HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 6:42 PM

UPS adds new centre to Burlington

UPS adds new centre to Burlington
BURLINGTON UPS is adding a massive health-care business distribution centre to its Burlington Canadian headquarters.

The 177,000-square-foot facility, to be located at the UPS ‘campus’ on the North Service Road near Walker’s Line, should be finished late this spring.

Bill Hook, vice-president of global strategy for UPS Healthcare Logistics said in a statement that the Burlington facility is one of four being added to the company’s dedicated health-care operations. UPS will soon have 30 such centres, the newest being build in Burlington, Singapore, Venlo, the Netherlands and Louisville, Ky.

There has been no indication whether UPS may add jobs in Burlington.

“We are seeing increased demand from health-care manufacturers wanting more agile supply chains. ” Hooke said.

“This clear industry trend is driving companies to look for more global solutions and deeper supply chain partnerships.” said Hook.

The Burlington building marks the tenth dedicated health-care facility in Canada and the second such facility at UPS’ Burlington logistics campus.

Set to open in the second quarter, the Burlington facility is designed to meet all regulatory compliance and quality assurance needs of health-care products while providing additional capacity to the Canadian market, say UPS officials.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...-to-burlington

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 3:23 AM
Bruatalism gets no respec

surprising. ask City Staff if they were even approached by UPS?

It's still good for Hamilton, because at least we can commute from our $129,000 houses.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 8:27 AM
Concerned Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post
surprising. ask City Staff if they were even approached by UPS?

It's still good for Hamilton, because at least we can commute from our $129,000 houses.
Did you read the article. They are building it on the same property as their other facility. They already own the land. Why would they consider building it anywhere else. The city of Hamilton or any other city for that matter were probably never given any consideration. It more than likely has been their plan all along to build there.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 4:30 AM
Bruatalism gets no respec

again, I'm glad that you're privy to every boardroom decision. If I ever need to know about any business decision, I'll just ask you for the minutes.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 6:12 AM
Concerned Citizen

Quote:
again, I'm glad that you're privy to every boardroom decision. If I ever need to know about any business decision, I'll just ask you for the minutes.
No, it's called common sense and the ability to think logically.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 6:23 AM
Hammer'd

Quote:
It was very clear in the article. Not bashing man, but seriously, he wasn't being a smart ass.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs