their center to the T'Wolves and have a boat load of draft picks but it appears the GM Danny Ainge isn't interested in Ayton.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 4:25 PM

Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver has been suspended for one-year and he’s also been fined $10 millions. Bye bye!!

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/09/13/...rver-one-year/

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 5:07 PM
你的媽媽

Great news.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 5:28 PM

Sarver is an a-hole and I wish he would just sell the team. I've wished this since basically the moment he bought the team from Colangelo; or at least soon after it was apparent he was cheap (not paying Joe Johnson, trading picks for cash, etc, costing us IMO at least 1 championship through the years) and an a-hole (my best friend worked for him at Meritage Homes years and years ago and saw what a d!ck he was). But this suspension and fine just seems ridiculous.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 6:50 PM

Statement from Suns owner Robert Sarver. He accepted apologized to all the fans, players and coaches for his actions. He is not permitted to enter the arena and other events. Until his suspension is lifted.

Phoenix Suns team owner Robert Sarver suspended for 1 year, fined $10M after NBA investigation

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...on/7656484001/

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 6:14 PM
Modulator

OK guys, no more. I know we're all bored while waiting for development information, but this is not the place to argue differences of opinion in regards to race, crime and especially calling each other out.

There are other platforms for this type of discussion and I kindly ask that you seek those out or message each other privately.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post

OK guys, no more. I know we're all bored while waiting for development information, but this is not the place to argue differences of opinion in regards to race, crime and especially calling each other out.

There are other platforms for this type of discussion and I kindly ask that you seek those out or message each other privately.
I will abide...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 4:53 PM
E pluribus unum

Apparently Sarver is selling both the Suns and Mercury.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Apparently Sarver is selling both the Suns and Mercury.
Playing the victim in his letter but whatever. Hopefully we get a competent (and Billionaire willing to spend) owner and Suns head into the regular season with no distractions and this topic hanging over their heads. Let's get KD on Jan 15th and let's go get a ring!!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 5:17 PM
你的媽媽

Great news.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 5:42 PM
Skyriser

Would also be nice to get an owner that thinks downtown blocks can do more than just be VIP parking lots.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Would also be nice to get an owner that thinks downtown blocks can do more than just be VIP parking lots.
That’s what I was thinking too. Maybe we can finally get that W hotel on the NEC

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest