HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Monaghan Square I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 8:55 PM

The second tower looks like it is topped off or very close to.

20171202_123244 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 3, 2017, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
The second tower looks like it is topped off or very close to.
18th floor deck has been poured. They’re just working on the 18th floor columns now and then the roof. Should be topped off in another week or so.

Last edited by Takeo; Dec 4, 2017 at 12:06 AM.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 7:49 PM

Penthouse (18th floor) columns are done. They're just getting the roof forms in place now. Should be topped out in another week.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2018, 10:40 PM

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 2:31 PM

Not the most amazing picture, but Monaghan Square and Point North both visible here from the 5th floor Life Sciences Centre at Dal.
If Midtown North ever gets built, I think it should be pretty visible from here.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 8:25 PM

I was a visitor to the completed (rental) tower and it was quite nicely done. An expansive lobby with quality materials and design, and the apartment floors are laid out nicely in a "H" configuration, so no long corridors. Finishes inside are of a reasonably high standard with luxury vinyl tile and high-quality laminate on the floors, quartz counters in the kitchen and cool glossy cabinets. The units are not huge but are of a reasonable size. I was told the rental building is full and that the condo building under construction is sold out, which I find hard to believe, but which may be true given there are no listings to be found on the Domus Realty site. It left me with a feeling that this is a good place to live.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I was a visitor to the completed (rental) tower and it was quite nicely done. An expansive lobby with quality materials and design, and the apartment floors are laid out nicely in a "H" configuration, so no long corridors. Finishes inside are of a reasonably high standard with luxury vinyl tile and high-quality laminate on the floors, quartz counters in the kitchen and cool glossy cabinets. The units are not huge but are of a reasonable size. I was told the rental building is full and that the condo building under construction is sold out, which I find hard to believe, but which may be true given there are no listings to be found on the Domus Realty site. It left me with a feeling that this is a good place to live.
The condo was cancelled and refunds issued over a year ago now. The second tower is also apartments but hasn’t started leasing yet.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
The condo was cancelled and refunds issued over a year ago now. The second tower is also apartments but hasn’t started leasing yet.
That is not the understanding of my friend who just moved in to tower #1. But it may make sense given the success of leasing the initial offering.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
That is not the understanding of my friend who just moved in to tower #1. But it may make sense given the success of leasing the initial offering.
I’ve been living in Tower 1 since November. I was also a condo buyer in Tower 2. They cancelled the condo because they barely sold any units. There was discussion about it in this thread last year. I’m guessing they sold maybe 12% of the building. Once construction was ready to start on Tower 2 last spring the developer had no choice but to switch to rentals in order to secure financing. The bank would not provide financing for the condo project given the lack of pre-sales but they are much more lenient with financing for rental projects.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I’ve been living in Tower 1 since November. I was also a condo buyer in Tower 2. They cancelled the condo because they barely sold any units. There was discussion about it in this thread last year. I’m guessing they sold maybe 12% of the building. Once construction was ready to start on Tower 2 last spring the developer had no choice but to switch to rentals in order to secure financing. The bank would not provide financing for the condo project given the lack of pre-sales but they are much more lenient with financing for rental projects.
It is curious that my friend had very specific information apparently obtained from the property manager. I wonder if the secret plan is to try to revert #2 to condos at some point?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 12:42 PM

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 2:20 PM
The New Republic

Does it get any prettier at the base?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
This is from about a month ago.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 2:08 PM

The crane is coming down today

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Not really. There are too many materials.
  • Field Stone (bottom few feet)
  • Red Brick (podium)
  • Light coloured Slate (podium)
  • Stucco (entry overhangs)
  • Concrete block (podium base and banding)
  • Light coloured ceramic tile (towers)
  • BUTT UGLY fake red wood cement board (towers)
  • White Aluminum cladding (cornice)
  • White vinyl residential windows (cornice)
  • Curtain wall commercial windows (cornice)

And overall it has a very cheesy faux-traditional aesthetic and white vinyl windows like you'd buy at Home Depot. It's far from an architectural gem. Napier is really the only local design firm doing good work on apartment buildings.

That said, the units in the building and the public spaces are very high end and beautiful. It's a beautiful building inside and it's run by a fantastic company. I live here and I love it. But yah, the outside leaves something to be desired.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2018, 1:24 PM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth