HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I foresee noticeable construction for at least 2-3 months beyond grand opening- a lot is incomplete right now considering they are 4 weeks out.
It's hard to know what the inside of the mall space looks like but from what is visible from the street, this looks waaaaay far from ready.

Does anyone have a picture of the proposed project of the Snellenberg garage on Chestnut? They're going to start demo on that any day now. I can't recall seeing a rendering of that.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I foresee noticeable construction for at least 2-3 months beyond grand opening- a lot is incomplete right now considering they are 4 weeks out.
I've said this before but I really think they need to try and nail this opening. They only have one chance at a first impression and if the outside of this building is still filthy, incomplete, under construction, etc. people will be turned off and the Negadelphian attack machine will go nuclear.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
It's hard to know what the inside of the mall space looks like but from what is visible from the street, this looks waaaaay far from ready.

Does anyone have a picture of the proposed project of the Snellenberg garage on Chestnut? They're going to start demo on that any day now. I can't recall seeing a rendering of that.
There were old renderings as part of the master plan, but they may have just been placeholders.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
I've said this before but I really think they need to try and nail this opening. They only have one chance at a first impression and if the outside of this building is still filthy, incomplete, under construction, etc. people will be turned off and the Negadelphian attack machine will go nuclear.
I have some bad news for you...

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 1:30 AM

2100 Hamilton

Website is up -- not sure if that was mentioned here yet. But I saw on IG that Bock Development is advertising this building in local publications--game on.

“2100 Hamilton is a ‘beachfront’ building. The ‘ocean’ is the beautiful Benjamin Franklin Parkway. It’s unique.” -Cecil Baker

"29 LUXURY CONDOMINIUM RESIDENCES FROM $2.1 MILLION"

https://2100hamilton.com/

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:00 AM
Philly Rising Up!

^
I wish it wasn't enveloped in glass. Looks out of place on the Parkway with all the stately museum buildings. Real stone veneer would of been a better choice and the design is unremarkable. You could pick this bldg up and put it in the Science Center/University City developments because there's so much resemblence to what has or is currently there. Minus the balconies and you got a box office bldg. Blah.

Last edited by iheartphilly; Aug 21, 2019 at 2:13 AM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
I have some bad news for you...
Fantastic!

What is it?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
I wish it wasn't enveloped in glass. Looks out of place on the Parkway with all the stately museum buildings. Real stone veneer would of been a better choice and the design is unremarkable. You could pick this bldg up and put it in the Science Center/University City developments because there's so much resemblence to what has or is currently there. Minus the balconies and you got a box office bldg. Blah.
Happy to see the development. But this looks like a 1990s/early 2000s suburban office building. Barf.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Fantastic!

What is it?
He was referring to your comment that in order to avoid certain Negadelphian reaction to the execution of the FDP opening, they would have to nail it.

The bad news is, they do not appear to be in a position to "nail it."

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Website is up -- not sure if that was mentioned here yet. But I saw on IG that Bock Development is advertising this building in local publications--game on.

“2100 Hamilton is a ‘beachfront’ building. The ‘ocean’ is the beautiful Benjamin Franklin Parkway. It’s unique.” -Cecil Baker

Will this be totally blocking the city branch tunnel? Last I heard they were putting a park portion cap over the tunnel. It's such a no brainer to use that tunnel for mass transit.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 3:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_ View Post
Will this be totally blocking the city branch tunnel? Last I heard they were putting a park portion cap over the tunnel. It's such a no brainer to use that tunnel for mass transit.
The tunnel connects nothing with nothing, that's the problem, it was never designed for transit in the first place, it was freight only servicing the Callowhill industrial strip.

The best solution would be a tie-in with the BSL which is cost prohibitive, or to come to grade at Broad Street which isn't ideal. Street running downtown would be slow and expensive to lay track and hang wire. The other option is BRT which is about the only feasible usage for the tunnel. The problem is, again it doesn't go anywhere. It terminates at Callowhill and Broad St, so you still need to route on city streets downtown, turning it into a regular, slow bus with just a short stretch in the tunnel. It's really not worth the investment to convert the tunnel for what would essentially be a mile or two of BRT parallel to the parkway.

If money was no object, I'd love a heavy-rail spur of the BSL, but that's never going to happen, ever. I mean, the city will become depopulated by some kind of cataclysm and the human race will die out and Philly will never expand its mass transit infrastructure. What was built out in the last century is all we're ever getting.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
He was referring to your comment that in order to avoid certain Negadelphian reaction to the execution of the FDP opening, they would have to nail it.

The bad news is, they do not appear to be in a position to "nail it."
They still do have 28 days. We'll see. Hopefully it all comes together. Once the heat breaks on Friday I'll wander over and snap some pics.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:33 PM

Development moving West! https://www.westphillylocal.com/2019...th-and-market/ This area is gaining momentum with the 41st and Market development by Maza's team, and the lot across the street with Rite Aid will eventually be developed too.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Development moving West! https://www.westphillylocal.com/2019...th-and-market/ This area is gaining momentum with the 41st and Market development by Maza's team, and the lot across the street with Rite Aid will eventually be developed too.
Wish it were a little taller but happy nonetheless.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:52 PM

If the rendering is that ugly, the real thing probably is going to be a beaut. Another UC special.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
If the rendering is that ugly, the real thing probably is going to be a beaut. Another UC special.
Agree. Happy to see development. But it is ugly. I hope some pressure can improve it...it’s by right, though.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post

Cecil Baker and "unique" just don't go hand in hand anymore (did they ever?) For such a unique location this design is a real let down. The balconies look like they are a good size at least.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 7:22 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_ View Post
IIRC there are easements tied to the City Branch so a clear path through should remain under the building.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 2:11 PM

Sign permits pulled for 907 Market (The Gallery / Fashion District):

ERECTION OF 4 SIGNS ACCESSORY TO ASSEMBLY AND ENTERTAINMENT USE, AND MOVIE THEATER: (1) AMC 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED_: INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED: SIGN DIMENSIONS 7'-6" X 7'-6": SIGN AREA 11SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10): PROJECTION: 9'-4.5": (2) AMC 3A/3B (DOUBLE SISDED) INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED ALUMINUM PANFORM WITH PUSH THROUGH ACRYLIC; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-8" X 3'-6"; SIGN AREA 5SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10) PROJECTION 3'-4"; (3) ROUND1 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED): INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-1.5" X 4'; SIGN AREA 5 SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10); PROJECTION: 6'6"; (4) ROUND1 3: SIGN PRINTED ON FIBERGLASS BOWLING PIN; SIGN DIMENSIONS 2'-9" X 4'-8"; SIGN AREA 12 SF; BOWLING PIN MAN DIMENSIONS 16'-8" X 4'-8" (SEE PLAN SHEETS 6,7,11); PROJECTION: 6'. NOTE: DRAWINGS SHOW APPROVED LOCATIONS FOR NON ACCESSORY SIGNAGE FOR REFERENCE ONLY; THIS APPLICATION ONLY INCLUDES THE 4 NEW ACCESSORY SIGNS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcshan View Post
Sign permits pulled for 907 Market (The Gallery / Fashion District):

ERECTION OF 4 SIGNS ACCESSORY TO ASSEMBLY AND ENTERTAINMENT USE, AND MOVIE THEATER: (1) AMC 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED_: INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED: SIGN DIMENSIONS 7'-6" X 7'-6": SIGN AREA 11SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10): PROJECTION: 9'-4.5": (2) AMC 3A/3B (DOUBLE SISDED) INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED ALUMINUM PANFORM WITH PUSH THROUGH ACRYLIC; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-8" X 3'-6"; SIGN AREA 5SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10) PROJECTION 3'-4"; (3) ROUND1 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED): INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-1.5" X 4'; SIGN AREA 5 SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10); PROJECTION: 6'6"; (4) ROUND1 3: SIGN PRINTED ON FIBERGLASS BOWLING PIN; SIGN DIMENSIONS 2'-9" X 4'-8"; SIGN AREA 12 SF; BOWLING PIN MAN DIMENSIONS 16'-8" X 4'-8" (SEE PLAN SHEETS 6,7,11); PROJECTION: 6'. NOTE: DRAWINGS SHOW APPROVED LOCATIONS FOR NON ACCESSORY SIGNAGE FOR REFERENCE ONLY; THIS APPLICATION ONLY INCLUDES THE 4 NEW ACCESSORY SIGNS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Huge sign frame is up east of the future AMC theater portion of the building. I dont think it's one of the digital signs though- dont see any wiring harnesses penetrating building at this location.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development