HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

1 Journal Square South Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 7:55 AM

Just kidding, the above image is from 2009. Hopefully we have the real deal in 2 days.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 3:50 PM

Someone needs to get on a diagram for these towers.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 6:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Site for the most part clear. Most of that rubbish was taken out. Can't wait for this to start. JC is the skyscraper capital for the glorious state of NJ.

Verrryiieee niiiicee!

This and 99 Hudson will redefine the skyline. Not to mention phase 2 and 3 of URL , and phase 2 of Journal Squared.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 12:24 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I walked by this today. No activity as of today. Given the dominance of Journal Squared next door, this will transform the neighborhood in a big way.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I walked by this today. No activity as of today. Given the dominance of Journal Squared next door, this will transform the neighborhood in a big way.
I was mentioning the lack of activity at the One Journal Square site on a Jersey City oriented forum and one of the most prolific and respected posters there believes that it won't be later than March until groundbreaking and laying the foundation. Hopefully that will be the case. The first tower at Journal Squared is going on market in the third week of February and brisk sales for this will almost certainly mean a much more rapid pace which indeed will be transformative.

Has anyone been able to gather more info on just what kind of changes have been agreed to by the Mayor's office regarding the Journal Square 2060 blueprint? Will we still have the prospect of two sizable towers as well coming out of the Loew's Theater area arts district proposal? Will we still have the possibility of more 20-25 story mid risers at least along the major thoroughfares?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 6:59 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 1:03 AM

Sad news to report that both towers are now copies of each other and will stand 777ft. The number of floors will probably be 70. Maybe one or two more floors if we're lucky. Actually, the more I think of it, these will be between 65 and 70 if the floor heights remain consistent from the previous iteration.

1000ft to me is a much more lucky number than 777. Pity whoever is leading Kushner companies didn't fight the FAA, instead oping for a cop out.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 12:49 PM
World Machine

Still significant height for the area.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 2:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I was hoping this would be the new tallest for JC. Well, I guess we have 99 Hudson for now.

But like Dac150 mentioned, this will be significant. Journal Squared Phase One alone is dominating so 777 ft will really shine.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 8:18 PM

One thing I found interesting is that One Journal Square has not applied for an abatement, despite being eligible to do so. This will be a big ratable for the city's tax base. The millions of dollars it will pay every year in taxes will have the effect of lowering everyone's tax bill. 99 Hudson is the other example. That will add around $7 million in annual taxes to the city.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 3:01 PM

Still no construction... and Jared Kushner is attracting a lot of negative press. I swear this site is cursed\evil.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 5:47 PM

I wish this guy would stick to developing Real Estate. Imagine the influence he would have if he was focused on One JSQ. FAA a problem? Just talk to the wife or Father-in-law directly.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/loo...ole-1794077117

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 6:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
Imagine the influence he would have if he was focused on One JSQ. FAA a problem? Just talk to the wife or Father-in-law directly.
Might lead to corruption in the real estate industry. BUT... if it means more super talls, well, a little super tall corruption never hurt anybody.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 8:18 PM

I SWEAR... when 2020 rolls around he's gonna regret he ever got involved in politics. Now he is just attracting negative press being the unelected superbureaucrat of his daddy in law's administration. Seriously, Jared..wake the fudge up!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just better hope that One Journal Square can get started before Trump gets us into a miserable economic downturn or some other political catastrophe develops.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Might lead to corruption in the real estate industry. BUT... if it means more super talls, well, a little super tall corruption never hurt anybody.
Politicans catering to racist NIMBYs, or worse, politicans engaging in land-use practices to keep certain people out of certain neighborhoods, like in Chicago when they designed the interstate system to wipe out and destabilize black communities while making accommodations to avoid cutting through wealthier white neighborhoods, or rerouting a planned transit line, or fighting against higher housing densities recommended by planners because it may bring poor minorities to a neighborhood have already corrupted the process.

Personally, I wish a city's denial of a new housing development for no legitment reason when its badly needed and the lack of new supply is pushing out existing long-term residents should be a Fair Housing violation. One a developer can take to Federal Courts and sue for damages and the right to build.

Or how about pulling back federal grants and support for public housing or Section 8 vouchers in communitues that don't encourage development. If a city is not helping keep its costs under control by ensuring there is an adequate supply of new housing, why should the federal government pay more to house all the people who cannot afford to live in the city because of city policies.

Hey Jared, you reading? Lol.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 3:33 AM
New Yorker for life

OK guys, let's leave the politics out of this discussion. Take a cue from the 666 Fifth Avenue thread.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2017, 8:32 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Pic by me. Taken today. No major activity as of yet although there were surveyors.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 3:26 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Kushner Companies seeks $150M for NJ project from Chinese investors

Quote:
Journalists were barred this week from an event in Shanghai that sought Chinese investment in a luxury apartment complex in New Jersey being developed by KABR Group and the Kushner Companies.

The family of President Donald Trump’s son-in-law hopes to raise $150 million, or 15.4 percent of funding for the project, through the EB-5 visa program, according to Reuters. The program allows foreigners to in effect buy U.S. immigration visas by investing at least $500,000. The event was organized by immigration agency Qiaowai, according to marketing materials.

Kushner’s sister, Nicole Kushner Meyer, is said to have spoken for 10 minutes, mentioning her family’s humble roots. According to the New York Times, Meyer attended a similar event in Beijing on Saturday telling the audience of roughly 100 people the project, known as One Journal Square, “means a lot to me and my entire family.”

Sophie Xing, a potential investor, said a “very important” factor in her decision to attend Sunday’s event was that the project’s developer was Kushner Companies and that Trump’s son-in-law’s sister would be speaking, according to Reuters.

Qiaowai made note of Meyer’s relationship to Trump in promotional materials, referred to the project as “Kushner1” and describes the project as “supported by the government, created by a star developer,” according to Reuters.
==========================
https://therealdeal.com/2017/05/07/k...ese-investors/

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 3:44 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Washington Post

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 4:17 PM

LOOK AT FULOP'S Facebook page. FULOP flipped. This may not get built!

Basically, he posts his displeasure of the project and vows to fight against the tax abatement request that was submitted last week.

I have serious doubts about 1 and 30 Journal Square moving forward anytime soon.

Fulop's post was made 50 minutes ago. This is huge!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction