HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
Plumbing permits have been issued (10/17 and 10/20) on Pop Blocks Phase 1A (sorry if this is the wrong place to post):
I saw a crane in the general area of the Pop Blocks from the 84. Is there one onsite?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:44 PM

I'm pretty sure that crane is there for Pepsi blocks. I was 1 block away, but surely it's for that. A GIANT dirt hill too, could see it from NE 28th over another building. Not something you see everyday for urban building development.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post
I'm pretty sure that crane is there for Pepsi blocks. I was 1 block away, but surely it's for that. A GIANT dirt hill too, could see it from NE 28th over another building. Not something you see everyday for urban building development.
The excavation for the new pop blocks building is pretty deep. Was by there last week and was surprised how deep it was.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2022, 1:50 PM

Article on pepsi blocks affordable housing snafu. I haven't been quite able to follow this....so the developer was using affordable housing funds to cover the construction cost (prorate based on rental square footage from each) of common areas that would also benefit market rate renters, and this is not allowed?

https://www.wweek.com/news/2022/11/0...le-apartments/

Old Posted Nov 5, 2022, 12:53 AM

Quote:
State ruling slows delivery of affordable housing

Crews in Northeast Portland are finally turning what was once a collection of old Pepsi warehouses into a 4.7-acre mixed-use development, Security Properties announced recently.

Construction of the first phase, including the Splash Apartments, was poised to start a year ago. The building permit for the eight-story structure had been issued – as had the alteration permit for restoration of the now 60-year-old bowstring-truss bottling plant. Excavation equipment was on site at 875 N.E. 27th Ave., in the Kerns neighborhood. Everything appeared set and ready to go.

However, behind the scenes that was not the case.

The project’s financing had stalled. Oregon officials in February ruled that developer Security Properties could not use a tax-exempt bond portfolio and low-income housing tax credit to cover construction costs.

The Splash Apartments will hold 219 apartments. Originally, 44 would have been for renters earning 60 percent of the area median income or less to meet city requirements. In return, the developer would gain flexibility regarding capacity, height, and site configuration.

Security Properties wanted to build all affordable units within the first phase of development, in the Splash Apartments. Two legal entities were created to separate the affordable and market-rate components, said John Marasco, Security Properties’ chief development officer.

“At the end of the day, I think in very simplified terms,” he said. “The state (officials) could not wrap their arms around having a mixed-income building with affordable housing units together with market-rate units.”
...continues at the DJC. ($)

A perhaps surprising tidbit at the end: "Entitlement for phase two will begin early next year, Marasco said."

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 5, 2022, 8:38 PM
BANNED

Whatever happened to nextportland?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2022, 12:40 AM

I’ve been busy

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 12:46 AM

Drove by the site today. Would've snapped a pic but it was too dark already. There's a crane up, along with a massive dirt mound I hadn't seen before. Looks like they're ready to roll, finally...

Old Posted Dec 18, 2022, 1:30 AM

Snapped a couple quick photos to show the progress here

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 6:24 PM

Nice shots! Thanks for showing us.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 3:22 AM

Slowly rising...

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 3:07 PM

Pre-Application Conference for the next phase of the Pepsi Blocks (via Portland Maps):

Quote:
An approximately 28,500 square foot parcel, as shown under City of Portland approved Planned Development Land Use application 18-248691-LU. It includes approximately 171 market-rate residential apartment dwelling units, with associate ground-level retail and below-grade parking. The total gross building area is approximately 211,000 square feet. Five levels of Type IIIA wood construction, over two above-grade levels and two below-grade levels of Type IA concrete, with concrete slab-on-grade and traditional spread footing foundations. The proposed stormwater disposal system for the project will be managed for water quantity control with a below grade detention vault/pipe prior to connecting to the public combined sewer system in either NE 25th or NE Oregon.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2023, 7:14 PM

Design Advice Request:

Quote:
An approximately 31,967 square foot parcel, as shown under the City of Portland approved Planned Development Land Use application 18-248691-LU. It includes approximately 165 market-rate residential apartment dwelling units, with associated ground-level residential amenities and below-grade parking. The total gross building area is approximately 221,831 square feet. Five levels of Type IIIA wood construction, over two above-grade levels and two below-grade levels of Type IA concrete, with concrete slab-on-grade and traditional spread footing foundations. The proposed stormwater disposal system for the project will be managed for water quantity control with a below-grade detention vault/pipe before connecting to the public combined sewer system in either NE 25th or NE Oregon.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 5:41 AM

Here's what the site looks like currently:

Old Posted Sep 20, 2023, 8:11 PM

Pepsi Blocks - Building B on the Design Commission agenda for 10/19.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2023, 5:27 PM

Design Advice Notice for Building B

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 8:24 PM

Building B DAR Drawings [16 MB] and Commission Memo.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2023, 3:33 AM

Picture from today 11/12

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 5:34 PM

Building B submitted for Design Review (via Portland Maps):

Quote:
An approximately 28,334 square foot parcel, as depicted in the City of Portland approved Planned Development Land Use application 18-248691-LU, comprises 160 market-rate residential apartment dwelling units. These units feature associated ground-level residential amenities and are complemented by 116 below-grade parking spaces. The total gross building area spans approximately 212,250 square feet. The construction consists of five levels of Type IIIA wood construction, situated over two above-grade levels and two below-grade levels of Type IA concrete. Foundations include concrete slab-on-grade and traditional mat footings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland