HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
Architect of the future

really? I'll make it bigger when i start a new region.

Great city I-15! Really like the farmland and country towns! Looks very realistic! keep up to good work!

detroitmetro101, have you tired putting airports in neighbouring cities? That works for me some times. You also need to have some sort of mass transit, like elevated rail, rail, ferry or monorail. It needs to connect to neighbouring cities with ease.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower X View Post
really? I'll make it bigger when i start a new region.

Great city I-15! Really like the farmland and country towns! Looks very realistic! keep up to good work!
Thanks Tower X. SC4 is soooo addicting

Yeah you can add small, medium or large city tiles to your region. You can only add them to the bottom or right side of the region. So my region started as a 5x5 Large city tile region, and then I expanded it to 6x6, and later to 7x7 and then when my region does fill up, I can just expand it even further to 8x8. Although as it stands, 49 cities gives me plenty to work on

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 11:40 PM
Architect of the future

49 big city tiles? You could do what ever you wanted in them! woah, i must learn how to do that!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 1:33 AM

Quote:
49 big city tiles? You could do what ever you wanted in them! woah, i must learn how to do that!
thanks, but i already do have mass transit in the city, otherwise it would not exist. 4.4 million people take the subway, 4 million walk, 100 thousand take highspeed rail, 600 thousand take the bus, and 200 thousand take the ferry. subway lines are all connected to neighboringcities, otherwise the lower income of the city would not have jobs, resulting in depression.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 4:22 AM
Architect of the future

there are some airport mods/add ons that you could try, search for them on simtropolis.com im sure that i saw an airport expansion pack there the other day.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 7:34 PM

yeah, but they take to much space when expanding. although i dont think its a problem anymore cause one of the international airports on the peninsula is still at medium capacity.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 7:46 PM

Quote:
great city detroit!

you could make those big tenet/apartment buildings that look square, you know what i'm talking about? Well, make them into a more dense residential or office space with taller skyscrapers.
idk, because like i said before that change into highrise is occuring as we speak, but i kinda want to stop it because i made those brownstone tenements historical for a perticular purpose. when i was building the city in the beggining, my vision was to have a gotham like contrast between brownstone low income tenements, and modern glass highrises. the identity of the city is changing so fast that it looks completely different from before, as shown in earlier images. so, iam kinda conflicted about this. this city is so real to me, its like artwork. i try to draw city scapes, but this is my true canvas.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 2:21 AM
Architect of the future

Starting a new region soon, more realistic, larger one.

only got a few more city tiles left. pics of them coming soon

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 10:44 PM
Urban Fanactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
Dwils, you're good at making realistic looking cities, nice job!
Thanks.
I'm will try to get more pictures of the full regions where my two big cities are.

I've started a new region with 16 large city spots. Hope to complete the whole thing in less than a year will keep updating when I really get into this one.

Also good job 1-15 on that region. I find mountainous areas hard to build cities on so I try to not have to many in my regions.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 2:21 AM
Urban Fanactic

Heres my two big cites and regions I've been working on for the past two years.

The City of Etobicoke.

Satellite view of Wilson Region with the city of Etobicoke in the bottom centre.

Wilson Region transportation network.

The City of Wentworth.

Satellite view of the Large Region of Wentworth with the city of Wentworth almost in the centre of the picture.

Large Region of Wentworth transportation network.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 7:37 AM
Architect of the future

just finished my Mega-City region with the last tiles left filled up today.

And i just finished terraforming my new region. Dose anyone have a link to a snow cap mod that i could use from simtropolis STEX?

Anyway, to the new region, it's going to have 1 big city, 1 small city, mountainous villages, small country towns and a lot of farms.
pics in order from N.E, N.W, S.W and S.E

i will add to the region when i use the tiles up.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 3:47 AM
All aboard the Failboat

here are a few of mine

a close up of an interesting juxtaposition

The whole city

and a WIP

Old Posted Apr 25, 2011, 4:52 AM
Architect of the future

just finished my first city in my new region, it's got 51,000 people, i only want it that big, it's got a lot of business for a city that size though.

I also added a snow mod so it looks more realistic. Im going to make most of the region farm land.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 6:40 PM

So is it really possible to get 500,000+ residents without cheating? I never cheat. I like my cities to grow organically. Things start beaking down when you get over 100,000 residents. On the subject of Sim City. I wish the freeways were more realistic. If you have a freeway with a frontage road, the dumb sims take the frontage road instead of the freeway.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight-Seer View Post
So is it really possible to get 500,000+ residents without cheating? I never cheat. I like my cities to grow organically. Things start beaking down when you get over 100,000 residents. On the subject of Sim City. I wish the freeways were more realistic. If you have a freeway with a frontage road, the dumb sims take the frontage road instead of the freeway.
yes its possible, my city grew to 9.5 million without any downloads.

Old Posted May 1, 2011, 9:24 PM
BANNED

I don't have any pictures right now but my region is just over 3.5 million. The largest city is on a medium tile and is 265,000 but over 50% of it is industrial so it is very dense.

Old Posted May 1, 2011, 9:48 PM
BANNED

Am I the only one who thinks building a city with ploppables and landmarks (espicially ones with populations) is completely and undeniably lame?

Old Posted May 4, 2011, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
Am I the only one who thinks building a city with ploppables and landmarks (espicially ones with populations) is completely and undeniably lame?
short answere, yes you are. because sonner or later you will do it too. i had this game since 2003, and only a few months ago, is when i downloaded plops and landmarks, see old photos. i did not download them to cheat my way through a bigger city, because i had a city of nine million people well before, which by the way was solely based on strategy and planning; the reason i downloaded plops and landmarks was to make the city more interesting and to diversify the look and feel of it. so with that said, i take offense on how you phrased your quastion, just because you cant build a large city yourself, you shouldnt offend others, because others will respond in defense.

Old Posted May 4, 2011, 9:24 PM

this is how i build my city

Old Posted May 4, 2011, 9:24 PM

for those of you whom are familiar with the game and are wondering how is there so much demand to build such a city. there are a couple of steps you must take. 1st. start on a blank region and spcialize on certian industries like dirty industrail, manufacturing, or high tech. exit out of the game. copy and paste those cities a couple of times on your sim city 4 file, copy the from the region, and paste them to the download. restart the game again, and start importing the pasted cities from the download file. leave a center city of your preffered size in the middle that you want to develop as a residential and commercial zone. also make sure to have a utility city neighboring the city you want to develop, equiped with hydrogen power plants and landfills. once you prepared the region around the city your gonna develop, select the city and start it up. use the regular cheats like fightthepower, howdryiam, youdontdeserveit, and weaknesspays, if you need extra money. after you enter the cheat youdontdeserveit, implement most of the gifts offered to you. as the game goes on and your city grows, you will be offered those gifts again. pick than an area, preferably somewhere around the airport where yuou will wait until the end to develop, and build multiple stadiums and zoos, which will increase demand for residential development, stadiums=lower income-middle, zoos=middle income-upper income. if you notice most of my city has its lights on, there are no depressed areas due to loss in value, except for a few that crime hapends to be higher than normal temporarely. to achieve this, separate the different income residences.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art