HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 11:31 PM

I'm a little worried about the Republic tower. That's a lot of speculative office space, and Lincoln is focused on building our new tallest and tied up with that massive WeWork towers project mess in the Rainey District.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 11:42 PM
Meh

I honestly could care less about the Waller Park Place/We Work project. I think that whole project needs a re-tooling anyway. I was never a fan of it. I also think the We Work site should be divided up with an extension to Rainey Street through the block to connect to Cesar Chavez.

I would seriously be bummed out, though, if The Republic didn't happen. It would be one of the most attractive skyscrapers in Texas and a huge plus for our skyline because of the design, height, and location.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 7:00 AM
Everywhere all at once

I know I'm in the minority here, but I was never a fan of the Republic tower. It looked at best unfinished and at worst unoriginal. The Block 185 sail-shaped tower is far and away the building with more potential for iconic landmark status. The Republic site, like the post office site across Republic Square, are too prominent, and deserve something staggeringly impressive. I feel that we are making off with the best proposals from this boom and the next round will yet likely outdo this one.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 7:42 AM
Meh

I don't know, I would put The Republic right up there with the very best skyscrapers in Texas. I've even thought of it, in the same way, I do Fountain Place in that it will stand out on the skyline and take the skyline to the next level. 6 X Guadalupe and BBVA Tower, by comparison, despite being taller, are more average architecture. It's been fun watching the boom in Austin, but there are few new buildings I would place in the highest tiers of quality and style and prominence, and The Republic is one of them along with Block 185 and the Frost Bank Tower. So many others have contributed to the skyline in a big way, but few are standouts in the way I anticipate The Republic will, and not just because of its location either.

I also don't think it's necessary to have more height on The Republic block that what is proposed for The Republic. I'd rather have a stepped look north from the river having the taller buildings in the interior of downtown.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 3:59 AM
クラブトクヨ

Tower 5C is my new fav, love the look!!

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 4:36 PM
on the south side

GREAT looking tower.........the quicker the "Big Clipper" goes up, the sooner we won't be able to see the ugly "Big Molar" from the north!!!

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 3:29 AM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens View Post
GREAT looking tower.........the quicker the "Big Clipper" goes up, the sooner we won't be able to see the ugly "Big Molar" from the north!!!
Lol

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 8:42 PM
Member since 2001

Another 800+ footer...

4th & Brazos
823' / 65 stories

**Site plan is currently under review

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 10:12 PM

Cool!

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 11:29 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

WOW!!!!

Gosh, if I'm not mistaken, there are at least 27 projects under development in Austin's central core over 400' tall (10 are over 600'). About 24 of those have at least submitted site plans for review. I think nine of them have either already been approved or are under construction. And another 9-10 are close to being approved by the city.

Outstanding, Austin! Love it!

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 3:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
there are at least 27 projects under development in Austin's central core over 400' tall (10 are over 600'). About 24 of those have at least submitted site plans for review. I think nine of them have either already been approved or are under construction. And another 9-10 are close to being approved by the city.
meanwhile, in the larger city 80 miles south - **crickets**.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 4:15 PM

Project list compiled by forum userThe ATX in the Austin subforum, which gets much more attention than the main forum, so y'all should head over there.

This is a list of all underway projects and proposals, including some that are unlikely to ever get built.

This is a list of all projects underway over 300'

This is a list of everything completed or topped out above 300'

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 8:55 PM
Member since 2001

^^Absolutely fabulous job, The ATX. Thank you for keeping this up-to-date for everyone.

If I may make a suggestion...

When I see the word "proposed" (in development terms), I think of a project which is more of a vision/idea than a project moving forward through the entitlement process. The list above includes a few of those.

However, the majority of the "proposed" projects listed above are actually beyond a simple vision. Their respective developers have taken the time and money to submit a site plan to the city for review or have already secured their site plan approval.

In an effort to have a clearer view of where a project is in the development process, may I suggest changing the Status some of the "proposed" to "under review" (for those projects which have submitted site plans) and "approved" (for those who have received their site plan approval from the city)?

I have done this on my own list and it is really interesting to see how far along some of these projects are.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
^^Absolutely fabulous job, The ATX. Thank you for keeping this up-to-date for everyone.

If I may make a suggestion...

When I see the word "proposed" (in development terms), I think of a project which is more of a vision/idea than a project moving forward through the entitlement process. The list above includes a few of those.

However, the majority of the "proposed" projects listed above are actually beyond a simple vision. Their respective developers have taken the time and money to submit a site plan to the city for review or have already secured their site plan approval.

In an effort to have a clearer view of where a project is in the development process, may I suggest changing the Status some of the "proposed" to "under review" (for those projects which have submitted site plans) and "approved" (for those who have received their site plan approval from the city)?

I have done this on my own list and it is really interesting to see how far along some of these projects are.
My definition of "proposed" is rather broad. I use the comment line to state whether it is approved or awaiting city approval. On my next update I can update the status types.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 3:25 AM

Comment

I hate it when people comment on their own comment!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 3:25 AM

comment on comment

Me too!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 6:19 PM

^Lol!! Seriously, I'm so impressed with how this city and it's skyline has grown. When all of these proposed projects are built, the skyline will be even more stunning!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2020, 5:33 AM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
WOW!!!!

Gosh, if I'm not mistaken, there are at least 27 projects under development in Austin's central core over 400' tall (10 are over 600'). About 24 of those have at least submitted site plans for review. I think nine of them have either already been approved or are under construction. And another 9-10 are close to being approved by the city.

Outstanding, Austin! Love it!
It’s so crazy!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 4:21 AM

This is the Hilton Garden Inn 17th Street, which doesn't have a thread on the main forum. 230' and 18 floors, very close to topping out.

Photo by user Urbannizer

Hilton Garden Inn by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 3:53 PM

Page cooked up this massing of some upcoming towers in the Austin skyline. 6 X Guadalupe and Hanover Republic Square are already U/C, BBVA Tower (321 West) will likely start by yearend, and The Republic has been floating around for a few years, but is still likely to get funding eventually.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations