HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
I just noticed the dead sub in the foreground. That is perfect.
It just needs a hammer and sickle to be complete

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 11:59 PM
Fake News

Delete

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 12:00 AM
Fake News

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 12:12 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

This is right on Water Street. TBH I'd rather a surface parking lot.

Sad thing is it's not going anywhere. It's actually a quite old warehouse with an unfortunate reclad. It was Templeton's Paints, which is beloved here for its heritage rowhouse colours. So even though it closed last year, the new distillery is refurbishing all the Templeton's signage, etc. So I don't expect the Water Street side of it to change much if at all. Ever.

To give you an idea what these types of buildings usually look like here - also on Water Street. Still not great but far better:

Prior to the Great Fire of 1892, the backs of these warehouses were the waterfront, and the streets along the sides of these buildings were wooden piers. They pushed all the rubble from the city into the harbour and it created another block of land, so that's why all these warehouses seem oddly placed.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
Is there room in this thread for the worthless millennial bitch who threw the chair off the balcony?
There's a Highways thread which, by pure chance, was already discussing the Gardiner expressway right now, you can join us there
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=190293

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:01 AM

P.S. O-Tac will like this one, it's a two for one!

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toront...oversial-tweet

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:33 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
P.S. O-Tac will like this one, it's a two for one!

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toront...oversial-tweet
She’s not exactly wrong. Ironic she’s calling out another social media attention whore though.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:41 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Thotty thottery?

WTF is that supposed to mean? Grinch-faced Faith Grotty.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:46 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
Is there room in this thread for the worthless millennial bitch who threw the chair off the balcony?

Perhaps she is just too ugly for this thread. Ugly behavior from an ugly person.

She's worse than a bitch. She is a total cunt (and I never use that word, but here it fits). That numb cunt doesn't even care. Look at her smiling her shit eating grin as she leaves the courthouse:
https://globalnews.ca/video/4958246/...leased-on-bail

fake/phony/plastic bitch: https://brobible.com/culture/article...hrowing-chair/

I once knew a shit kid that thought it would be funny to drop a full glass bottle of coke from the train/highway overpass* adjacent to my high school. It struck and shattered a stationwagon windshield, caused the driver to lose control, and ended up causing a four car pileup with a 7 year old girl in a coma for several months, and the mother, who was driving the station wagon, to have severe head injury that nearly killed her.

*https://www.google.com/maps/@45.4304...7i16384!8i8192

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:47 AM

Quote:
She’s not exactly wrong. Ironic she’s calling out another social media attention whore though.
I was curious to know whether you'd take your good friend Faith Goldy's side against the chair-throwing thot, or the chair-throwing thot's side against Faith Goldy.

(There's a part of the idea that people can be judged by their looks alone with a good success rate that rubs me the wrong way, but I'd have raised my hand too.)

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Ironic she’s calling out another social media attention whore though.
The other one's just a whore tho...

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:57 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
The other one's just a whore tho...
Nothing wrong with being a whore (from Canada's most sexually active province). BTW, in those stats, us and Quebec tend to switch places.

One of my favourite-ever examples of "Ugh... fucking Canada..." is the coverage of the results in the years that we win.

An alarming number of reputable mainland media outlets will do stories about how Quebec is the most sexually active province, and near the end just casually list the provinces with us sometimes 10% higher than Quebec.

BUT, to be fair, McLean's did a whole article about it/us in nineteen-fucking-nine. Even I would've been embarrassed to say I was from here then. And they described us the same way travel writers would now that we're cool:

https://archive.macleans.ca/article/...nd-enjoying-it

Best line:

Quote:
And Newfoundland is, after all, a small province that has spawned two famous Playboy playmates: Shannon Tweed, who lived with Hugh Hefner before hooking up with Kiss singer Gene Simmons and moving on to B-movie stardom, and Danielle House, who was stripped of her Miss Canada International crown after beating up her ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend in a St. John’s campus bar in 1996.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:58 AM

You would think the odd pixilated colour bits in this Calgary Hospital are temporary......you would think. But alas it’s permanent and rather hideous at that.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 2:27 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford1 View Post
You would think the odd pixilated colour bits in this Calgary Hospital are temporary......you would think. But alas it’s permanent and rather hideous at that.

I looooove the south health campus. It was quite contentious when built, but l live nearby and see it every day and love it. In the afternoon light it seemingly becomes part of the landscape. I can see why some don’t like the colours though.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Perhaps she is just too ugly for this thread. Ugly behavior from an ugly person.

She's worse than a bitch. She is a total cunt (and I never use that word, but here it fits). That numb cunt doesn't even care. Look at her smiling her shit eating grin as she leaves the courthouse:
Yeah, her post-arrest behaviour has not exactly made her more endearing, to say the least. I also reserve "cunt" for the worst of the worst. It's an apt epithet for the egotistical, publicity-seeking dumbass who walked out of court, Starbucks in hand. If we thought she would show a hint of contrition, we were quickly disabused of that folly.
Quote:
I once knew a shit kid that thought it would be funny to drop a full glass bottle of coke from the train/highway overpass* adjacent to my high school. It struck and shattered a stationwagon windshield, caused the driver to lose control, and ended up causing a four car pileup with a 7 year old girl in a coma for several months, and the mother, who was driving the station wagon, to have severe head injury that nearly killed her.

I hope you or someone turned him in.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:

I hate that word as well..probably the nastiest word in the english language. Twunt is a good desciptive term to describe this critter.

Well at least she is considered to be an Instragram influencer so whenever there is some bogus ill conceived concert to be hyped she'll get some temporary work.

'Instagram influencer' ..is this what we have come to as a society. Sad.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:34 PM

Quote:

It is fucking awful that’s what it is. I have plenty of friends who use the Gardiner as a way to commute from Toronto to other suburbs (IE: Mississauga, Hamilton) many of who where driving on The Gardiner when this bitch decided to perform her little stunt. I also have friends who live in the same area as this bitch. If that chair landed on the freeway many of my friends and probably family would be dead, maybe I would be dead as well. All because some cunt decided it would be funny to throw a chair off her balcony. In short I wholeheartedly agree with you on this matter. I also don’t really use the term cunt at all but I agree it fits.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:59 PM

I present to you the McGill University Health Center

It kinda reminds me of the Calgary Children’s Hospital but that has the excuse of being a children’s hospital.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 2:16 PM

This isn’t in Canada but my wife says this is the ugliest building in her home country of Holland.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 2:24 PM
arf

Whimsical and cringeworthy. The only thing it has going for it is that all the allusions in the structure belong to the location. I hope some Edmonton Developer doesn't see this and get any ideas.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada