HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 22, 2019, 1:04 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 22, 2019 at 1:16 AM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2019, 2:23 PM

Love that last pic.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2019, 4:53 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoM Trespasser View Post
Love that last pic.
Same. Screams of the classic romantic NYC skyline of the olden days. Thin towers <3

Old Posted Feb 23, 2019, 1:08 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2019, 7:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 5:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Video Link

https://ny.curbed.com/2019/2/25/1823...s-adrian-smith

Central Park Tower architect calls building ‘respectful’ of NYC skyline
The 1,550-foot building will be one of the tallest in New York and among the most prominent on the skyline

By Zoe Rosenberg
Feb 25, 2019

Quote:
“We have taken the responsibility of designing such a prominent landmark in one of the world’s most famous skylines very seriously,” Smith says. “We believe we have created a building that’s respectful, bold, and refined, but promises to be one of the greatest places to live in New York.”

The video comes about a month after the Wall Street Journal published an interview with Extell founder Gary Barnett, in which Barnett said sales at Central Park Tower were “decent.” Yet Barnett was undeterred, telling the Journal, “[w]e’re certainly going through a dip in the market, but we’re priced for that dip.”

Sales at Central Park Tower publicly launched in October, with about 18 of its 179 condos priced above $60 million. The two- to eight-bedroom condos start on the building’s 32nd floor, and feature corner living spaces that serve to maximize views. Some apartments will also feature 1,500-square-foot grand salons with 12-foot ceilings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuRHB4cANks/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuTkE2JnScg/

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 25, 2019 at 5:27 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Interesting pic near top of 432 Park.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 2:51 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 3:00 AM
DENNAB

Nice pics,

Very close to eclipsing 432 park ave.

I think it's already passed the WTC roof too...

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 3:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 3:21 AM

^ Awesome pics NYguy!!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 6:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I wonder how much I would enjoy this view of Manhattan if I lived in this neighborhood. If I see it 365 days a year, I would probably habituate to it, although the fact that so many tall buildings are being continuously added to this view should help keep it interesting. I wonder if there are pre-2001 photos of this exact same view. It would be fun to compare those photos with this one.

The Chrysler Building is lucky enough to be unobstructed from this angle!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 11:50 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
I wonder how much I would enjoy this view of Manhattan if I lived in this neighborhood. If I see it 365 days a year, I would probably habituate to it, although the fact that so many tall buildings are being continuously added to this view should help keep it interesting. I wonder if there are pre-2001 photos of this exact same view. It would be fun to compare those photos with this one.

We've posted photos over the years from that particular view, but none have shown as much change as we are seeing now. Here's a view from just a few years ago...

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Bbe...DEER_019.0.JPG

I guess it would be like any other skyline view that you see daily. You only realize how special it is when you go somewhere that doesn't have it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuVb7LSnMtu/

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 2:38 AM

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:

I go out of my way to drive down Victory Blvd instead of a taking a faster route when I'm on my way to this general area. I never get tired of the view. I consider it the best ground level view of the city outside of Weehawken.

This picture is taken from Staten Island, on the corner of Victory Blvd and Forest Avenue. Nearby Silver Lake Park is quite lovely, if you find yourself in the area. There is a 220ish foot apartment building at 700 Victory (which is already on top of a 300ish foot hill) about two minutes away on foot. Tenants can go to the roof on Fourth of July. Now THAT has got to be the best view of the city.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 1:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

^^Sorry for repost, but this is an AWESOME then and now. 45 years later and the telephone poles are the same, a few signs along the street are the same, ESB is the same...

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 2:25 PM

QuantumH2O, welcome to the forum, and thanks for that precious photo! Looks like back in 1974 the Chrysler Building was hidden behind the WTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
This picture is taken from Staten Island, on the corner of Victory Blvd and Forest Avenue. Nearby Silver Lake Park is quite lovely, if you find yourself in the area.
I have been to Manhattan countless times but Staten Island just once, in 1998. I don't think we stopped to take photos but the next time I am there I surely will. This is a stunning view and will get even more amazing once the dozen or so under-construction supertalls have been completed.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 2:52 PM

Quote:

I'm fortunate enough to live in an apartment with unobstructed views of Manhattan from right across the river. One of those places where people always stop to take photos. It never gets old - I'll look outside every day, sometimes for a while. The best are morning sunrises on a really cold winter day, or sunsets after a summer thunderstorm passed by. Hudson Yards has really been the highlight lately

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 6:46 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

huh, so we have final render.

i had not seen that before, is it new?

i would have liked a spire, but we figured that was off the table and the render seems to confirm it.

that said, i like the crown fine. its not fancy or anything, but it resolves ok.

all in all the tower looks great.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive