HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
It's not so much engaging with you as making sure your blatantly wrong statements are refuted so you don't poison anyone else coming by here with your nonsense.
Lol, ok take it up with The Inquirer I guess…

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:18 PM

Does anyone have an update on the development at Lehigh and Frankford? I think it was called Woods or something.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
Lol, ok take it up with The Inquirer I guess…
Did you even read the article? I said that the police are terrible at doing their job and Krasner prosecutes nearly everyone the police actually charge. How exactly did your article refute any of that?

The article notes the terrible performance of the police, so I guess we're in agreement there. The article does attack Krasner's conviction rate on illegal gun possession and notes that the rate fell after he took office(it was also already falling before he took office) but it doesn't have anything to do with the persistent myth pushed by you and others here that Krasner isn't prosecuting people for these crimes.

Krasner is prosecuting these people. They're just winning. The police blame him. Krasner blames the evidence the police are giving him. So I guess it's up for people to decide, are the police bad at obtaining evidence (keeping in mind, the police are bad at everything they do) or does Krasner love criminals and wants them to run free? Tough choice for the armchair intellectuals.

It's worth noting that conviction rates are down across America for all kinds of crimes. Probably because convicting people often requires testimony from a cop and it's pretty hard to find a jury full of people that all unquestioningly believe the word of a cop these days.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:50 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Also Just in....

https://twitter.com/KeeleyFox29/stat...11832680304641

Quote:
BREAKING
@septa
Transit Police Chief Thomas Nestel has been ousted. It comes after criticism from his own officers, riders& Philadelphia city leaders after a series of FOX 29 News reports revealing violent crimes committed on SEPTA trains, buses &in stations

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Did you even read the article? I said that the police are terrible at doing their job and Krasner prosecutes nearly everyone the police actually charge. How exactly did your article refute any of that?

The article notes the terrible performance of the police, so I guess we're in agreement there. The article does attack Krasner's conviction rate on illegal gun possession and notes that the rate fell after he took office(it was also already falling before he took office) but it doesn't have anything to do with the persistent myth pushed by you and others here that Krasner isn't prosecuting people for these crimes.

Krasner is prosecuting these people. They're just winning. The police blame him. Krasner blames the evidence the police are giving him. So I guess it's up for people to decide, are the police bad at obtaining evidence (keeping in mind, the police are bad at everything they do) or does Krasner love criminals and wants them to run free? Tough choice for the armchair intellectuals.

It's worth noting that conviction rates are down across America for all kinds of crimes. Probably because convicting people often requires testimony from a cop and it's pretty hard to find a jury full of people that all unquestioningly believe the word of a cop these days.
Wow you seem to really love Krasner. That’s really great. Glad he’s turning the city around. What’s your solution for those of us who think crime has gotten out of control?

““We do not believe that arresting people and convicting them for illegal gun possession is a viable strategy to reduce shootings,” the DA’s Office wrote.”

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...outputType=amp

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
wow you seem to really love krasner. That’s really great. Glad he’s turning the city around. What’s your solution for those of us who think crime has gotten out of control?

““we do not believe that arresting people and convicting them for illegal gun possession is a viable strategy to reduce shootings,” the da’s office wrote.”

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...outputtype=amp
gun control

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Holy shit guys. Shut up. Take it to the DMs. You know who you are.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Holy shit guys. Shut up. Take it to the DMs. You know who you are.
Hey now don’t wind up making Allovertown and myself friends here. I think we kept it relatively civil. We don’t agree, but we had it out.

Old Posted Today, 1:05 AM

I mean gun control could go a very long way in helping this city feel safe again I’m not sure how anyone could disagree with that there’s just no way around it. As for general violence and crime there’s desperation in the city that’s gotten increasingly worse since the pandemic. No murder rate is good but it was significantly lower in the years before 2020. Having a gun simply emboldens those people who would or wouldn’t normally commit violence. This is a major issue that is directly related to Philadelphia. It’s also just lazy to blame the Mayor and/or Krasner at this point

Old Posted Today, 3:07 AM

I was visiting Philly on 06/25/2022 and was able to snap a couple of photos.

NE Corner of S 26th & Pine.

NE Corner of N 2nd & Cecil B. Moore.

SW Corner of N 7th & W Dauphin.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development