HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 1:35 AM

I don't recall whether or not this has been posted already in one of the Austin threads, but here's an elevation of 3 Eleven Bowie from Austin Towers. Construction should be starting in a few weeks according to the most recent articles about it:

http://www.austintowers.net/Austin_D...wie-update.php

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 1:56 AM
Meh

Wow. Those are the building elevations. I haven't been able to find them yet on the city's website. The site plan file still says "Awaiting update". Those actually show what the building's shape will be.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Wow. Those are the building elevations. I haven't been able to find them yet on the city's website.
Try here.

It's the updated one & has the elevations on pages 43 & 44.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 2:56 AM
Meh

That's great. The elevations indicates it'll be 423 feet 3 inches to the mechanical penthouse. That would make it just 3 feet shorter than Spring and 100 feet taller than The Monarch. So it'll make a major impact on the west side of the skyline.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 3:38 AM

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
I don't recall whether or not this has been posted already in one of the Austin threads, but here's an elevation of 3 Eleven Bowie from Austin Towers. Construction should be starting in a few weeks according to the most recent articles about it:

http://www.austintowers.net/Austin_D...wie-update.php
Great design, but I dislike the "3eleven" on top. Reminds me of 21 rio in west campus.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 12:25 PM
~Hook'em~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
Great design, but I dislike the "3eleven" on top. Reminds me of 21 rio in west campus.
I kind of like that 3eleven written on the top.

Pretty building. I like it.

I updated the OP to add those 3 feet and 3 stories from the plans for 3eleven and added the Trinity Place to the proposed list with the link to the new thread Kevin made. Y'all are becoming experts and finding this stuff on the cities website.

Last edited by BevoLJ; Aug 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 3:16 PM

design wise...this is my second favorite of our "new" buildings... behind the fairmont. cant wait to see it finished.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 3:29 PM

It's one of my favorites as well. It will look really nice situated between Spring and The Monarch.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 4:39 PM
Resident Moron

Speaking of, are there any plans to connect Bowie to the round about they put in on 2nd just East of North Lamar?

There is something of an extension of Bowie between the two apartments on that side of the railroad tracks.

With 3rd being connected all the way through, it would prevent that part of downtown from being toally cut off by the power plant (where 2nd would have a dead-end).

I'd really like to see the city do something there. Would really open up access to the lake area and further connect that corner of downtown (obviously the Green Water Treatment development will do the lions share of that though).

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 9:47 PM
~Hook'em~

There is but it won't be until the start the Seaholm project. And it will just be for pedestrians not cars. Apparently any sort of interference with rail operations is a major deal. And when they are doing Seaholm they plan on moving the rail road a little and so they are waiting to build the pedestrian under thingie when they do that.

A couple other things being that 3rd isn't going to go all the way through. I don't think they are going to take down the old rail bridge over the creek, they are just going to use the pedestrian bridge next to it and maybe later upgrade the old rail trestle to be usable by the new urban rail that might go by there. On Second they are going to build a bridge over the creek, but it isn't really a good place for cars. It will have a road, but only two lanes like the rest of second. The road will end at the power plant, but pedestrians will be able to go under the plant and emerge on the other side near the railroad and Gables.

Edit: Look here at where the people are coming out under the plant:

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
CIA since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ View Post
There is but it won't be until the start the Seaholm project. And it will just be for pedestrians not cars. Apparently any sort of interference with rail operations is a major deal. And when they are doing Seaholm they plan on moving the rail road a little and so they are waiting to build the pedestrian under thingie when they do that.

A couple other things being that 3rd isn't going to go all the way through. I don't think they are going to take down the old rail bridge over the creek, they are just going to use the pedestrian bridge next to it and maybe later upgrade the old rail trestle to be usable by the new urban rail that might go by there. On Second they are going to build a bridge over the creek, but it isn't really a good place for cars. It will have a road, but only two lanes like the rest of second. The road will end at the power plant, but pedestrians will be able to go under the plant and emerge on the other side near the railroad and Gables.

Edit: Look here at where the people are coming out under the plant:

That isn't a tunnel under Seaholm, it is an entry at the middle level of three in the building. Most pedestrians going from the existing 2nd Street to Gables would walk through the Seaholm plaza and down the stairs beside the west entry.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 10:32 PM
~Hook'em~

Oh, I could have sworn I saw an entry on the east side where the intersection of 2nd and West will be.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
That isn't a tunnel under Seaholm, it is an entry at the middle level of three in the building. Most pedestrians going from the existing 2nd Street to Gables would walk through the Seaholm plaza and down the stairs beside the west entry.
SecretAgent: Do you know when they're going to even breakground? They said it was to be during late July....But still, nothing.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 11:31 AM
CIA since 2003

Quote:
SecretAgent: Do you know when they're going to even breakground? They said it was to be during late July....But still, nothing.
I can't give an exact date, but it will be soon. Probably September.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
I can't give an exact date, but it will be soon. Probably September.
Ahhh...hope they're not experiencing troubles. I still won't believe it til' I see it.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 10:40 PM

WTF is this? It looks rather lame, misguided, and ridiculous; a total monoculture. Mixed-use isn't much good if you cut it off from the rest of the city and surround it with a bunch of parking lots and green space. Le sigh...

Also, the rendering looks like a bunch of monopoly houses and that website is just atrocious. Don't mean to sound completely negative, but wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post

Old Posted Aug 14, 2012, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Ahhh...hope they're not experiencing troubles. I still won't believe it til' I see it.
I noticed that the two small Union Pacific containers that have long been on the site have been removed. So it looks like UP is handing it over.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2012, 6:55 AM

Progress on the mixed use project on Rio Grande.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2012, 7:40 AM
Meh

What project is that? Is this Callaway House?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations