HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 8:24 PM

Approved yesterday

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 8:58 PM

Old Posted Jun 9, 2021, 5:29 PM

The permit activity on this went quiet for a while, but there were revisions submitted last week. There's also a demo permit approved to issue, as of last month. This one might be moving forward in the near future.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2021, 5:31 PM

There's also some renderings I hadn't seen before on ZGF's website:

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 5:47 AM
A before E

Wow, someone had a lot of free time on their hands working from home during the pandemic.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 6:44 PM

IMHO that is a beautiful building that fits in with the neighborhood very well. Its a great location for a hotel as well.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnliu View Post
Nationally, hotel occupancy is falling. Maybe Portland is exceptional.
I'm not sure where you got your information for this back in 2019, but the trend was not falling at the time at all. In fact, hotels in the US set occupancy records in 2018 and 2019. Btw, this is my industry so I'm happy to go into more details with you. But here are some basic stats.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2021, 11:40 PM

The demolition permit for the existing building has been issued, although demo hadn't started last time I walked past the site. The building permit seems to be getting closer to issuance.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
The demolition permit for the existing building has been issued, although demo hadn't started last time I walked past the site. The building permit seems to be getting closer to issuance.
When I walked past the building in October there was still a business operating out of there. Not sure if they moved out or not as I haven't been past since.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 9:57 PM

I thought it was just used for overflow parking for 24 hour fitness?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2021, 12:43 AM

^I thought so too but the 2 garage doors on NW 12th and Irving were open with people loading and unloading things from trucks.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 6:51 AM

Excavation and Shoring Permit is approved to issue, as of yesterday

Old Posted Feb 2, 2022, 5:41 PM

Looking forward to this one getting under way. Will greatly add to the vibrancy of NW 13th Ave. If only we could get some of those large restaurant spaces fronting the street filled.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2022, 12:22 AM

I moved some discussion from this thread to the Permanent On-street Dining and Plazas thread.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 8:07 PM

We live nearby here ... lots of activity at the site lately digging up the street but no demolition of the building yet. Anyone know the story? I noticed this in Portland maps as of 8/3/22

PROPER HOTEL - Review w/ 20-113251-COFurnish and install parking garage exhaust system, heating, cooling, and ventilation systems for hotel rooms & common areas, pressurization systems for High Rise (9-story) Building

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 8:54 PM

Despite the delay in the start of construction I've heard that it's still moving forward. It will be a great addition to NW 13th Ave; I can't wait to have a cocktail on the loading dock.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Despite the delay in the start of construction I've heard that it's still moving forward. It will be a great addition to NW 13th Ave; I can't wait to have a cocktail on the loading dock.
Totally agree! I still find the building a bit weird but this will continue to building on the greatness that is 13th Ave. Plus, the Pearl really needs a luxury hotel. The Canopy is great but a little more Moxy than a high end boutique like Proper Hotels.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 3:21 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colossalorder View Post
We live nearby here ... lots of activity at the site lately digging up the street but no demolition of the building yet. Anyone know the story? I noticed this in Portland maps as of 8/3/22

PROPER HOTEL - Review w/ 20-113251-COFurnish and install parking garage exhaust system, heating, cooling, and ventilation systems for hotel rooms & common areas, pressurization systems for High Rise (9-story) Building
I also suspect the infrastructure work in the street area is related to the upcoming hotel construction. For instance, a utility pole has been temporarily installed in the travel lane of NW 13th Avenue near the SW corner of the future hotel. It is a guess, but it might be a move to accommodate utilities during construction.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Totally agree! I still find the building a bit weird but this will continue to building on the greatness that is 13th Ave. Plus, the Pearl really needs a luxury hotel. The Canopy is great but a little more Moxy than a high end boutique like Proper Hotels.
I've always thought that it has a very "fortress" vibe to it. Dark grays with little to no accent colors around it also add a very "gloomy" look to it. It's interesting for sure. The arches do remind me of the Portland Center Stage/Gerding Theater (The Armory) look, which I do appreciate for it's historical look and appeal.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2023, 8:48 PM

I haven't seen any recent activity at this site, but at some point in the last couple months the webpage for this hotel has been updated to say that the hotel is opening in Summer 2025, which would be consistent with construction starting this year.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland