HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 12, 2023, 11:55 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Do you know what’s going on the former Ruby’s Tuesday on 44th street and Washington Street? They used to be. Are they going to renovate it or what?? I saw the construction crews. They closed it down and not enough customers. I wasn’t sure what is happening to Ruby’s Tuesday.
I noticed it this morning when I drove by. I used to love Ruby Tuesday and was bummed when it closed down. I'm not sure what's going there now. Hopefully, something good.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
I noticed it this morning when I drove by. I used to love Ruby Tuesday and was bummed when it closed down. I'm not sure what's going there now. Hopefully, something good.
Also, they haven’t demolish the old Circle K store on Washington Street and 44th St near metro light rail. They used to be. I remember I buy a bottle water at the store. I realize that they still had another Circle K store on Van Buren Street and 44th St.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 4:51 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Also, they haven’t demolish the old Circle K store on Washington Street and 44th St near metro light rail. They used to be. I remember I buy a bottle water at the store. I realize that they still had another Circle K store on Van Buren Street and 44th St.
Getting a little off topic here, but yeah, I saw the new Circle K as well. It was supposed to be demolished years ago, but got held up. I used to live adjacent to that Circle K on the East side of 56th St. My old neighborhood is going through a lot of housing remodels and some are getting demolished and rebuilt. I also noticed a new container housing project on the NE corner of Polk and 53rd St.

I believe the Motel 6 and adjacent car lot on Van Buren are slated to be torn down redeveloped soon into some nice new multi-family? Maybe someone can confirm that?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 5:05 PM

Centrico/Hotel San Carlos Update

Was able to make it to Centrico for breakfast and was able to get some info regarding their "pending" closure. So sounds like the uplift of the hotel is still months out as the restaurant said they plan on remaining open for a while. BUT also they mentioned that they would be announcing on social media their new location soon which is about "a 30 sec walk" from their current location. New location is still months out as they have to build it out.

All around good news as Centrico remains in downtown and will be taking over an empty retail spot.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
BUT also they mentioned that they would be announcing on social media their new location soon which is about "a 30 sec walk" from their current location.
The old baja fresh location ? or maybe even the long empty Hotel Monroe Retail?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
All around good news as Centrico remains in downtown and will be taking over an empty retail spot.
I hope it's the SEC of 1st Ave & Monroe, next to Rose Garden & Bosa Donuts... But I think that's a big conversion going from a bank lobby to Restaurant.

It's probably the old Dunkin' Donuts on NWC of Central & Adams.. Or maybe even the spot vacated by the Stand -- they'd be an awesome one for that with that big patio.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2023, 12:02 AM

Southern Rail

A little sad to see Southern Rail go. Enjoyed their bourbon collection, and often would get a bowl of gumbo from this place (and bread pudding), when I was leaving the country for a bit. Hope the new place brings interesting food.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2023, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRay View Post
A little sad to see Southern Rail go. Enjoyed their bourbon collection, and often would get a bowl of gumbo from this place (and bread pudding), when I was leaving the country for a bit. Hope the new place brings interesting food.
Yeah, enjoyed stopping in for Pimento Cheese, Bourbon, and/or fried chicken on occasion. There's a new place down the street with a pretty similar looking food menu, no clue how their drink offerings are yet though (Copper & Sage, where Los Sombreros / Sun Up restaurant used to be).

Also, still need to try Toasted Owl Cafe at The Newton, haven't made it by yet.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2023, 8:13 PM

Toasted Owl was excellent. Very excited to have them here since I always try to hit them up when in Flag.

I thought Southern Rail was a bit overrated and I'm not surprised to see it go; I don't think it was doing great business. The beignets were amazing but nothing else impressed.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2023, 8:19 PM

Excited to report that Harumi Sushi's new location on the other side of 1st Ave and Adams is now open. The new space is beautiful and absolutely massive. I went there for lunch and despite a huge crowd, it still wasn't full. Staff told me they tripled their seating. Food was just as good as before which is no surprise given their consistency. It's so great for downtown to have an upscale sushi place.

It's adjacent to the Rose Garden bar, which may be one of the best happy hours in town. A great date night idea would be to start there, then go next door to Harumi. If you haven't seen it, the interior is really quite nice and the way it opens to the street is fun. Their happy hour cocktails are the best value downtown. #notsponsored

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 3:12 PM
Modulator

Looks like Little Miss is possibly coming to Roosevelt Row after pulling the plug in Midtown a few months back...possibly the Trapp House location. Stay tuned for more info.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Looks like Little Miss is possibly coming to Roosevelt Row after pulling the plug in Midtown a few months back...possibly the Trapp House location. Stay tuned for more info.
Ah that's amazing news!

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 7:21 PM

Can confirm it's the Trapp House location. It will not be a LMB but a new concept and the focus will be more narrow and a different than LMB, though I've been promised some BBQ. I'm very excited to see what they come up with.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiEncanto View Post
Can confirm it's the Trapp House location. It will not be a LMB but a new concept and the focus will be more narrow and a different than LMB, though I've been promised some BBQ. I'm very excited to see what they come up with.
This news made my MONTH! Thanks for the update.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2024, 11:49 AM
self-important urbanista

I walked by the former Trapp Haus location last night, and there was a pending liquor license sign on the door. The applicant was Full Speed LLC, which is owned by the same couple behind Little Miss. They're applying for a series 12 license, which is for a full bar.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2024, 8:41 PM

Old Welcome Diner

Finally stopped to read the liquor application at the old Welcome Diner (10th St. and Roosevelt). It’s for Sidewinder LLC, but the email address is one from Sotisse! Hopefully, this concept will hold up (since not much has survived there).

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 6:38 PM

A commercial remodel permit was recently issued for the SWC of Mckinley and 1st Ave (Union Phx) for a Milk and Honey Market. I think this would be the corner retail space, since there's no more spaces left on the ground floor, can anyone confirm?

Permit # is BLD 24001023

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 7:01 PM

Isn't that the same place as on 4th St and Roosevelt? Are they moving or adding an additional location?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 7:59 PM

Isn’t the SWC of first Ave and McKinley is the IT institute? I saw a remodel happening in the retail space on the ground floor of SWC of first Ave and Roosevelt earlier this week. . Maybe that’s it ?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillsquad View Post
Isn’t the SWC of first Ave and McKinley is the IT institute? I saw a remodel happening in the retail space on the ground floor of SWC of first Ave and Roosevelt earlier this week. . Maybe that’s it ?
Oops, I meant 1st Ave and Roosevelt!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest